To play pool or not to play pool, what a stupid question.

The 30 Day love curse.

“What do you want to drink?” ilhoon asks as we take two seats at the bar. The place isn’t really crowded since it was still the middle of the day and a weekday.

“Umm…I actually don’t know…I’ve never had anything but rice wine before.” I said scratching the back of my neck embarrassed. Ilhoon smirked but didn’t say anything.

“Hey chris.” He called waving a tall older man over. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, I was shocked to see he was American. “Chris this is my …” he hesitated looking at me a moment. “my girlfriend.” He said seemingly unsure if he actually wanted to say that out loud. Chris looked at me giving me a crinkly smile.

“well hello there young lady.” He said with a thick accent. “You are by far the cutest girl ilhoonie’s ever brought in here.” he said giving me a wink. I giggled blushing slightly at the man’s words. “Well sweetheart what can I get for you?” he asked pleasantly.

“Yah hyung.” Ilhoon said snapping his fingers to get the man’s attention. “Stop hitting on my girlfriend hmmm, dirty old man.” Ilhoon scoffed. Chris chuckled and turned his attention back to ilhoon. “She’s never drank anything but rice wine, so I’ll take a scotch on the rocks and get her something fruity.” He said like he knew exactly what he was doing.

“Arrasso.” Chris nodded and walked off. he came back a moment later setting a small glass of ice in front of ilhoon before pouring a brown liquid on top. I watched in awe as he grabbed different bottles of liquid and dumped them into a glass stirring as he went before he slid a purple drink in front of me. “here you go darling, it’s called a skittles, very fruity but be careful it packs a punch.” He said sliding it in front of me.

“Thank you.” I said happily as I took the drink and took a timid sip from the straw. “Omo…it’s good!” I said excitedly as I took a bigger swig this time.

“Thanks hyung.” Ilhoon said nodding his head giving Chris the go ahead to leave. “This is my gift to you for the whole nu’est thing today…mian.” He said holding out his glass to me. I grinned tapping his with mine.

“It’s ok…and thank you.” I said taking another sip. I eyed his drink curiously.

“Wae…want to try?” he asked seeing me looking at it. I bit my lip nodding. “Here.” he said holding it out to me. I set my drink down and accepted his eagerly. “Careful…this isn’t a girly drink…it’s hard liquor.” He said as he handed it to me looking a little nervous.

“I’ll be ok.” I said sniffing the drink timidly. I put the cup to my lips and tilted it back taking a large swig.

“Yah! not so much.” ilhoon said shocked as he grabbed the cup. I sputtered scrunching up my face in disgust as the drink set my mouth throat and stomach on fire.

“Eww…” I said gagging. I grabbed my skittles drink up throwing the straw away as I tossed back the remaining contents of the drink to wash the bitter taste of his from my mouth.

“Gwenchana?” he asked patting my back.

“How do you drink that.” I said wiping the tears that had formed.

“You aren’t supposed to chug it pabo…you’re supposed to sip it.” he said laughing at me. “How you feeling, that’s a lot of liquor you just chugged.” He said earnestly worried.

“mmm…I feel a little warm and fuzzy.” I said grinning.

“That means you’re feeling it…let’s go play some pool hmm.” He said taking my hand drinking the last of his drink. “Chris a beer and another fruity drink at the table when you get a chance, maybe something with a little less alcohol in it for her though.” He said laughing as he ushered me to an empty pool table. I wobbled a little but got the hang of walking soon enough. “You ever play?” he asked handing me a pool stick.

“Nae, once or twice with my friend.” I said shrugging. I wasn’t good at pool but I at least knew the rules.

“OK, I’ll give you a handicap then.” He said taking three striped balls and threw them into a pocket. “You’ll be striped…I’ll be solid.” He said setting the remaining balls close together.

“ok, can I break?” I asked eagerly. Ilhoon cocked a brow looking at me skeptically.

“I don’t know…can you?” I stuck my tongue out at him moving to the head of the table.

“Just watch and learn mister.” I said smiling happily. I moved setting the pool stick on my finger as I moved it back and forth aiming at the cue ball. I moved the stick hitting the ball but it barely rolled as the stick bounced off it. ilhoon burst into laughter as I blushed hard.

“Omo…that…omo.” He said shaking his head as he laughed not even able to finish a sentence. “Aish…come here.” he said walking around the table. he set his pool stick down and placed the cue ball back in its spot. I moved to get out of his way when he grabbed my suspenders pulling me back against him. “Hold still.” He mumbled in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me taking my hands. i felt my heart take off in my chest as I realized how close ilhoon was to me…my back was pressed against his chest as he caged me with his arms. “Hold the pool stick like this.” He said as he moved my hands to hold the stick right. his breath blew my hair as he spoke into my ear. “Then you’ll want to get level with the ball.” He said and moved slightly to my side but still behind me as he helped me lean over the table his face was still close to me as his arms stayed around mine. “Then…”

“What are you two doing in public!” a voice said shocked. we were just about to shoot when the person yelled and it made us jump hitting the ball into the air as it sailed from the table. a hand shot out grabbing the ball out of the air. I looked to see it had been misun who had yelled startled. she had arrived with the rest of BTOB and the group beast. Junhyung set the cue ball back on the table smirking at us.

“I was teacher her how to play pool pabo.” Ilhoon said crossly. He stepped away from me grabbing a beer that chris had brought for him and taking a swig.

“Here sweetie, this one is a little less…harsh.” Chris said laughing as he handed me a reddish drink. I took a sip and it tasted tropical, there was a strong taste of coconut. “It’s coconut rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. I thought you’d like it.” he said when he saw me enjoying it.

“Thank you oppa.” I cooed happily. Ilhoon made a choking sound as he looked at me shocked.

“Please…call me that again.” Chris said gleefully.

“Yah dirty old man!” ilhoon called kicking at Chris. Chris dodged ilhoon’s foot and scooted away giving me a wink. Ilhoon pulled me closer to him protectively which shocked me a little. “Don’t start thinking weird thoughts…it’s only because every ones here.” he mumbled so only I could hear.

“Eungi, hey did you finish writing that paper?” misun asked coming over to me. I turned towards her so my back was to ilhoon.

“Nae, I finished it…omo…where’s my bag?” I said suddenly thinking of it.

“It’s in the office pabo.” Ilhoon said hitting the back of my head. I rubbed the back of my head pouting.

“I’ll get it for you later.” I mumbled.

“Yah ilhoon-ah…shouldn’t you be nicer to your girlfriend.” Yoseob said coming over to us. “You know eungi-ah…if you get tired of ilhoon yoseob oppa is here for you.” he said hitting his chest cutely.

“You know what…you can have her.” ilhoon said pushing my shoulder. I stumbled forward and yoseob reached out keeping me from falling. I glared angrily at ilhoon before turning to a shocked yoseob.

“Oppa…will you teach me to play pool?” I asked deciding I really wanted to get away from ilhoon. Yoseob looked to ilhoon not really sure what to do but when ilhoon was ignoring us talking to another girl in the bar he shrugged.

“If you ask princess, I’ll do.” he said cutely taking my wrist and pulling me through the bar to an empty table. “I’ve got to ask…you and ilhoon…are two even really dating?” he asked shocked as he picked a couple pool sticks. I looked at him startled when he continued talking. “I mean seriously, he allows you to go off with me knowing I’m going to hit on you.” yoseob looked to me grinning. “And I will start soon trust.” He said winking. “But anyway, he sends you off with me without another blink and then starts flirting with another girl.” He said exasperated.

“Oh…it’s just…ilhoon a little distant…he isn’t used to dating me yet.” I said shrugging. “It’s ok I don’t mind.”

“Omo…you’re too kind.” He said shaking his head. “And really adorable…I think you’re giving me a run for my cutie award.” He said pinching my cheek. I giggled bushing a little.

“Thank you oppa…you’re sweet.” I said happily.

I played pool with yoseob a little longer getting better with his instruction. Hyunseung and kikwang wandered over as well and we had played teams for a while before we just started talking.

“Anni, I’m serious.” I said laughing as I swung my feet back and forth. I was sitting on the edge of the pool table with yoseob beside me and the other two standing in front. “I’ve honestly dated 20 people…ilhoon’s the 21st.” I said holding up two fingers in a scots honor.

“Omo…you just seem so innocent.” Kikwang said shocked. I laughed at this.

“I am innocent…” I said honestly. “I’ve never kissed a single one. I have a thirty day curse…it’s true.” I said when they looked at me skeptically. “I’ve never been able to date a guy for more than 30 days it never fails on the 30th day.” I make a cutting motion with my hand. “They cut me loose.” I said pouting.

“Chincha…that’s so sad.” Hyunseung said patting my head gently. “It’s ok nothing ever wins over ilhoon, he won’t let the thirty day curse get to you two.” He said encouraging. It would be better if I and ilhoon were really dating.  

“Hey…we should get going.” Junhyung said coming over to the table. “We’ve got to go take care of something.” He said patting kikwang. “It’s nice meeting you and everything eungi. I hope we can meet again soon.” he said giving a cute lopsided smile before walking off. kikwang and hyunseung said their goodbyes and headed off after junhyung.

“Hey…come here.” yoseob said holding out his arms for a big hug. I grinned and hopped off the table about to give him a hug and I felt nothing but a back. Shocked I looked up to see ilhoon had interjected himself between us just before I could hug yoseob. He looked queasy as yoseob unknowingly hugged him.

“Get off me!” ilhoon boomed shaking a shocked yoseob off.

“Oh…I guess you two really are dating.” He said and grinned cutely. “See you cutie.” He said winking at me before hurrying after his friends. Ilhoon turned to me glowering.

“Are you trying to make me look bad? Like my girlfriend doesn’t even care about what I think?” he hissed when no one was around to hear. I could smell beer on his breath and his cheeks were flushed a little pink.

“Ilhoon…you shoved me to him…and besides we aren’t even really dating so what I can’t even hang out with another guy?” I asked dumbfounded. Ilhoon bit his lip angrily grabbing my shoulders as he pushed me back against the pool table. “Yah.” I whined a little hurt by the force.

“It doesn’t matter, while we are dating you have to act like it…they are thinking we aren’t really dating.” He hissed. “Aish…I can’t believe this.” He groaned. He looked over his shoulder to see the others watching us. “Mian…you’ve brought this on yourself.” He said removing his hands from my shoulders. He grabbed my waist pulling me forward as he brought his lips down to mine kissing me roughly.