Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you.

The 30 Day love curse.

I sunk forward as I felt myself getting tired. I wouldn’t let ilhoon let me down so I had been up here all day and the sun was taking its toll on my already tired body.

“Can I ask you something?” ilhoon said catching my attention. I know he was trying to keep my mind off how tired I was.

“Yea…I think …I have a minute.” I said laughing weakly. Ilhoon was sitting on the ground beside me with his back pressed against the pole. He hadn’t left my side and I doubted he would anytime soon from his words.

“Why did you take the photo?” I looked down to see he was still holding the photo in his hand. I laughed weakly shrugging.

“I don’t know…you scared me…but when I looked at that photo I could imagine the baby you with your personality and it made me laugh…and I thought it was cute.” I said shrugging. “I thought I could keep it for when you bothered me so I could always have a good laugh.” Ilhoon was silent. I felt something in my pocket and looked down to see him slipping the photo back into it.

“You can keep that for me…I don’t have pockets.” He said looking away from me. I smirked at how cute he was. He jumped up off the ground dusting himself off. “Are you tired?” he asked standing in front of me. I shook my head even as I yawned. “Whatever you liar.” He said poking my forehead. He moved closer to me so there was no space between us making me gasp.

“What are you doing?” I said shocked.

“Shut up.” he said sternly as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me a little closer to him. “lean into me…I’ll keep you up while you sleep.” He said softly. His breath stirred the hair on my head. I tried to resist but his comfort seemed so welcoming I felt myself drifting off against him.

“Well, well, what do we have here.” I felt llhoon tense against me making me up. I stood up straight and ilhoon stepped away exposing jr behind him. “isn’t that sweet.” He said clucking his tongue.

“Jr…let her down.” ilhoon said angrily. jr laughed and shocked me and ilhoon both by setting out a folding chair in front of us and taking a seat.

“Yah!” ilhoon yelled taking a step forward. Before he got away from me I grabbed the bottom of his shirt stopping him. he looked down at my hand clutching his shirt then to me. I just shook my head telling him to stay still.

“I thought I would sit here and visit a while.” He said smugly. “Eungi-ah…did you think about the deal I gave you?” he said cocking a brow. I laughed nodding.

“Oh I did, I thought really hard.” he leaned forward looking at me expectantly. “and the only thing I would like more than getting down is to watch you when ilhoon finally gets his hands on you…I won’t do it.” I said sternly. “never.” Jr laughed and leaned back in his chair.

“We’ll see how long you’ll last…it’s only been one day.” he said gesturing to the darkening sky. “How long can you last like that?”

“However long it takes.” I said standing up straight.  Ilhoon was sitting on the ground his head back against the pole. I could tell he was tired as well. it was 3am and he hadn’t left my side once. I could hear the soft snore coming from him. jr was still in the chair in front of us plaing with a butterfly knife as he watched me evenly. He glanced to the sleeping ilhoon then back to me.

“You’re a better person than him.” he said pointing to ilhoon. I sat quietly not responding. “He’s just letting you stay like that, he doesn’t even like you but you’re willing to sacrifice yourself like this for him?” jr said flipping the knife around.

“Why wouldn’t i…he’s my boyfriend.” I said not letting go of the charade we were in. it hadn’t been 40 days yet…I couldn’t let it go.

“Pabo…you’re his girlfriend by title only…I can tell he doesn’t care for you.” jr leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. “Come on eungi, call out for ilhoon to help you…get down from there and let me take over the schools hmmm…I’ll be your boyfriend…and I promise you’ll be treated much better than he treats you.” he said standing up.

“I would never date you…whether me and ilhoon are together or not…I’d rather be alone.” I said disgusted. Jr looked at me furiously. I let out a little scream as he took the knife he had been playing with and through it right at my face. I flinched turning my head away but the pain never came. I opened my eyes to see the knife a half centimeter from my face. Ilhoon’s hands were clamped on the knife holding it. He had caught it right before it struck.

“That’s it.” he said furiously. He turned the knife in his hand and threw it with force at jr.

“Ilhoon!” I called shocked. The knife narrowly missed jr but I think that had been ilhoon’s plan, jr stumbled to the side caught off guard as ilhoon jumped on punching him in the face sending him to the ground.

“Don’t! You! Ever! Come! Near! My! Girlfriend! Again!” I yelled hitting Jr with every word. I saw blood covering ilhoon’s fist and Jr’s face.

“Ilhoon! Stop!” I cried. I didn’t want him to get hurt…his fist was bleeding. Ilhoon froze mid punch and he looked over his shoulder.

“Look away eungi.” He said coldly. when I didn’t look away ilhoon turned towards me. “Look away!” he yelled. i went to turn away when jr’s fist connected with ilhoon’s face sending him backwards on his back. jr was up and running in a second.

“You’ve lost it now ilhoon!” jr called laughing. “The schools are going to be all mine!” I watched horrified as jr. ran away.

“Ilhoon.” I said shocked. he jumped off the ground spitting blood out as he ran towards me. “Why did you do that pabo…why!” I cried as he untied the ropes around me. “Now he’s going to get ahold of the school.”

“Shut up.” he said untying the last of the ropes. I sagged forward with the sudden release as my legs where too tired to hold me. Ilhoon caught me in his arms scooping me up bridal style. “I don’t care if I lose the schools, I wasn’t going to sit there and watch him kill you.” he said disgusted.

“He knew you were awake you idiot! Even I knew that.” I said scoffing. Ilhoon looked down at me then straight again as he continued carrying me across campus.

“Doesn’t matter.” Was all he said.

“Besides…you could have stopped at that….then we wouldn’t have this problem.” I continued. Ilhoon sighed stopping his walk.

“Listen…I don’t care…understand? I don’t care, I couldn’t stand there and listen to him anymore, or watch you like that anymore…I couldn’t-“ he stopped speaking as I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly. I don’t know why, I don’t know what happened in my mind, or to my heart as it leapt and sped, but I couldn’t resist any longer, I needed to hug ilhoon, I needed to be close to someone, I had been so scared and until now I didn’t even know it.

“Thank you…I was so scared.” I cried burying my face into his shoulder. “I wanted to ask for help so many times…I just didn’t want to let you down.” I said sniffling.

“Pabo.” Ilhoon said again. “You’re breaking rule number one…no hugging.” He said a little laugh in his voice.

“m-mian.” I said pulling away from the hug.

“It’s ok…I’ve broken rule number two, twice.” He said shrugging. I furrowed my brow confused.

“Anni, you only kissed me once.” I said counting.

“You forgot this one.” he said and brought his lips to mine kissing me gently as he held me close in his arms.