If life gives you lemon, make lemonade then find someone with vodka and have a party.

The 30 Day love curse.

“Aish…why is he such a jerk…hot and cold I swear.” I mumbled to myself as I stomped down the street. “He decides to help me then goes and makes it the most difficult time for me…argh!” I groaned puffing out my cheeks in frustration.

“What’s the matter baby, something I can help you with?” a sleazy voice said from behind me. I whipped around startled as I saw a group of familiar boy’s stalking towards me. They were a well-known gang of the community college down the street. They called themselves NU’EST.  Jr. the leader stepped forward pushing some of the boys out of his way as he made his way to the front of the group. He adjusted his jacket dusting off the sleeves as he narrowed his eyes at me.

“You’re Ilhoon’s new girl right?” he said pointing a leather gloved finger at me. i looked at them not knowing what to do. “Is she mute?” he asked furrowing his brow and looking to his friends who just shrugged. He stepped closer making me squeak and take a step back. he chuckled shaking his head. “Mmmm, I like the sound that a scared girl makes.” He said reaching out and twirling a piece of hair around his finger. I cringed away from him but I couldn’t get far as he had me backed against a wall.

“I-if you know…I-I’m his girlfriend…then maybe you should leave me alone…before he finds out.” I said trying to sound like I wasn’t afraid but I couldn’t keep the stutter out of my voice along with a slight shake. Jr chuckled and it transformed into a scary laugh.

“Oh sweetie, you don’t know very much about your boyfriend do you?” he said pushing away from me crossing his arms over his chest. “Ilhoon-ah won’t do anything if I do something to you.” he said chuckling. I furrow my brow looking at him confused. “He can’t.” he said shrugging.

“You’re lying…why wouldn’t he interfere if his girlfriend was being harassed, he does when it’s strangers.” I said crossing my arms defiantly.

“You know…I can show you better than I can tell you.” he said and reached out for me. I yelped in surprise scrunching my eyes closed in fright. There was a sound in front of me and the nothing as I waited for jr to grab me. I blinked an eye open then another to see jr. on the ground holding his jaw. Shocked I looked to see a group six boys standing there with scowls on their face.

“Jr…others.” a boy with a deep unique voice spoke. He glanced at me and reached out grabbing my wrist pulling me behind him gently. “Ilhoon may not pay attention to what happens to his girlfriends…but as his sunbae’s we do.” he said sternly. Oh my god…this was BEAST! I was just saved by beast…oh my life.

“Mian…we were just having a little fun.” Ren said stepping forward and helping jr off the ground. jr shook Ren off angrily as he glared at the boys. He pointed to me menacingly.

“This isn’t over little girl. You better stick close to your boyfriend.” He said before spitting on the ground and walking off with his group tagging behind.

“Gwenchana?” a cute boy with a tiny face asked touching my arm gently. I knew him as yoseob.

“Nae…Komawo.” I said giving them a bow. I stood back up straight tucking my hair behind my ear as I looked over the boys. “can I ask…why you helped me?” I said curiously. They had never bothered with our school’s business as far as I knew.

“Because, you’re ilhoon’s girlfriend right?” junhyung said questioningly. I nodded meekly. “That’s why.” He said shrugging. “You shouldn’t hold this against ilhoon either.” He said patting my head gently. “He can’t do anything to them it was a pact that they made a worm hole through a long time ago. If he does anything to harm them for personal reasons then they get control over the universities and ilhoon can’t do anything about it.” he said solemnly.

“But…how is it personal if they are harassing me not him?” I asked confused. doojoon chuckled.

“Because you being his girlfriend…makes it personal to him” doojoon said poking me playfully in the forehead. I giggled nervously.

“I understand…it’s ok I never expected him to protect me anyway.” I said shrugging. “But can I ask a question…is ilhoon always so…” I tapped my chin.

“Prickly?” yoseob asked. I shook my head.

“Distant?” kikwang asked. I shook my head again taking a deep breath.

“Completely and utterly irritating.” I said nodding my head happy with the words. They boys all stared at me in shock before bursting into laughter. “What did I say?” I asked confused.

“Hyungs!” a familiar voice called out everyone turned to see sungjae barreling down the road towards us. “Hey! What are you guy’s doing around here?” he asked hopping to a stop. “Oh…hey noona.” He said giving me a wave. I smiled giving him one back.

“We were just chatting with ilhoon’s new girlfriend is all.” dongwoon said patting my shoulder. Sungjae nodded looking at me confused.

“Noona, aren’t you supposed to be in school? Ilhoon had been looking for you for the last hour.” He said scratching the back of his neck.

“Chincha? Wae?” I asked confused. was he going to break our deal because he was mad at me.

“I don’t know…he’s coming now why don’t you ask him.” he said pointing down the street. I looked over his shoulder to see ilhoon walking slightly ahead of the others a perplexed look on his face as he stared down at his shoes. “Hyung! She’s over here with beast sunbae’s!” sungjae called waving his hands. Ilhoon’s head snapped up as he lay his look on me. it transformed from shock to relief to anger in a split second. He took off running towards us. He stopped bowing to his sunbae’s momentarily before turning towards me a fierce look on his face. he grabbed my wrist and pushed through the others pulling me after him as he hurried down the road away from everyone.

“Yah…ilhoon-ssi what are you doing!” I called as he pulled me down an alley before kicking a door open and pulling me inside. We were in some sort of store room filled with liquor. I looked around confused but ilhoon kept pulling me towards a stair case to our left. He pulled me up the stairs that led to another door. shoving it open he pulled me inside. It was some sort of office room that had a large window across the length of the large room that out looked onto the bar down below. Releasing my arm finally ilhoon whipped around shutting the door before moving over to the window pressing a button making the windows tint black closing us off from the bar below.

“Gwenchana? Are you hurt anywhere?” he asked coming over to me grabbing my arms. He lifted them up looking me over.

“I’m fine…wae? What’s up with you all of the sudden.” I said confused as I pulled my arms back from him. he was still looking over me frantically. When he finally decided I was fine he sighed in relief and sank back against the large wooden desk crossing his arm’s over his chest.

“Aish….worrying people.” he mumbled as he ran his hands roughly through his hair.

“Hmmm…ilhoon? Do you want to explain what’s up with you?” I said getting a little irritated.

“the guy’s told me that Nu’est heard I had a new girlfriend and they were on the prowl.” He said pushing off the desk. “I went to find you so i could walk you home, make sure nothing happened but I couldn’t find you.” he said shrugging. I felt a little blush creep into my cheeks. He had been worried about me?

“well I’m ok see?” I said holding out my arms and spinning around. “Beast oppa’s helped me out…honestly I had run into NU’EST, I don’t know what would have happened” I said shuttering. Ilhoon was watching me evenly but I could see his hands clutching the edge of the desk tightly. clearing his throat he looked away.

“Well at least you’re ok. It would have been troublesome had something happened.” He said indifferently. “But so you know, if they ever do get their hands on you…I can’t do anything.” He said looking back to me seriously.

“I know, you don’t have to explain. Besides we aren’t really dating I never expected you to stick your neck out for me anyway.” I said easily. I moved over to the window curiously pressing the button as the window became un tinted. “Where are we?” I asked curiously, I didn’t think I had ever been here before.

“My dad’s bar.” He said coming to stand behind me and look down. “want a drink?” he said looking to me.

“Oh…I don’t have any money.” I said apologetically. He looked at me cocking a brow.

“Did you miss the part where I said this was my father’s bar?” he said flicking me in the forehead. I winced rubbing the spot where he had flicked.

“Does that mean you’re buying me a drink?” I said cutely. “Aww, you should be careful people might actually think you’ve got some feelings for me.” I said picking on him.

“Fine, if you don’t want to then.” He said shrugging and walking past me to leave.

“Omo, let’s go together!” I called running after him.