Chapter 2: The Commanding Ice Princess

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Yeon chewed the omelet rice in her casual clothes of white jean shorts that went to her knees and a white plain t-shirt that had a pocket on the top left with Nike mixed coloured sneakers. Jungkook was there playing Fruit Ninja on Soo Yeon's phone; well that's what Soo Yeon thought. The newbie was sitting opposite of Soo Yeon (Jungkook was beside her). Ho Seok was sitting still as stone, as he absolutely had no idea of what to do. Jungkook was slightly smiling because Soo Yeon couldn't quit. Kris was there in the office and he was more than happy that Soo Yeon wasn't quitting, heck she couldn't!

Along the way of eating, something didn't feel right for Soo Yeon, like somethings missing from her. She stopped munching, making the spoon clack loudly on the table and Ho Seok along with Jungkook sent their gazes towards Soo Yeon.

"What's wrong?", he asked, looking away from the phone.

"Something doesn't feel right.", Soo Yeon's eyebrows were furrowed together tightly. She stood up and looked around her surroundings, nothing was odd about that though. She looked at Ho Seok, nothing was weird about him, obviously, he didn't even do anything! Se looked at Jungkook in which he returned to her with raised eyebrows, nothing was different about him. She looked on her own body and her gaze fell to her finger. 'Oh, no....', she thought. Her hands flew to her desk and with one quick motion of the wrist, she scattered away all the papers from the table. Something silvery caught Soo Yeon's sight. She moved one more paper away, close to the silver material and there she sighed in relief as she saw of what she was looking for.

Soo Yeon picked up the silver ring and smiled, Jungkook rolled his eyes, Ho Seok stared at the ring blankly, but it was carved with letters that he couldn't see. What it said was "KTH<3JSY". It was a ring that Soo Yeon treasured for 12 years already. A ring that her beloved one gave to her when they first got together. Her loved one has it too. Soo Yeon inserted the ring into her finger and smiled. 'Glad I didn't lose it.', she thought. Soo Yeon faced the newbie and coughed awkwardly.

"What was your name again?", she asked. The newbie looked at Soo  Yeon and answered her with anxiousness.

"Ho Seok, Jung Ho Seok.", Soo Yeon realized the newbie's anxiousness and smirked slightly. 

"No need to be so stiff, relax and don't worry, we'll get along.", she stood up and leaned forwards to pat Ho Seok's shoulders firmly. The newbie flinched. Soo Yeon sat back down and turned to Jungkook. "Give it here, I need to call Kevin.", she commanded. Jungkook was used to her commands, and its only to him.

Jungkook exit out of the game and handed the phone to Soo Yeon. He looked down to the floor and picked Lazy Prince up. He played with its droopy ears and scratched them with a smile on his face and the Basset Hound kept on having the "droopy" face.

"Don't you have some errands to do for mum?", Soo Yeon asked Jungkook, he averted his eyes towards Soo Yeon, which she looked back with raised eyebrows.

"How do you know?", he asked.

"I don't know.... maybe because I live in that house and I've heard her saying that to you for a gazillion times?", she encountered back in a not amused way. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, I'm going with your Lazy Prince.", Jungkook stood up and head out of the building after Soo Yeon gave her dog a cuddle.

"And don't forget to watch over Soo Jung!", Soo Yeon yelled towards Jungkook, who was halfway on opening the door. Soo Yeon smiled a loop-sided grin to herself and scooped the last spoon of omelet rice before facing the newbie after drinking water in which he asked a weird question straight away.

"Was that your husband?", Ho Seok questioned with an innocent face, Soo Yeon burst out fits of laughs.

"Who... why'd you think that! How can HE be my husband?! Its so impossible!", tears were on the corners of  Soo Yeon's eyes. "You are incredible!", her laughs slowly cooled down and Soo Yeon wiped the tears off. Ho Seok blinked blankly. Kris on the other end chuckled.

"Then who was he?", Ho Seok asked, very clueless of who Jungkook was.

"He's my step-brother!", Soo Yeon exclaimed loudly, looking at the clueless newbie with big bright eyes and smiling open.

"Oh.......", Ho Seok's words trailed off. 'Step-Brother...... should take note of that', he thought. "Sorry about that."

"Nah... don't worry, it was nothing to be sorry about but it was my first time hearing someone say that.", Ho Seok just smiled sheepishly. "How old are you?", Soo Yeon asked.

"I'm 26 years old.", replied Ho Seok. Soo Yeon's eyes twitched. She didn't expect him to be the same age as her. And he came to the Police Station at quite an age, because usually, you come to the police station at the age of 23 and that is when it starts officially, training and all is all the years before that.

"Seriously?", Ho Seok nodded. "You should've came here at around 23 though, was something the matter?"

"Uh, not really, I was studying Police Studies in New Zealand and the time of studying in New Zealand is a bit longer than over here, in Korean.", he explained.

"Ah... can you speak English?", Soo Yeon asked. Ho Seok shook his head. Soo Yeon placed a questioning look on her face.

"Barely. I studied in a Korean University, but the syllabus and all it of New Zealand.", Soo Yeon nodded slowly, understanding.

"Okay, that's fine.", Soo Yeon took the file of Ho Seok profile from her table and read it through. He had brilliant grades for all his subjects, but it was weird why he wanted to become a police officer when he had excellent grades, a deserved to be a doctor, a surgeon. Her eyebrows crinkled. "Why did you want to become a police officer when you have these awesome grades that qualify a doctor?", Soo Yeon asked him with a very concerned face.  She noticed how Ho Seok slightly trigger at the question. 'Blood type A... no wonder he's a very quite guy.', she thought. 'I should tell her, she is my senior after all.', Ho Seok thought.

"B-b-because of m-my mo-ther.. she w-was a police officer b-before but died when she was on duty.", Ho Seok replied with slight hesitation. Soo Yeon smiled warm-heartedly at him.

"I know you don't want my pity, so I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, I'll just say that you have a really brave mother, I'm sure she was a great woman!", Soo Yeon looked back to Ho Seok's profile. Ho Seok felt better from Soo Yeon's words, she understands him, but how? 'Many people say this if they've actually lost someone of theirs... did she perhaps lose someone?', he thought.

"Soo Yeon, lets go! Someone robbed the bank again!", yelled Kris from afar. Soo Yeon let go of the file out of reflex and grabbed her rolled up sleeves dark green jacket from the chair.

"Sorry, emergency. I'll be back in a bout an hour or two.", said Soo Yeon hurriedly at Ho Seok who just nodded absentmindedly and Soo Yeon rushed out of the building.

 Soo Yeon plopped herself in the passenger seat and wore her seat belt in a flash. She switched the siren on and laced her shoes properly, as they went tangled while rushing to the car seconds ago. Kris hopped into the car and accidentally pressed the button of the siren making it turn off. Soo Yeon made a face at Kris and pressed the button again, turning it on. Kris smiled sheepishly at the cursing Soon Yeon and went on the road, towards the whereabouts of the robber.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter