Chapter 6: Opening Up

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both of them got off their seats in a jolt and Ho Seok slammed the W 100000 on the desk and ran out with Soo Yeon.

"Do you have your gun?" Soo Yeon asked while in hot pursuit.

"Yeah," Ho Seok patted his chest. He looked at the running Soo Yeon and was awed. It was so amazing that she could actually run fast in a 3-inch heel.

"It's somewhere around here isn't it?" Soo Yeon said and Ho Seok nodded. Soo Yeon took out handcuffs and her gun from her purse and she scanned the area intently. She was hoping to see a silhouette of someone in a mask, wearing all black and running. "There!" she loudly said and ran after the man in black, Ho Seok followed suit.

Soo Yeon was more than confused. The man in black attire had gone through all sorts of alleys and ways that she lost him. She cursed under her breath and caught back her breath. 'You'll find him soon, tall height, black attire, gloves and army boots.' she thought. 'But why does he seem so, so familiar?' her brows creased.

"You okay? We're gonna find him, soon." Ho Seok said and Soo Yeon could only smile the both of their walkie-talkie's transmitted the same message.

"We'll be there." Soo Yeon replied and both of them went to the outskirts of Gangnam by taxi. And while in the taxi, Soo Yeon was still so very suspicious of the man and Ho Seok was worried, he didn't enjoy seeing Soo Yeon in such a state.

When they got to the location, it was very easy to spot where they were, the police officers and detectives since the police yellow tape was already out and visible. Many people had shocked looks on their faces and Soo Yeon wondered why. 'It can't be a murder can it?' she though. Ho Seok paid for the taxi and they went out to the grounds, it was a grassy, large area. Before they could go pass the yellow line, both of them had to show their police badgers, the action was new for Ho Seok.

"Oh gosh," Soo Yeon muttered in English, there was a woman laid dead on the ground. "How and when did it happen?"

"It was the man you chased. He did this but he was too quick for is, told you to but yeah, he was very quick." Taec Yeon replied, Ho Seok sighed, feeling disappointed in himself.

"Oh... I'm..." her eyes widened when she saw something by the deceased woman. She started to walk towards her with uneasy steps, Soo Yeon in her breath. "Oh my God, oh my God, no, no, no, no, this is not happening, this, is not happening." she muttered and she felt like she could faint right at that spot but she was conscious enough to hold her composure. Soo Yeon turned away and walked to the Head Chief with trembling, heavy and wobbly steps and she grasped his arms with her hands. "Dad," Head Chief was her step-father. "It's him, he's back," Soo Yeon wasn't breathing properly, she couldn't. She took a deep breath and Head Chief looked at his daughter with brows furrowed. "I saw his mark, on the woman's arm." her words were also trembling, Soo Yeon had tears at the edge of her eyes, ready to fall down her cheeks. "D-dad, why, why did he come back?! It's been three years, three freaking years! And he suddenly comes! I will not accept this!" And she broke into impressive tears, her step-father consoled her by wrapping his arms around his daughter. Everyone looked at them with sympathetic looks, Ho Seok was once again worried for her, he wondered worriedly why the girl had broken into tears. Soo Yeon pulled away from her father. "Can someone contact Jungkook for me?" she said through the tears,

Jungkook came and he grew worried in an instant once he saw how Soo Yeon looked like. He ran to her with eyebrows extremely furrowed, a phone in his hand.

"What happened?!" his voice was full of concern. "Soo Yeon, tell me, are you okay?" he grabbed her shoulders.

"I-I'm not okay," she sobbed. "Jungkook, he's back, that man is back! What can I do, why did he come back? He murdered this woman, his mark is there, I clearly remember his mark." Soo Yeon's face was full of tears.

"No, no, you don't mean him, right?" Jungkook said, Soo Yeon didn't say anything and Jungkook bravely engulfed Soo Yeon in his arms as a brother. Soo Yeon could only sob on his shoulder.

"Yunho Oppa..." Soo Yeon muttered between her cries." Yunho Oppa... what can I do?"

"Don't... don't do that." Jungkook hugged her more tightly. "Soo Jung, what about her?" Soo Yeon just wrapped her arms around Jungkook. "Jessica, open the case once more. I won't tell her, until we get that man." Jungkook said in English, Soo Yeon buried her face in the crook of his neck while Ho Seok could only watch the two unrelated siblings.

"Why not?" Soo Yeon questioned.

"You know how sensitive she is with him. In fact, I won't even tell her what happened today."

"Okay, I'll open it but I need your help Jungkook." Jungkook hummed in agreement. Soo Yeon parted away from him and she looked at her father, her face forlorn looking. "Dad, can I open this case once more?" everyone seemed surprised and bewildered.

"For people's safety, yes, you can. Are you sure you don't want to tell Soo Jung?" Soo Yeon nodded. "Case 310 opened."

-

The morning was busy, everyone was working on cases. Kris came back and he was informed about Case 310 being opened once again. He heard about what happened but he didn't know that an old case was going to be opened again just because of one murder.

"Soo Yeon, are you sure about this?" Kris asked Soo Yeon who was busily going through folders.

"I'm sure," she replied solemnly without taking a glance at Kris. "I am positive that it's the man." she lifted her head and stiffly looked at Kris. "Jungkook will soon be here, can you help him out?"

"Sure," he nonchalantly said and went away. Ho Seok was on the opposite side of Soo Yeon and he easily noticed how Soo Yeon mood went straight to gloom. 'Who's Yunho though?' he thought. Soo Yeon's eyes were still red from crying the other night. 'How did she get away from her sister with those eyes?' he kept thinking.

Soo Yeon could feel eyes looking at her and she caught Ho Seok looking at her, he quickly looked away. Soo Yeon managed a scoff. Soo Yeon settled her stuff before going to Ho Seok's desk while he was reading through old cases.

"Ho Seok, come with me. I have some stuff I need to tell you." Ho Seok looked up at Soo Yeon and stood up. She looped her arm through Ho Seok's and they went out from the station with Ho Seok looking at their linked arms. Soo Yeon didn't say anything after a few minutes of silent walking.

"What are you gonna tell me?" Ho Seok questioned.

"About Case 310. It's one of the cases which failed to succeed. My father; Head Chief, was the lead for that case four years ago, I was still studying but I was always with him when he was working on that case." Soo Yeon replied.

"Why does the case seem so important?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter