Chapter 3: Worried J-Hope

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie... you should say sorry to Jungkook Oppa.", Soo Jung said with a sulky face and Soo Yeon returned her sister with a disapproving look and shaking her head.

"He deserves it.", she spat like a kid.

"But still...", Soo Jung's words trailed off. Soo Yeon was about to reply back but Jungkook beat her to it.

"Don't argue, its my fault, okay.", he huffed. "I was the one who started it by writing it in the first place.", he looked at Soo Jung with sincerity in his eyes. Ho Seok on the other hand was simply blank as he watched the Jeon siblings converse, he didn't even know who Soo Jung was.

"Fine.", Soo Jung flatly said. "But Unnie," she started with a whisper. "Who's that guy over there? Is he a criminal?", she asked.

"Ah... him.", Soo Yeon faced Ho Seok which made him go back to his real senses. "Ho Seok. Jung Ho Seok. My new partner in guns, which makes me unable to quit.", replied Soo Yeon, Soo Jung nodded. "And Soo Jung here, is my little sister.", Soo Yeon said to Ho Seok.

"Ah, yes. Hello. Uh.. nice to meet you.", Ho Seok awkwardly said, he was very awkward when it comes to new people. Soo Jung smiled curtly and bowed her head slightly.

"You two can go now. I'm coming home tonight by the way.", Soo Yeon shooed Soo Jung and Jungkook away and they obediently went out.

"Sorry to ask, but, are you perhaps J.J.J? The writer?", Ho Seok asked Soo Yeon out of the blue and she grinned cheekily.

"You figured it out!", Soo Yeon replied. "Andddd, please don't be formal with me, its kinda a burden, but how did you know so quickly? My previous partner couldn't figure it out till 3 months later but here you are, figured it out on the first day.", Soo Yeon chuckled. Ho Seok smiled slightly.

"My cousin is a fan of yours. She has all of your books. She always talks about them and you."

"Whats her name?", Soo Yeon took out a paper and pen.

"Kim Sae Ron.", Soo Yeon was about to write but stopped. 'Kim Sae Ron? That sounds familiar.. ah! Tae Hyung's little sister. Must be a different person though.', she though. Soo Yeon dish-dashed her signature and a comment before giving it to Ho Seok. "My present for her. But it would be great to meet her in person!", Soo Yeon exclaimed with a smile. 'Sae Ron is a fan as well though', "Now, enough with that. I want to see your shooting skills. Just in case you have to shoot someone but its unlikely to happen.", Soo Yeon opened her drawer and took two guns out, giving one to Ho Seok and her self. "You'll have your own gun soon.", she grinned.

"Ah...yes.", Ho Seok put the peice of paper in his bag before changing his clothes.

-

Ho Seok came out of the bathroom looking neat and clean in the police uniform except no badges yet, it was very empty on his blue jacket. He held the gun is his hand and smiled triumphantly. 'I'm a police officer mum.', he thought. 'Just what I wanted!'

"Ho Seok! Hurry up! Please don't tell me you're looking at you self in the mirror smiling!", yelled Soo Yeon and that was what he was exactly doing. Ho Seok's eyes widened and he scurried off to where Soo Yeon was. "Aigoo... guys these days.", Soo Yeon clicked her tongue in disagreement but later smiled as she saw Ho Seok rushing towards her. "You look good in the uniform and stuff but no need to wear it during training. Sorry for the inconvenience.", she smiled apologetically. Ho Seok's eyes widened again and he turned around to change back to his normal clothes of jean and a t-shirt. Soo Yeon watched him go with a smile. 'That happened to Cheondung as well. Wonder if he's doing well these days..', Soo Yeon thought., Cheondung or Sung Hyun was Soo Yeon's previous and first partner. He was a funny guy, a year older than Soo Yeon. She went back to her senses as she saw Ho Seok walking back at her.

"Will this do?", Ho Seok asked. Soo Yeon nodded and smiled.

"This'll do.", she pat both of his shoulders with both her palms firmly making him slightly flinch. "You seem so fragile Ho Seok.", Soo Yeon half-teased. "You're going to need to work out.", Soo Yeon turned to walk. "Follow me.", Ho Seok abruptly started walking. 'I can't believe a writer is a police officer. Do people even know!?', he thought, bewildered.

-

Soo Yeon parked the car and hopped out as Ho Seok followed suit.

"Where are we Sunbaenim?", Soo Yeon gave him a glare. "Uh, sorry, where are we Soo Yeon-sshi?", she made a face. Ho Seok's eyebrows furrowed. "Ah! Where are we Soo Yeon?", at this she smiled. Ho Seok heaved a sigh of relief.

"We are at the drill and practice ground.", she said and faced the big building. It was a mixed colour of grey and black splashed around the building. "Lets go.", Soo Yeon locked the car door and stepped into the grounds.

Soo Yeon watched as Ho Seok got into position to shoot. She clicked her tongue. 'Wrong move.', Soo Yeon stood up and went close behind Ho Seok.

"Relax your shoulders a bit and make sure that your right arm is slightly bent and your left arm still and straight, legs a bit wider and your body should be slightly sideways.", she spoke and Ho Seok did exactly what Soo Yeon said. Ho Seok lifted his arms and held the gun firmly in his grasp. "That's better but..", her words turned to actions. Soo Yeon went behind Ho Seok and she placed her hands on top of his, lifting it up a bit. Ho Seok was slightly taken aback by her actions. His body went stiff and tensed, his heart accelerated at a faster pace. "It should be like this.", he went back to his senses as Soo Yeon backed away from Ho Seok to sit down again. ''Now shoot.", with that he managed to get a straight bulls eye. Soo Yeon grinned. 'When was the last time it beat-ed like that? It was when I saw her...', Ho Seok thought and stared Soo Yeon.

-

"You did well today. Your shooting skills needs to be developed, don't put too much worry on that though. Your stamina and strength is great.", Ho Seok remembered when Soo Yeon told him to carry her, he suppressed a smile. "And your fighting skills are good but don't worry, also, try to work out more.", Soo Yeon added as she walked into the Gangnam police station with Ho Seok tailing behind her.

"Yes, I will work hard to do my best.", Ho Seok replied and was about to bow but Soo Yeon beat him to it by placed her index finger on his forehead.

"You're two months older than me, no need to bow.", she smiled and went to her desk. "Wait, Ho Seok, come here for a minute.", Soo Yeon called as she opened the camera app. Ho Seok put down his backpack on the chair first before going over to Soo Yeon with a questioning face.

"Soo Yeon's phone will be filled with pictures of Ho Seok and her now. Cheondung's pictures are already in her laptop, Tae Hyung's photos are still in the phone.", mumbled Bora to Kris as the two watched Ho Seok's going to Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon stood close to Ho Seok and locked her right arm around his neck. "Why are you so tall.", she muttered and pulled Ho Seok's face closer to hers, cheek to cheek. She held the phone above their faces and smiled, Ho Seok unconsciously smiled. She did a light tap on the camera button and the photo was captured. Ho Seok was befuddled. Soo Yeon unlocked her arm from Ho Seok's neck and smiled. She looked at the picture and showed it to him. Ho Seok blushed.

"Its a nice picture right?", Soo Yeon asked. Ho Seok just nodded. "Thank you. You can go now.", she bowed her head politely in a joking manner with a wide smile. Ho Seok's lips twitched as he went away.

"Ho Seok-ah, come here.", Bora gestured with two fingers for Ho Seok to come. He looked at Bora and obediently obeyed her orders. "There's something you need to know about Soo Yeon.", she whispered and kept her head close with Ho Seok's "Every time you do something with Soo Yeon, she'll ask you to take a picture with you. Be aware, its not a warning though.", Bora chuckled. "Just a note. She did this with her previous partner as well by the way, so don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter