Chapter 9: The Past, Problems, and Weird Idea

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'It can't be right....? She can't be her.... but they have the exact same name! The eyes all all too the same! It can't be, it's just pure coincidence,' Ho Seok thought, feeling confused and shocked, in disbelief. No, he simply couldn't believe it. Soo Yeon couldn't be the girl he first fell for in middle school, he was trying to deny it but his mind and heart was telling him otherwise. Ho Seok went to his room and slumped down on his bed with a big sigh. 'Soo Yeon can't be her... she would look different now, Soo Yeon can't be her... but they did say that she had changed her surname...' they as in his school mates from middle school he still got in contact with up until then. 'Even Soo Yeon had changed her surname. Aish! Why didn't I remember her name?!' he was mentally screaming in his head. Then after remembering some things, Ho Seok jumped out of bed and went to his closet . Opening the doors, he searched through the bottom of the closet for a box that kept his middle school memories. Finding it, he took the box out and got back to his bed. Ho Seok opened it and rummaged through the things in the box, he was creating a lot of ruckus as there were many things in the box, old and rusted out stuff but he still cherished them. The box wasn't big, the size of an A4 paper box, he dug through deeper until he found the class photo he was looking for.

His eyes searched through the class photo's list of names until he found the name Jung Soo Yeon in the middle of the third row of names. Above the names, was the class photo. His eyes then travelled to the photo above and his eyes kept still at the girl who's name was Jung Soo Yeon. 'That's her, her name was Jung Soo Yeon then she had it changed to something else. That's what happened to Soo Yeon as well, her real surname was actually Jung, then changed to Jeon...' he thought. 'But this can't be her,' he grabbed his face and shook it violently. 'How can it be... I have to ask her, but when? Everyone is so busy with the case...' he fell back on his bed and let out a frustrated sigh. 'It's just pure coincidence,' but his heart was saying otherwise.

-

"You must have been out of your mind yesterday, Soo Jung, I'm sure you remember, right?" Soo Yeon stressed on her sister as she sipped on her water, sitting opposite of her was Soo Jung, with an expression between sober and sleepy. "Drink that," Soo Yeon pushed the glass of Chinese tea towards Soo Jung.

Soo Jung took a sip of the tea. "I remember," she muttered.

"That's right, you were really out of your mind. Did you like him that much?" Soo Yeon frowned. "I knew that there was something wrong with him the first time I saw him,"

"Sorry," Soo Jung mumbled.

"Don't sorry me Krystal, say sorry to yourself," Soo Yeon hastily tied her hair into a ponytail and ate a cookie.

"What's the noise in the morning for?" Jungkook complained as he got downstairs in just a pair of shorts. He looked at Soo Yeon and frowned.

"Don't look at me! Look at her!" Soo Yeon pointed at Soo Jung with her lips jutted out. "She's rotten already,"

"Why? Did you drink yesterday?" Jungkook guessed and took Lazy Prince off the floor and onto the table in front of him.

"What do you think, she broke up with that jock last night, of course she drunk," Soo Yeon said. "And no! Do not give him a cookie!" she warned Jungkook loudly. "He's had too much of them last night,"

Soo Jung sniffed and looked at Soo Yeon miserably. "Unnie, what do I do?" she asked.

"You tat Starbucks coffee near the station?" Soo Yeon said, the youngest sibling nodded her head. "Be there by ten am today, someone familiar will be waiting for you there, you him, it's a date, a blind one for you, but he knows that it's you,"

"Date?!" Soo Jung exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell me?" Soo Yeon was always the surprising type, more likely late type though in front of her siblings and friends.

"I'm telling you now, aren't I?" Soo Yeon said. "I'm going now, and be there Soo Jung, can you please go and take a shower Jungkook before giving Lazy Prince a walk? And don't you have that charity work you're supposed to do this summer?" Soo Yeon arched a brow at him. "Go," she waved a hand at him sloppily.

"Sis, take care," Soo Jung told Soo Yeon before she went upstairs. Soo Jung always told Soo Yeon that before the else sister goes to work, every single day and she's never missed a day. Soo Jung worries over her whole family and especially Soo Yeon because her sister was a very active police officer, much more than her step-father. Soo Jung gets scared when Soo Yeon comes home late but she doesn't talk about, Soo Yeon already knows about Soo Jung's worry over her, so does Jungkook, but they never talk about it, they try their best to not talk about dangers and try their best to talk about positive things, happy subjects that is, and very particularly for Soo Jung, she has gone through so much grief in her life. From losing her brother to her dad and losing her first ever boyfriend, she was a very sensitive girl and it takes time for her to get over such sorrow subjects.

Soo Yeon was reading files about the Man in Black over and over again, very angry over the thought that they had not one speck of his trace, it was so impossible. She stretched her arms and looked around the office, everyone was there except for Sehun, who had already gone to Starbucks to meet up with Soo Jung and Soo Yeon realized how restless Ho Seok looked who was sitting opposite of her.

"Ho Seok, are you alright?" she asked him with a concerned look.

Ho Seok breathed out and smiled dryly. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good," he told her unsteadily.

Soo Yeon frowned at him. "Something's bothering you, Ho Seok, it's written all over your face, want to talk about it?"

Ho Seok scratched his head. "I don't know..." he said before tentatively taking out the class picture he brought along with him and he quickly slid it to Soo Yeon's desk. "Do you find yourself there?" Ho Seok said. "Because I think I do,"

Soo Yeon looked at him weirdly before turning to the picture. Her eyes scanned the picture and she stopped dead when she saw her young self in the second row. "Where did you get this?" Soo Yeon remembered that she herself had one as well but it was stored somewhere lost in her room.

Ho Seok looked at her before pointing at a specific person on the third row. "That's me," Ho Seok said, Soo Yeon looked closely at the pointed person and her eyes widened.

"It can't be...." Soo Yeon muttered and looked up slowly at Ho Seok, her eyes meeting his. 'Jung Ho Seok was my first crush?!' Soo Yeon thought wildly. "No way,"

"And you're the girl I had a crush on in middle school," Ho Seok said, a small blush forming on his cheeks.

Soo Yeon let out a laugh. "Wow, I don't know what to say," she looked at him in utter shock. "It's like.... wow, you don't looked the same as before you know,"

"Neither do you,"

"Do you still like me?" Soo Yeon boldly asked, her heart thumping.

"The thing is, I'm not sure," Ho Seok said that made Soo Yeon go quiet and looked at him with big and blank eyes. 'What's that supposed to mean?' Soo Yeon thought, slowly looking away.

-

"Kevin!" Soo Yeon screamed to the phone quietly, was that even possible? Well, that was. Soo Yeon was at the door step to Kevin's flat house and she was so ticked off that he didn't open the door after she knocked for so many times, even his flatmate, known as Gentlemen Joshua didn't, both of them were most likely sleeping on a hot summer's day with the air conditioner on cold full blast, make sense right? "Open the freakin' door! I'm right outside the door!" Soo Yeon angrily said to the phone.

"Oh, God, I'm so sorry!" Kevin said from inside the house, Soo Yeon rolled her eyes and a few seconds late, Joshua or Jisoo, opened the door.

Soo Yeon immediately smiled sympathetically at him. "Did Kevin tell you to?" she asked him, feeling a bit sorry, Joshua nodded. Joshua was only wearing his boxers and his hair was a mess, he didn't seem to be the Gentlemen Joshua but Soo Yeon was used to seeing sleepy Joshua, mostly all types of Joshua, including hard work. "Sorry,"

"It's okay, Soo Yeon," Joshua replied, he was the same age as Soo Yeon and Kevin.

"Can I come in?" Joshua lazily motioned his hand for Soo Yeon to come in. "You can continue our name now,"

"Nah, I actually have to go back to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter