Chapter 5: On The Run

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ho Seok and Soo Yeon along with one junior was in hot pursuit, running wildly through the big main road. The cars all were stopped as it was a red light and Soo Yeon prayed to God that it would stay like so for the time being. The trio were on a run of a thug member. The other thugs were already caught by the other cops and the one they're chasing is the thug leader. This was the first time for Ho Seok on a hot pursuit. He was following behind Soo Yeon who ran rapidly fast and he barely caught up. The junior was far behind but was in sight.

Soo Yeon was breathing heavily as she stopped running at a 4-way junction. She lost track of the thug, but she was sure he went left, she she went left with her gun in hand ready to shoot. She walked slowly and her eyes roamed the big roads. Just as she caught the guy, he beat her to it by grabbing her gun and putting her in a headlock, quite tightly. The man was very beefy and firm, his fat arms around Soo Yeon's slim neck wasn't a good choice. The man whispered threatening words to her and she winced in pain as the guy pressed the tip of the gun harder onto her temple. Soo Yeon was scared to death, she prayed that Ho Seok or the rookie would be there soon. Her knees buckled and she was trembling in fear, the man tightened his grip around her neck, but then she felt the man's grip loosen around her neck, and there was no arm anymore. The gun was dropped and Soo Yeon picked it up fervently.

Soo Yeon looked up and saw that Ho Seok was handcuffing the thug already, the junior whose name was Oh Sehun, was breathing heavily and had his hands on his knees. Soo Yeon walked over to Sehun and patted his back firmly and said "You've worked hard today.", and he returned it with a curt smile. Soo Yeon took her walkie-talkie out and informed Bora where they were and telling her to pick the thug leader up. When the thug leader and Sehun was in the van and drove off, Soo Yeon heaved a sigh and header over to Ho Seok. She put a hand on his back  and patted it a few times.

"You saved my life and you did awesome back there. I didn't even realize you were there already, it was so quiet." she smiled weakly at him. "Thank you so much." she gave him an unexpected loose hug and he returned the loose hug as well, patting Soo Yeon's back.

-

Soo Yeon came out of the bathroom after a quick shower and slipped on her denim overalls, in which the legs part went to the mid of her thighs, she wore a black singlet under. She slipped her Nike trainers on before tying her hair in a ponytail and heading back outside. All the running had made her sweat buckets, so it was very necessary to clean up. Soo Yeon had a feeling that that day was going to have a lot of running work to do.

Soo Yeon sat down and opened a fat thick book about police studies. She flipped all the way to the end of the book and stopped at a topic called "Running", simple as that. She read the first page briskly before turning to a particular page which had a big sized heading saying "In Hot Pursuit". She read the whole topic through before shutting the book with a loud thud. People around her flinched and she muttered quick sorry's, especially to those who were talking to the police officers, having a talk.

Ho Seok came out of the room in neat and clean denim shorts with a plain t-shirt on. 'Great! Feels like I have to shower for dozens of times today.' Ho Seok thought as a walkie-talkie alarmed him and Soo Yeon along with Taecyeon, Bora and the juniors who were on the previous pursuit.

"Over.", the walkie-talkie ended. "Apgujung! Must be crazy!", Soo Yeon muttered as she grabbed her gun and walkie-talkie with handcuffs on her back pocket. "Ho Seok, come with me. The others will go by van. We need to catch up with the criminal." Soo Yeon said quickly to Ho Seok and they got into Soo Yeon's mini cooper in which she hung the siren on the roof. Though, just as Soo Yeon was about to go, the back door was opened and came in Oh Sehun, panting heavily. Both Soo Yeon and Ho Seok looked at him, bewildered but just shrugged it off and went on with the drive. 'Did I do something?', Sehun though, puzzled. Blink, blink, blink, he did before quickly buckling his seatbelt and throwing a gun to Ho Seok, who caught it back hastily.

"You forgot that." Sehun said to Ho Seok. 'Well I am forgetful.' Ho Seok though curtly. Soo Yeon looked over at Sehun before she zoomed off to Apgujung in full speed.

Soo Yeon was going through the streets totally over the speed limit, even though cops do drive fast during hot pursuits, Soo Yeon went way more, up to 260 km/h. Ho Seok was amazed yet a bit scared at Soo Yeon's driving, Sehun was somewhat okay with it, probably because Kris drove very fast just like Soo Yeon, Sehun was going to someday drive like them as well in the future, same goes to  Ho Seok. The perks being a policeman.

Glad that Apgujung was partly close with Gangnam, they arrived way earlier than the one's in the van. Soo Yeon parked the car somewhere who knows, and got out of the vehicle quickly, the two young men followed along.

"There's two of them, wearing all black and has short chinese-like moustaches. They're somewhere around here. We need to separate, the others will arrive soon. And watch out." Soo Yeon finished and she zoomed off. Sehun and Ho Seok went off running as well.

Soo Yeon looked thoroughly but quickly along the alleys but caught no sign of men in black rather, she caught sight of the other one's that rode in the can, it was Seulong. He wasn't a good runner, but had great eyesight.

"Ho Seok, do you hear me?" Soo Yeon said through the walkie-talkie and she was glad that she got a reply.

"Perfectly." Ho Seok had replied. "You found any?"

"I saw one silhouette, but lost it." she replied and went off but Ho Seok didn't go off yet.

"I think I found one of them!" he exclaimed then went off, Soo Yeon gasped and a wide grin stretched from her face. 'What a great guy!' Beads of sweat trickled all over Soo Yeon's face down to her neck. She continued searching until her walkie-talkie announced that  the second criminal was found. Soo Yeon stopped on her tracks and bent down, her hands on her knees, panting heavily.

"Oh my god." she breathed in English. The sound of running steps were head and So Yeon quickly looked who it was, she saw Wang Jackson and she screamed his name. "Jackson!" Jackson looked to his left and saw Soo Yeon down the alley, she was motioning him to come, Jackson did and he pocketed his gun in its socket on his belt. "I'm so tired, and I'm a girl, so can you please piggyback me?" she pleaded him.

"You serious?" he had a look of disbelief and she nodded. Jackson crouched down and Soo Yeon planted a thank you kiss on top of his head with a grin before going on his back."Our Soo Yeon is usually not like this." Jackson stated as he walked.

"Thank you Jackson! I owe you!"

"Of course you do." Jackson replied, rolling his eyes. Jackson with Soo Yeon on his back walked out of the long alley and went to where the others would meet up.

Jackson huffed out as he put Soo Yeon off his shoulders, Soo Yeon gave him a grateful pat on the back with a wink. She looked around and as she spotted Ho Seok, she quickly jogged to him and flung her arms around him with a surprise. Ho Seok was of course shocked, but he still hugged the girl back.

"You okay?" Soo Yeon asked.

"Yeah, just a bit tired, how about you?"

"Perfectly fine, Jackson was strong enough to give me a ride on his back." Soo Yeon gave a quick tight hug before letting go and smiling at him." What happened to the bad guys?"

"Seulong Hyung caught the other one, they're both in the van." Ho Seok replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter