Chapter 7: Busy, Busy and The Longing Beach

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you know what's his mental problem is?" Soo Yeon asked the psychologist in front of her. "Our psychologist says that his brain just doesn't function properly, he thinks abnormal and crazy stuff, is that correct? And he thinks that if he kills businesspeople, he will get their wealth." Lee Jin Ah didn't say anything after a few seconds of shuffling, she was observing Soo Yeon.

"Someone close to you was one his victims, am I correct?" Lee Jin Ah guessed slyly, Soo Yeon's breath hitched and he eyes turned all glassy but she shed no tears.

"My brother," she said, choking halfway.

"I thought so, I'm sorry. Okay, what you psychologist said is definitely correct. His brain has particularly targeted businesspeople, why? There are a few causes. The first is probably because he is a poor man but is somewhat oddly skilled at killing, second could be depression over something that happened to him in the past, which includes topics such as family," explained Jin Ah. "This man is very, very dangerous for the society to have, especially who are businesspeople. This is all I know Officer. If I had more information on his past and many more things, then I would know better, but one thing is for sure: He is a psychotic and dangerous person." Jin Ah ended her explanation professionally. "His attention is only on Businesspeople, I think it's best to be well aware of that." she added and Soo Yeon and Ho Seok knew it was their cue to leave, so they stood up and thanked the doctor before going.

-

Soo Yeon impulsively and repeatedly threw gunshots at the target board ahead of her. She was fuming in the inside, throwing her anger feelings in the gunshots. It was another hot summer afternoon, Soo Yeon needed a break. She stopped shooting and tore off the protective goggles and gloves from her face and hands. 'I gotta see Kevin,' she thought and she did meet her friend.

-

"Do you have any businesspeople friends Kev?" Soo Yeon asked Kevin, they had agreed to meet up at Kevin's office, his editing office, drinking iced tea.

Kevin arched a brow." No, not at all, why?" he asked, concerned. "Did something happen?"

"Yeah, Case 310 is opened again. By me." Soo Yeon replied casually.

"What?! He came back?" shrieked Kevin, Soo Yeon could only nod. "Why isn't there any news on TV?"

"I'm not gonna let Krystal know," she replied in English. "She's very, very sensitive over this topic. We can't even talk about Yunho Oppa at home, let alone say his name. We never have until he passed away." Soo Yeon gulped, she wasn't going to weep.

"So, this is like a secret case you're doing with the others?"

"Mmhmm, once we catch him, he's getting a death sentence, he'll be gone once and for all." Soo Yeon said coldly, switching back to Korean. "It's been too long and Jungkook's taking part of it."

"You've never had any witnesses have you?" Soo Yeon shook her head. "I see... you're gonna put a lot of focus on this case aren't you, more than your father did."

"I have to... this will be his last straw and I don't think I'll be doing anything for this year's Summer, it's only the case, I'll probably have my winter holiday extended." Soo Yeon smirked. "...ah! Kevin," Kevin looked up, every time Soo Yeon would call him like that, her tone with slight anxiety and excitement, he knew that she was going to tell him some new news. "I think I like him." she fiddled with her plastic sup, Kevin scoffed.

"I knew it," he commented with a sly grin, Soo Yeon reddened.

-

He grabbed a piece of paper with a picture on it and marked a big "X" with a blood red market on the picture with a sadistic and malevolent smile. 'I'm winning this game,' he thought maliciously. 'I'll surely get the money if this keeps on going. Five more to go.'

-

"Taecyeon, I want you to list down all the people he's killed starting from the beginning," Soo Yeon said, the Commanding Ice Princess mode was on, not only did she do it to Jungkook, she would do it to others if necessary. "With their ages," she added. "Yifan, I need you to list down the business categories from all the people he's murdered and I want you to take note down people who are in those categories present right now." Soo Yeon directed to Kris.

"All of them?!" mused Taecyeon and Kris with wide eyes.

"All of them," Soo Yeon said resolutely and she faced Bora. "We don't have any footsteps of him do we? And he only uses black hairtie's, give the brand of the hairtie for me," whenever Soo Yeon would work on a serious case, her eyebrows would furrow.

"He uses a few different hairtie's until now," announced Bora. "All of them are brought from unknown markets, and by the quality of the hairtie, it's most likely he made the hairtie's himself." Bora continued.

"That's killer," muttered Soo Yeon frustratingly with an obvious scoff. "The hairtie's are not recognized in public is it?" Bora shook her head and Soo Yeon turned away before looking at Ho Seok. "Let's go see the autopsy of the latest body, I need information." And with that said, Ho Seok and Soo Yeon went to the medical examiner lab, but she added one more task for Bora. "Bora, list down all the types of weaponry, the ones we predicted, that he used. It should be settled once I get back." Soo Yeon turned to Ho Seok. "You haven't been talking to me lately apart from tailing behind me," Soo Yeon grinned confusedly towards the male simultaneously walking deeper into the building.

"I don't know what to say...?" it came out as a question from Ho Seok's mouth. "You're really busy due to this case, everyone is, even Tae Hyung isn't available." Ho Seok saw Soo Yeon twitch when he said Tae Hyung's name, it was a bad idea to say his name. They went down a series of stairs, then he remembered something, the question was a slight burden weighing heavily on his chest. "You know... the other day when you told me that I was wanted to ask you a question?" Soo Yeon nodded. "I...uh, lied to you, I... I do remember," he uneasily announced, Soo Yeon smiled in triumph.

"I know," she said casually, Ho Seok's eyes widened, feeling a bit dumbfounded. "You just weren't ready at that time to ask, why don't you tell me no? Is it about Tae Hyung?" Ho Seok nodded slowly. "Don't worry, I don't mind you asking anything about my past with him." Ho Seok took a deep breath.

"Well, I want you to know is that we're not actually blood related, his mother married a second with to a divorced man."

"Really?" Soo Yeon gasped, 'That was unexpected, why didn't he say anything?!' she thought, a bit angry at Tae Hyung.

"Yeah, so the question is, I'm just curious, that's all, uh.. why and how did you guy's break up?" Soo Yeon let out a breath with a smile that showed a tinge of sadness but it faded away quickly; they made a left.

"Well, it just a day before he had to go to America. We both didn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter