Chapter 1: Almost Quitting

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hands up, stay still! Don't move!", Soo Yeon half shouted as she took big strides to go behind the criminal, the gun in sight. She took the handcuffs that was dangling from her pants and cuffed the criminals hands. 'I'm so tired of doing this.', Soo Yeon thought as she walked the criminal to the Chevrolet Police Car. She seated the criminal into the back seat of the car and handed his cuffed hands to another police officer and friend; Kris or some call him Wu Fan, which she hardly hears. "Take big care with him, a rough one we got here.", Soo Yeon told Kris and went into the drivers seat. 'Ths car has been so old.', she thought once again, gripping onto the stirring wheel. 'I seriously want to quit this job. Wonder if father allows me to though.'

At the back, the criminal has calmed down a bit. Kris on the left was holding onto his forearm with a fine grip. The car was going above the speed limit; obviously, they had to get the criminal into the interview room the to his cell. 'Does Soo Yeon really want to quit. It can't be, Chief-Nim won't let her, she's the best out of most of us.', he thought. Soo Yeon once told Kris that she had plans of quitting but Kris just thought that it was a simple joke. 

Wondering what the criminal was assaulted for, well he was being assaulted for robbery, he was caught on camera and was on TV for a few times but was never being captured, but finally on this day, the 10th of March,2014 11:57 PM, he was caught. No need to bring him to court, they just have to keep him in a cell for 5 years.

Soo Yeon parked the car and hopped out, then helping Kris with the robber. She held onto his forearm loosely ad walked into the building. The building that they went to was the one where the criminals were locked up and where the little talks with the criminals were held, the Jail, but it was a medical jail. Soo Yeon's hands were already by her sides, swinging back and forth as she walked. There was no use to hold the criminal anymore when they're in the building, the only thing to do is hold their cuffed hands, which currently, Kris is doing. 

Soo Yeon handed the papers that writes about all the criminals doing's as well as their personal information. The two guards and police saluted at Soo Yeon before putting the criminal inside the holding cell,  the cell where you put the criminal in before they do the real thing. Soo Yeon gave a slight nod and a curt smile to then the headed back to the car park with Kris beside her.

As they arrived at the car, Soo Yeon was about to open the door but Kris beat her to it by saying a quiet "I'll drive.", to her and Soo Yeon obliged by saying a 'thank you' and a soft smile. After Soo Yeon buckled her seat belt, she immediately got into a comfortable position, by taking her black Nike shoes off and bringing her legs to her chest and shut her eyelids. She need to take a rest alright. Earlier that morning, she had to drive to the other side of town and inspect a dead body. She went all the way to the Forensic National Hospital, to do that.

"Stop looking at me.", Soo Yeon half snapped at Kris with closed eyes; who stopped the car at the traffic light. Kris flinched and looked away. 'Should  I ask her?', he thought.

"Soo Yeon?", Soo Yeon replied with a gentle 'Hmm?'. Kris breathed in and out. "Are you really gonna quit? Like for real?"

"I have no clue. I don't know.", Soo Yeon answered, her voice filled with tiredness. Kris realized the tiredness in her voice and nodded, not wanting to ask more. Well, he had a few other questions to ask but let them aside. ''I'll ask her later.'

'Should I quit or not? Will father let me? Will Jungkook be disappointed or sad? What about Soo Jung? Well, she has nothing to do with this. Kris seriously doesn't want me to quit. Yong Hwa Sunbaenim won't like it. Mum will most likely be sad if I do that. What should I do?! Urgh! I'm tired of this job yet I still want to continue this job.', Soo Yeon thought. She was so confused whether to quit or not. She's tired of the job but she loves the job and wants to continue. She doesn't know what to do. If she quits, she'll have more time on writing her novels and she'll have more time for Forensic.

Wondering why she's doing Forensic? Soo Yeon firstly took a really huge liking to both forensic and the police department. She was so mixed up with the two subjects. She was around 23 years old at that time, the love of her life was still with her.  After she graduated from university, she finally made up her mind, which was to do both of the careers! So she did the police exam as well as the forensic exam and she passed, but on one condition; she was going to spend more time in the police station and less time at the Forensic Hospital. What she didn't know was that, the head chief of the the police station in Gangnam was someone she knew very well and someone she was slightly scared of, his appearance was slightly intimidating. Anyways, back to the topic, she did both the jobs greatly. But in the middle she got kind of tired being a police officer, that is why she has plans of quitting.

And being a writer, she unconsciously started writing, simple as that. Her grammar and imagination was and still is awesome, Soo Yeon was the best at it during her high school and university years. Not long after that she published her first book, which was titled, "Falling in Love is something you can't escape." The book became a big hit among teenage readers. Sometimes she was caught on camera. People don't recognize her when she's a police though, the clothes she wears covers it all up.

Kris turned the engine off and looked at Soo Yeon. He lightly shook her by the shoulder and mumbled a soft "We're here". Soo Yeon moved a bit and opened her eyes slowly, murmuring, "Tae Hyung?". She opened her eyes properly and turned to Kris who was smirking at her. Soo Yeon mouthed 'You heard?' to him which  Kris nodded triumphly. 'Well that's embarrassing.', Soo Yeon thought. 'She still thinks of him.', Kris thought. The blush on Soo Yeon's cheeks were slightly visible.

Soo Yeon then put on her boot and fixed her hair, well untying it actually, she couldn't be bothered tying her hair up again, it was night, around 12:30 am already. She opened the door and stepped out of the car. She ducked her head in the car to check for any other things that were left, her hairclip was lying in the slits of the seat. Soo Yeon grabbed the hairclip and was about to get her head out of the car but resulted on having her head hit the car door's socket, where the car door stay's in place.

"Ouch!", she winced in pain and held the top of her head with both hands. She then carefully got her head out and shut the door "Appo! (It hurts!).", she kept on wincing in pain and rubbed her head. Kris locked the door and went to Soo Yeon.

"You okay? What happened?", he questioned and studied where her hands were placed.  Soo Yeon face Kris with a frown on her face. "Don't tell me........ it happened again?", Soo Yeon nodded with her lips upside down. "Hahahhaha!!", Kris bursted out laughing, Soo Yeon made a face at Kris, her eyes wide and her lips jutted out in an annoyed manner. "Aigoo, our poor Soo Yeon, come here.", Kris teased and hugged Soo Yeon's aching head to his chest. He caressed the place where Soo Yeon got hurt and grinned.

"Aish! Go away!", Soo Yeon pulled away from Kris roughly with an annoyed expression. Kris always did this to her whenever this incident happens. And Soo Yeon always gets her head hit on the car door's socket. She walked away from Kris and headed into the Police Station with thumping feet storming into the building.

Kris on the outside smiled widely. Kris was actually a really good friend of Soo Yeon. They first met each other on the first day of training. Both of them went to the same university, but none of them regarded each other's presence, but finally they met each other on the first day of training. Not long after that they became best buddies. That is why Soo Yeon is very comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter