Promise

way back into love

Recently, Naeun changes a lot and he doesn't know a reason. She doesn't wait him to go home like before, doesn't talk so much to him, doesn't hug or forces him piggyback. Taemin feels weird, he asks her but Naeun keeps away from seeing him. Although, their room are next to but they rarely meet each other, except dinner. Today too, he knocks on her room's door.

"I don't want eat, I don't feel hungry" Naeun says

"Why you don't want? Are you sick? What had happend to you?" Taemin asks

"Nothing, I feel tried and you can see I'm studying"

"What? You skip meal for studying? No way, Naeun-ah! Just say me the truth".

She pretends not to hear him, keeps studying. He rubbs her head: " I'll bring food for you and teach you."

"I don't need, I can do it by myself. Why you always help me? If one day you leave me, how do I live?"

Taemin paralyzes by her world, he talks to her after 5 minutes: "Because I stand out so you feel pressure, right Naeun? Because my shadow is so big so you have trouble to overcome? Because parents always commend me so your ego are hurt? I don't know, I'm so sorry but don't do it again, just be yourself."

No reply from her, Taemin goes out of her room when everyone start eat Naeun suddenly come. He smiles quietly at her attitude, carefully pick up food for her. Mon and dad starts torture her learning and wonder why 2 child live together, have many different. Taemin doesn't say anything, just cares her but this time Naeun fells annoyed, she yells at him " Don't care about me so much, I said you I don't need, Are you deaf or what?" Everyone shock at her action, Mom scolds her: " Don't speak to your brother with that tone of voice and apologize him right now!" but Naeun run out of house. Both Taemin and Naeun are hurt, but no one knows the reason. Dad can fell awkward atmosphere, he asks: " What had happened to you two? Naeun loves you than anyone, how can she yells at you?". Taemin smiles sadly: "I'll fix it, Dad!" and he escorts Naeun.

He knows her very much, if she's sad, she will go to hill, where dad used to build for them a woonden house. Taemin rarely goes there not because he hates it  just because he can't climb up the house vice versa Naeun's really good at climb, she can reach the house in jiffy. And of course, he is right, when she sees him in there, she cruses herself: " Maybe next time I should change location." She knows he can't climb so she climbs up the house to avoid him but he chases her and seems to not stop. 

"You go home first, don't go there, you can't go up and you're falling sick" She yells.

"No, if you don't go home with me, I'll climb the house."

She knows what he is saying like before. When he was 14, he visited his mother and left her 1 week alonely. As he came back, she sulked him and run to there, he reached her but unfortunately, he fell and his leg was broken. She cried a lot, cared him and he just smiled quietly, didn't ever louded at her. Maybe he will do the same, so she climbs down and passes him but he holds her hand and says:

"What wrong is with you? I know you are hiding me something. My letters, the prom, party invitations that everyone ask you give me, I don't receive one. Why you don't give it to me, Naeun?"

"Now you're louding to me because your stupid letters, you want go there, right? You want to be the centre, have many beautiful girls around, right? Ok, now I'll go home and give you all. Are you happy?"

"What did you say? I don't mean it, just want you're honest to me."

"You want me to be honest but you don't. Why you don't say me you had scholarship and will study in London. And you think I'm jealous with you? How stupid you are? No way, I just want to be heard it from you instead of dad but you don't understand me, you don't trust me!"

"I'm afraid you sad. I'm afraid every morning when you walk up, you'll find me if I aren't by your side. I'm afraid when you cry, no one cares you and rubs your head. I'm afraid you will be bullied if I don't beside you, who can protect you from this? I'm afraid as you scare ghosts, you go to my roon but it's empty. I'm afraid you'll be alone. Just say me, Naeun-ah if you don't want me go, I won't accept this scholarship."

"No, you should leave. You're proud of mom and dad and it will be better for your future. Just don't forget me, always think about your sister, just it!"

"I promise you as soon as I finish my studying, I'll go home for you, ok? Pink promise?"

"Ok". She smiled.

But Easier said than done! He knows it, maybe next time when he returns, he won't care her that much, maybe one day, he just loves her like brother and sister...And this time, he'll make it right!!!!