A Popular Doctor's Lying Expression

Someone Call the Doctor(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] "why would I be so attracted to you?” [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]  'you are the worst' | A Popular Doctor's Lying Expression | 'the future that I have planned doesn't include you' [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

  [High-class condominium, Apgujeong, Gangnam – Seoul]

 

“Mom brought me up by herself so we got to live in this super high class condominium, thanks to her hard work.”

 

A pretty and tall girl walking into the condominium building while holding a thick book. With one look, people can tell that she is beautiful, with her wide smile, she clearly owned the “Lively Summer.” She is Choi Sooyoung; her dream is to be a doctor. So she can earn a lot to support her mom.

 

Her steps suddenly slowed down when she reached the elevator. The next thing she saw made her cringed, there were two people hugging each other tightly while locking their lips. She knows that kind of kiss, it's called ‘a passionate kiss’. “They were actually making out in this kind of place, people these days…” Sooyoung mumbled silently to herself.

 

Without her knowing, the guy who enjoyed making out open his eyes, “Oh no… Did he see me? Did he hear what I say?” Sooyoung panicked.

 

“Ck,” the guy mumbled loud enough for Sooyoung to hear. When the guy eyes meets her eyes, he gave her a smirk.

 

Sooyoung blushed red like a tomato, “Oh my! Did he just do that,” she mumbled, before things turns awkward, and pressed the elevator button hurriedly, thank goodness, the elevator didn't take long to open, when suddenly, a sound ensued indicating the door has been opened.

 

Hurriedly, Sooyoung dashed to the elevator when a hand held the door, preventing it from getting closed and a deep voice came up.

 

“Hold on.” Turns out that was the guy from before. Sooyoung finally can clearly see his feature, he is handsomely tall, no, scratch that. He is gorgeous, and he has baby face but his eyes looked so fierce, damn. Sooyoung gulped the lump in , as she tried to control her heart.

 

The guy with his fierce eyes took a glance at Sooyoung, while the subject already blabbers in her mind, “He’s looking at me… Oh no, he is staring at me. What he is trying to do?!”

 

“You answered this question wrong,” the guy pointed at a certain point.

 

Sooyoung looks at the question he just pointed at her book and realized the mistake, “Oh you’re right. Thank you.”

 

The guy let out a light chuckle, “There are no benefits in becoming a doctor.”

 

Sooyoung’s body stiffened as he continued his words, “That’s because there are a lot of doctors who are as bad as me.” The elevator stops at the Eighth floor, “See you, I’m getting off here.” Before he goes out, he took his call card and gave it to the speechless Sooyoung.

 

“Seoul University Hospital, Plastic Surgery.”

 

After the elevator door closed, Sooyoung still held his card with disbelief, “Doc...Doctor?! That person is a doctor? And what makes it worse we live on the same building?”

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

[The day after, Gangnam Train Station]

 

Hazy morning, still with crowded Seoul train. Sooyoung took the early train to get to her school. “I still can't believe a person like him can be a doctor.” She was still thinking about last night incident and after all, she cannot believe that the arrogant guy she met before is a doctor.

 

Her dazing out moments was disturbed by some girls whom looked excited about someone's arrival on the train.

 

“Who's that handsome guy over there?”

 

“Oh! We are so lucky! Doctor Thunder over there!” they squealed.

 

“That’s Doctor Park Sanghyun. He is from the hospital I work at.”

 

Sooyoung overheard the girls talking about a certain doctor, “Could it be…” Sooyoung’s mind drifted to the guy from last night. When she turned around to see who the guy was, she let out a little gasp; there is no mistake about it. There standing handsomely, was the guy from last night.

 

She purposely tried to ignore his presence and continued to read her book. However, the girls consistent squealing about ‘Doctor Thunder’ made her unable to read on; instead, she continued listening to the girl’s conversation.

 

“He has a cool personality and is never emotionally involved in anything he does, he also has that piercing gaze that makes every girl’s legs turn wobbly. That’s why we call him ‘Doctor Thunder’. He also got engaged to the hospital chairman, Professor Hwang’s daughter.”

 

“Hwang? Do you mean Tiffany Hwang? That super model who is famous with her eye smile?! Oh My God, if they’re really married, sure they'll have beautiful children…” one of the girls said.

 

“Yes, that goddess Tiffany Hwang. But the rumors said he married chairman’s daughter not because of love. He married Tiffany so he could receive a professorship.”

 

“Oh, too bad. But he’s so cool.” another one said.

 

“Next stop, Yeon Gun Station.”

 

As the train doors opened, there was a sudden crowd, “Ah! Somebody has fainted.” the passengers screamed out.

 

Sooyoung immediately searched for Doctor Thunder's presence, he is a doctor after all. He must help that passenger who just fainted.

 

“Hey doctor!” Sooyoung called out to him in panic.

 

He turns his eyes to her direction, but seconds after, he let it pass like nothing happen.

 

“The train door was getting closed “ But before the door’s closed, Sooyoung jumped out of the train and ran to him “What?! That jerk!” She gritted her teeth. “Hold on a second! Doctor! Doctor Sanghyun! Park Sanghyun!” she screamed out angrily.

 

Sanghyun turns his body lazily, “Oh you’re the one from yesterday.” he said nonchalantly.

 

“I am Sooyoung. Someone over there has fainted!”

 

“That person is just drunk.” he said as he waved her off.

 

“But she still needs help doctor…” Sooyoung said, insisting.

 

Sanghyun fixed his tie and took a deep breath, “I am a plastic surgeon. Other medical areas are not my concern. Besides, providing treatment in this kind of place…” he looked around his surrounding and give a mocked smirk, “Has absolutely no monetary incentive for me.”

 

“What the hell,” Sooyoung’s face was becoming red because of anger, instantly, she threw her book right at his handsome face, “You are the worst doctor I've seen in my life!” she screeched in anger.

 

She picked her books and muttered, “I hate you! I hate your kind of guy.” before walking away.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

[At Sooyoung’s room, Apgujeong Condominium, past midnight]

 

Sooyoung was already in her pajamas but still continued her study, she looked at the watch on her wall and sighed, “Mom's late tonight too, she must be busy. I must study hard and become independent! Fighting Choi Sooyoung!” she encouraged herself.

 

When suddenly, she heard a mysterious voice coming from the living room, she hurriedly walked out from her room, thinking her mom was back. “Mom? Are you home already?” she called but no response. Then the next thing she saw made her scream aloud, “MMOOOOMM!” She found her mom already lying helplessly on the floor.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“DOCTOR! Doctor Sanghyun! Open the door! Please open the door!” Sooyoung screamed out, as she banged furiously on his door. Sanghyun was startled hearing a loud bang from his front door, “What time does she think it is?” he mumbled grudgingly as he stood up from his couch and headed to open the door, coupled with an annoyed face, only to find the girl that threw a book at his face earlier this morning, trembling with tears streaming down her face. And instantly, his gaze softened.

 

“What am I even doing?” she questioned herself. “A cold hearted person like him will never save my mom. But at this moment I am totally lost and could only think of getting help from him…”

 

“Doctor, I’m begging you please save my mom… My mom is going to die… Please I’m begging you, please save my mom…” Sooyoung’s voice already broke down. She was a mess.

 

Sanghyun takes Sooyoung’s face in his hands and wiped off the tears on her face and slowly said, “Breathe in. Calm down, let’s go to your house now.” and she nodded quickly before running off to her house with the doctor trailing behind her.

 

When they arrived at Sooyoung’s house, she said to the doctor. “Mom lost consciousness and wouldn't move at all...”

 

“Shhh,” Sanghyun stopped her with his finger on her lips, before he bent down, and placed his hand on her mother's nose to feel if she's breathing, and sighed thereafter.

 

“Don’t worry, her breathing is fine. I will call the ambulance. Meanwhile, you better get changed.”

 

He said to Sooyoung as he picked the unconscious woman up from the ground and carried her to their couch before calling the ambulance. Then he turned and saw her standing speechless before muttering again.

 

“Go, get changed.”

 

“Oh… Okay.” she nodded and ran up to change her clothes.

 

Few minutes later, the ambulance arrived with the paramedics, and immediately Sooyoung saw them, she began panicking. She shivered and tried turning her face away from the scene when they picked her mom up and laid her on the stretcher. When suddenly, Sanghyun held her hands and whispered words of encouragement to her.

 

“Come, I need you to stay still and be strong. Do you understand?” Sooyoung could only look into his fierce eyes, and finally she stopped shivering, and nodded.

 

It didn't take long for the paramedics to wear an oxygen mask on Sooyoung's mother before pushing the stretcher into the ambulance before Sanghyun muttered. “Please go to the Seoul University Hospital, I’m a doctor there.”

 

Right in the ambulance, Sooyoung rested her head on Sanghyun’s shoulder, while Sanghyun held her hands the whole time as they headed to the hospital. His huge hands felt so protective that she began relaxing in no time. It took her enough courage to speak to Sanghyun, and when she did, the first word that came out of her lips were.

 

“Do.. Doctor, I'm...I’m sorry.” she stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter