Ruined, Again.

You Don't Even Know Me

 

✳Ruined, Again✳

divider.png

 

Minah packed up her study materials in her bag, getting ready to go home because school has ended. It was such a tiring day, i mean school is always tiring for her. She stood up, getting ready to leave but luhan pulled out his hand and blocked minah's way


"Want me to walk you home?" Luhan asked and that caused a stir in the classroom. From the corner of her eye, minah could already see the stares and dirty looks the people are giving, she sigh inwardly and turn the other way round. Mark got the sign and stood up and make way for her to go. 


She walked out of the classroom and hurriedly run down the stairs. Halfway through the stairs, she stopped and held onto the hand rail, breathing heavily and shut her eyes for a moment.


She wasn't like this before, she never really had any feelings but now? Why is her heart thumping fast... She could literally hear her heartbeat and she didn't like it. She like feeling numb, she like feeling empty, not feeling emotions because emotions .


Minah opened her eyes and dear lord she almost died out of a heart attack. Mark's  face was just a few centimeters away from her and she could feel his breath tickling her skin. One question but why is he down here? Forget about that, He was smiling widely and she couldn't help but stare at his features.


Okay guys, let us, all, admit Mark is terrifically and alluringly handsome. She first took a glance at his eyes and thought it was only a glance but those eyes captivated her. His eyes were like an ocean where when you set your eyes on it, you'll drown deeply. It was mesmerizing, his long eyelash together with his eyes were the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.  


The most beautiful thing she's ever seen as in the only beautiful thing she's ever seen because she never sees anything that beautiful. 


Mark on the other hand was not much different from Minah. He too stared at her eyes. Her eyes was like a reflection of his own. Brown orbs accompanied with long lashes. Her eyes was captivating, it was mysteriously captivating. It was deep and well, beautiful. 


Minah blink rapidly as she realize what she was doing. She look away to her right and stood there frozen. Her legs weren't going to walk away, it was like her brain was telling her to stay there. 

"Hey" Mark spoke up after he woke up from his daze. Seeing no response from minah "look at me" 

Her brain wanted her to look at him but her body didn't. Minah wasn't one anymore, she was divided. It was like a war, one side wants to do this and another side doesn't. 


"Look at me..." Mark asked again and this time, he sound really anxious

Minah wanted so badly to look at him and see why she's so interested in him, she wanted break out of her labyrinth, she wanted to have emotions again, she wanted to be free, she wanted to be loved but "please..." Minah pleaded and walk quickly down the stairs.


Mark felt his heart thumping fast, he held onto his chest and panted a little. "Wait why did i ask her to look at me?" 


Minah on the other hand was panicking, she ran out of the school as if she was in a marathon and as soon as she spotted her car, she rush inside and told the driver to drive fast. She panted and close her eyes, trying to calm herself down and telling herself it was nothing, she was just hallucinating, nothing happened and it was all in her head but deep down inside, she knew she felt something she never felt before, it was new and kinda... Exciting? She couldn't deny reality, it happened and it really did. 

 

 

 

As expected from minah, she went straight to the music room the moment she step in her house. She drop her bag on the tiled floor and sat herself down, breathing slowly she ran her hands on the piano keyboard and tried to deny all the things she feels right now.

 

She pressed on the G note, prepared to play a song but suddenly heard footsteps coming from the hallway. She turn around and saw her mother standing behind the glass doors. She quickly stood up and bowed, remembering to lower her head even after because her mother sees that as a term of "respect". Her mother push the glass door open and she faked a smile "heads up now"'

 

Minah followed and eye her mother secretly "Money, Money, Money" it screamed. From head to toe her mother was in brand clothing and jewelries that outshine everything else. "Are you playing the piano?" Her mother asked and looked over Minah's shoulder "i never knew you like them" 

 

Minah's heart crashed for the millionth time but she just faked the same smile her mother was faking. "Yes mom, I Love musical instruments. If only you did pay a little attention" Minah answered in her head and it broke her heart that her mother didn't even know she like playing them even if her mother was the one who forced her to play them at just the age of three. 

"Dinner's ready" her mother said after the silence and left the room. As soon as her mother's presence was no longer there, her legs felt weak and she fell down on the floor, holding onto the piano for support. She burst out crying and screamed and fortunately, the glass doors were sound proof. 

"SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!" She screamed and kick her legs to the ground "I DON'T EAT MOM! THAT'S MAINLY BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS! I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIFE LIKE HELL FOR YEARS ALREADY! WHY WON'T YOU CARE FOR ME! I'M YOUR DAUGHTER NOT SOME SORT OF STRANGER!" 

She cried and rant, rant and cried, cried and rant again. The cycle continues for quite a while and she was all drained. Lifeless again. 

She stood up weakly and drag her bag onto the ground, not caring whether it would get dirty or not, she just wants to get to her room and sleep. She press on the elevator button and went down, entering the room without turning on the lights because she was too empty to do so. 


Her day was ruined, again. 

 


Quote of the day:  "it's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flasback that follows" 

characters: 4818

words: 1094