Prologue

You Don't Even Know Me

 

 

 Prologue 

divider.png

 

The instant Kim minah twisted the doorknob, screams and furious voices resonated through the house. She flinched a bit as the fight reached her ears, making her ear buzz in pain. Carefully, she took off her sneakers and place them on the shoes rack. Making the slightest noise as possible because she didn't want to be tangled up with the situation, she raised her hands to cover her ears and tip toe to her room.
 
 
 
It was to the point where her parents arguing becomes a normal thing, like a daily routine which she just get used to. It was heart breaking sometimes for her to think that such affliction could be adapted, as if pinning needles into your heart could be accustomed. 
 
 
The sheltered frame that was once called home is ostentatiously designed to scream money. Built on the land of the riches, the heart of Cheongdam-dong, her house is erected so it could overwhelm the sight of passerbys. With elaborations of gold and intricate design that imcorporate the comtemporary and past, the four storey structure was built by wealth that bought labour and resource. 
 
 
 It was simple, Kim minah is filthy rich. She is loaded on cash and showered with luxury. Her parents are successful CEO's of individual companies and they are usuallly referrred to other people as the "power couple". She mentally rolled her eyes at the title because the outsiders don't know how the association is only held by a thin lining that is stature. 
 
 
She had it all, the luxuries; the money, the car, a mansion and all those things the daughther of a  millionaire would have but she didn't recieve love.
 
It's not that she hasn't tried to mend the broken strings, she did, but everytime she does the strings just snaps. interventions like her parents fighting or being alone calls for the onster inside her head to keep the end of th strings as far as 
 
Minah place her bag into her closet and shut the door with a heavy heart. when will i ever have peace?  she slip her hand into her pocket and withdrew her phone, she plug the earphones and put the earbuds in the both sides of her ear. She then rest herself on the bed headboard with eyes closed as she enjoyed the music. The song was  15& "Rain & Cry"
 
 
The song was over but minah didn't budge, she stayed in that postion and decided to take a short nap, too tired of school and life. Her nap quickly came to an end as she sat herself up and rub her eyes. staring at the nothingness for a mintute or so, she decided to go to the music room where she enjoyed the most. Minah tip toe to the hallway, there was silence and when she thought it was all over, a sudden sound of shattered glass was heard. she shook her head and continue with her what she was doing. she press on the elevator button for it to come down. Stepping into the elevator, she press the button with the number 3 on it.
 
 
Kim minah was doing her hobby again; playing the piano. She finally stepped in her most favorite room in the world and that is, the music room in her house. It was the only place where she can distract herself from reality.  She would sometimes play the piano till her fingers are all cramped up or till morning without any sleep. It's her only distraction anyways.
 
 
Minah sat down at the stool and ran her hand along the keyboard of the piano. She then shut her eyes, enjoying the moment and her hands travelled to the piano's keyboard and press on the notes that she was supposed to play.
 
 
for tonight, it was "Kiss the Rain - Yiruma"
 
 
With every note she played, she poured all her hearts out. Music was her life, she lived because of music. Unknowing, tears ran down her cheeks. it was just too painful to bear, reality was too cruel, what did she do to deserve this? when will she have the peace she wanted? when will she not feel pain again? questions were left unanswered, why? because no one was there to answer them. 
 
 
The song finally came to an end and with one last note, her eyes shot open. Her eyes that were orginally white was now decorated with red veins and some tears. She stared at the window that was across the piano. The sun was setting, making it's way for the moon to show itself.  She forgot what world she was in when she watch the sun set as it distract her because of it's beauty. but as time pass by, night approaches and that's also when something hits her it's reality again.

Author's note: How's the first chapter everyone? sorry it's kinda short but i'll make sure the next chapter is longer. don't forget to subscribe, upvote and comment ^^