The Promise

. : : Meeting You Again : : .

A.N-Here's chapter two guys! I would like to thank my few viewers who read the first chapter!! I'm really happy that you guys are reading it!!! I hope more people visit and read my stories and please leave a comment if you think this story needs a change in anyway! Enjoy chapter 2!

Chapter 2- The promise

“EEHHHHH!!!!!” The five men shouted in shock. The SMAP turned around to all the commotion, “Oi you guys are being too loud.” the leader glared, giving his sempai aura. What an 180 degree change.

 

“Gomenasai...”Everyone including you apologized. The SMAP members continued to practice, as you and the Arashi members began speaking at a lower volume.

 

“So Sara-chan you’re 23 right?” Ohno asked.

 

“Yup! I’m turning 24 soon!!” You smiled. Did they not get any of my letters? Do all of them seriously don't remember?....

 

“Sara-chan we always wanted to meet you! All of here always love reading your letters!” Aiba smiled.

 

“Arigato(thank you). I’m glad that you guys enjoyed reading it! I actually sent in normal letters while I was here, before I went to America, did you guys read them too?” You asked, though you were hoping that it would jogg their memories.

 

“Well...to be honest we don’t remember since we read like a thousand a day, but we probably did! We still have old letters that we place specially here at the office. Wanna go and check it out?” Ohno offered. You nodded your head excitedly, “Of course! But don’t you guys have to practice?”

 

“We’ll be back fast before sempais even notice.” Jun smirked slyly. You smiled and inconspicuously left the room. You followed Arashi to a small room that was just down the hall to the practice room they were just in.

 

“In this storage room is where we keep letters from our fans. We begged Johnny-san to make a room especially for this. We have your letters from New York as well! I’ll admit we have so much in here...so don’t be surprise if there was any letter from you that we didnt read.” Aiba explained as he took out the keys to unlock the room. He went in the other members as you waited.

 

“Sara-chan when did you start writing letters to us?” Sho called out from inside the room.

 

“I actually started writing to you guys when you guys debuted.”

 

“EHHH?? Are you serious?” The members cried. The members cried out as each of them came out with a huge plastic box.

 

“Each boxes have letters with 3 years interval. So the box Riida has letter from the time we debuted to 2002, Aiba-chan has letters from 2003-2006, and so on ad so forth, we even labeled them here” Sho pointed out. You smiled as you began reminiscing about the past especially the past with a certain member.

-Flash back-

 

WAIT USAGI-CHAN!! I promise I’ll come and get you when you get older, and when I become a super idol!!” you heard him scream out at the entrance of the building as you left with your cousin to move to your new home.

 

-End-

 

“We have two bags in each box...read and unread. I’m actually disappointed in us for not reading old letter and for putting it off for this long. Gomenasai fans, we were just really busy, though I know that it just sounds like an excuse.” the leader prayed for forgiveness, as the others agreed

 

“We can always take them and read them tomorrow tonight since we don’t have anything to do that next day.” Sho suggested.

 

“Ohh that nice! Then it’s Sho-chan place we’ll read them! And we’ll have a sleep over!!” Aiba added, everyone agreed to it before he could refuse.

 

“Why is it always my place?” Sho sighed, as everyone laughed.

 

“But I’m really surprise that you were a fan for so long! Only a handful of fans were fans from the start right?” Nino said, the others agreed as they began opening the box.

 

“Yeah our 1999-2002 box has the smallest amount of letters, and so is our 2003-2006.” Aiba added, as the members remembered those tough 5-6 years, all those sweat and hardwork, and now it all paid off.

 

“Yeah we worked really hard and look our other boxes are packing full with letters!! Hey speaking of fans remember that small pigtailed girl that would randomly come to our practice room every now and then?” Jun mentioned.

 

“Oh yeah! She would randomly come and play with us saying that she was our number 1 fan or something like that! I wondered if her parents or relative moved cause she only came for like 1 year and a half right? Then she suddenly disappeared a little after we debuted. We didn’t even know her name and just called her Usagi cause of her stuff bunny she would carry with her.” Aiba remembered.

 

“You two idiots ssshhhhhhh!!!” Nino shushed, just then Jun and Aiba covered their mouth noticing the grave mistake they had just made. What so, he hasn’t forgotten after all! Thank Goodness, but why does he seem upset?

 

“Ano bakas..(Those idiots)..” The leader shook his head. You noticed the four members slowly turning their heads to the rapper, waiting for his usual alone depression time in the corner to start.

 

“It’s fine guys I’ve gotten over it. Don’t worry about it.” the rapper reassured, as he continued to rummage through the letters.

 

“Ummm if you don’t mind me asking what’s wrong?” You asked carefully.

 

“It’s nothing, just something about the past. It’s not our place to say.” Ohno said.

 

“I’m fine, I really am you guys, it’s nothing important and it’s all in the past. You guys can explain it to her if you want...I decided to forget about it a long time ago.” the rapper reassured again. Everyone looked at their rapper with worry, unconvinced.

 

What? Why did he wanted to forget?” There was a stabbing pain in your heart, but you decided to keep your emotions in control until you heard the story.

 

“Well if Sho-chan is ok with it....You see Sara-chan, The girl Usagi was a fan from even before we debuted. It was a couple months before our debut, during a break from our dance practice, Sho found her crying in the building one day, I’m guessing she was lost and Sho-chan brought her to us to cheer her up and played with her until one of the security guard took her to where she was looking for, but when we met her the second time she was so shy, she wouldn’t say her name so we decided to call her Usagi since then. She never did tell us the relative she always came with. And well from then on she would always come on random days and come into our practice room with Sho and play with us. She would cheer for us saying that she was our number one and first fan and she was closest to Sho. We all thought of her as our cute little sister, but for Sho she was his first love, but she suddenly stopped coming and all traces of her just disappeared. We found out later that She moved out of Tokyo to a city in Chiba” Aiba explained. Everyone was silent and the atmosphere became dark.

 

“From then on Sho waited for her letters everyday but for the past 15 years not a single letter.” Nino added. No! I did write letters!! Taku-nii chan should’ve definitely gave all the letters I wrote while I was here in Japan.

 

“Maybe the letters are in the unread piles.” You tried to reason. I can’t accept that the letter didn’t reach him!! The letters I sent through Taku-nii chan should’ve reached him!!

 

“That’s what we told him, but Sho asked the receptionist of the building and his manager specifically that if any letters came from a girl name Usagi save it and bring it to him personally. So since the receptionist or his manager didn’t bring him anything I’m guessing that she didn’t write to him?” Nino explained.

 

“Its old news so lets stop with depressing stories okay? I was only 16 back then it was just puberty hitting. I didn't know what I was thinking back then. It's over and done with so let's just end it ok? I want to forget about it.” Sho explained, as he fprced a smiled. Everyone had worried expressions and was not fully convinced of his statement. No...it can’t be...Suddenly you lost your balance and fell to the ground.

 

“Sara-chan! Are you okay?!” the members came helping you get up. I need to talk to Taku ni chan first, it could be a misunderstanding.

 

“I’m okay I just must have tripped on something. I’m sorry everyone but can we do this another day? I remember I need to get home since I’m moving all of my stuff from New York!” You faked a smiled.

 

“Oh really? Then want to come over the office with us tomorrow night and find your letter with us?” Aiba suggested.

 

“Eh I thought you guys are gonna go over Sakurai-san’s place?”

 

“It’s okay we can go over anytime, beside its better for you to come to the office instead right? We can talk some mroe and get to know each other. Plus I'm sure Takuya-san feels more assured if we were at an office and not in a man's home.” Aiba smiled. You nodded your head and made your way back to dance practice room before them since they had to clean the boxes away and found the SMAP members waiting for you.

 

“Mo Sara-chan you never change do you? You always used to run off somewhere like that while we were practicing back then too!” Kusanagi smiled patting your head. You tried to smile back and turned your head to your cousin.

 

“Taku-nii chan I need to talk to you for a second can you meet me outside of the building?” You smiled.

 

“Sure. But I need to leave soon.”

 

“I’ll make it quick.”The both of you left outside and you stopped in your tracks.

 

“Taku-nii chan...it wasn’t on purpose right?” You started as you turned to face him, “The letters I asked you to send to Sho, you didn’t send it to him on purpose did you?”

Your cousin stood their frozen, as his expression confirmed your worse nightmare.

 

“HOW COULD YOU!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU SEND THEM?! I TRUSTED YOU THE MOST!!!!” You screamed, as you started pounding on his chest. Your cousin took all the hit as if he was waiting for them all his life, knowing he deserved them.

 

“No wonder they don’t remember me, I was wondering why they didn’t say anything even though I sent them all those letters...Why??..NEH! TELL ME Taku-ni!! 15 Years worth of letters..What did you do to them?!” You continued to cry. Your cousin pulled you in a hug and began to apologize.

 

“I still have them. I didn’t have the heart to throw them away so I have all of them. But I’m sorry. I’m really sorry Sara-chan. But I won’t lie, I would’ve stopped your letter from New York too, if I knew you were sending them these past four years. I'm glad that they didn't realise it was you from 15 years ago.” Your cousin admitted honestly.

 

“DOUE!!! (WHY!!!) Why would you do that, you knew better than anyone how much I really liked Sho and how much I wanted to meet him and the others again. You were the only person I told about him I didn’t even tell nii-chans...Neh tell me why would you do such a thing?” You screamed as felt your knees give out falling on your knees.

 

“I’m sorry I’m really Sara. I did it for your sake. You realize how stressful and dark it will be dating an idol? Look at what happened to Mori.”

 

“You mean Katsuyuki-san your former member?” You sniffed, giving your cousin a chance to explain.

 

“Yeah the reason why he quit was because he wanted to avoid the media as much as possible because his girlfriend at the time were getting death threats, emails, stalking pictures and almost made her insane. Shizuka was the same, and it almost got to me to, to a point where we thought about getting a divorce.” He explain, going down to her eye level, “But because we were both idols we were used to the media which is how we are surviving. Mori’s girlfriend however, decided to end it with Mori and he never saw her again. We tried to pursuade Johnny’s to let him back but he was not convinced...Sara it’s a dangerous road for you and Sho. I don’t want you to get caught up in all of that. I love you too much to let you go through all of that, which is why I decided to end it before it even started. I thought that because Sho was still just a kid he would get over it quickly I mean what does a 16 year old really know about love right? It took him time I’ll admit, he was depress, upset and dark and I really felt guilty doing what I did, but Sara if it was for you and for your sake I don’t regret it. I’m pretty sure your brothers would have done the same.” He finished.

 

“But Taku-nii chan I still can’t accept it...It still can’t forgive you had no right to interfere! Even if things became that bad it was our problem to solve, not yours! Plus that's thinking way too far ahead! Do you know how ridiculous your argument sounds? I hate you!” You screamed as you left running, ignoring your cousin’s calls. A figure came behind Takuya and noticing his presence he turned his head to meet his group leader.

 

“So she found out?”

 

“Yeah Nakai, what am I going to do?” He sighed hopelessly.

 

“Hey you did it for her, it was for her sake. I would’ve done the same. Just give her some time she’ll understand.” He advised, placing his hand on his shoulders for support, unknowing to the two singers, figure stood not to far away from the entrance and saw the whole scene.

 

D-day arrived and you were standing in front of the office like you promised the Arashi members. You didn’t know show to face Sho after finding out what your cousin did. You knew the members didn’t find any letters of your since they were all with our cousins, maybe one or two from when you were still at New York. Well after carefully thinking about it and talking to Shizuka-nee chan (Takuya’s wife) it made sense why he did what he did.

 

-Flashback-

After telling Shizuka what your cousin did, she did not seemed surpise.

“Well I understand why Takuya did what he did. Just remembering all the death threats, walking scared because of crazy stalker fans. It was horrible and it drove Takuya to do crazy things as well.” She frowned as she remember the darkest part of life.

“Really?”

“Yeah he always went partying, drinking never coming home, while I was alone by myself to deal with it all.” She replied as her eyes began to water.

‘I never knew you and Taku-nii chan went through so much.” You whispered, as guilt began to crawl its way to your chest

“I’m glad we were able to get through with it in the end, because it made our love stronger, but Sara-chan think first is this guy worth all of that? Is he worth getting hurt for? Is it worth going through all things me and Takuya went through? You’re still young so you might not understand, but if it’s like you said and Sakurai-san did seems like he was perfectly fine and forgot everything maybe its not worth starting. It might bring out old wounds he would not want to feel again, and even if he did chose to do it, do you want to see him suffer from what comes after? What if the tabloid news reporters found out? Not only his reputation but his whole group will be affected negatively and worst of all you’ll be the one to receive the worst end.” She explained logically, and it made sense. Was it worth starting? He was just 16 and you were only 9. You guys were young and are still young. Think carefully about this, you knew that your ousin also fell in love at a young age too, you realised he was just worried that you would turn the same if you kept in contact with Sho. The more you thought about it the more sad and scared you became.

-end-

 

You stood there shaking any negative thought as you took a deep breath and tried to place your happy mask on so that the other won’t worry. You entered the building and saw the all five Arashi members waiting for you.

 

“Sara-chan you came!” Everyone smiled, you smiled back and greeted everyone as they already laid out the letters.

 

“So before you came we actually went through all the letters and found all the letters you sent!! Surprised huh?” Nino started, as you stood there shocked, seeing the very small pile of AIR MAIL that you sent while you were at New York, They went through the trouble.

 

“Everyone...Thank You! It must have been taken a long time to get these!” You exclaimed, everyone chuckled at your reaction and smiled.

 

“Actually to tell you the truth we asked each of our managers to get these for us. We forgot we had to record for VS Arashi so we asked each of our managers to do it and have it ready by the time we were done. They said they couldn’t find any letters other than these past four years you were at New York. I wondered why? I even asked them to double check the read piles too.” Jun admitted honestly.

 

“Oh it’s ok! I should apologize...it’s because of me. It must have taken them forever. To look at all those letters.” You smiled apologetically.

 

“It’s fine Sara-chan we’ll treat them to an expensive dinner for it so they’ll have their reward.” Aiba laughed. You stopped and released a huge sigh as the others giggled at your antics, “So these are just the unread piles I’m assuming?”

 

“Yup! Since we already read your other letter we just brought the unread ones! Let’s read them together!” Aiba smiled pulling you to a seat next to him.

 

“Huh I didn’t realized I wrote so much! Hahas I’m sorry for writing so much, sometimes it can get burdensome right?” you giggled, embarrassed seeing the huge pile in front of you.

 

“It’s not a burden at all! We’re really grateful that all of our fans write to us! We’re just sorry that we don’t read some of them.” Ohno replied with a smile. Everyone agreed as you smiled back.

 

“So let’s read the first one!” Nino started, as he took the first letter from the pile and began opening the envelope. They began reading one by one, joking and teasing about the content you wrote as your face stayed red.

 

“Sara-chan it’s amazing how you had the time to make these mangas. I remember the first time reading your letter! I actually had a hard time understanding but it was interesting.” Sho laughed.

 

“Yeah I really enjoyed reading them! You must really like drawing.” Jun agreed.

 

“Mo, stop teasing I do love drawing, but I mostly did it so it would stand out more.” You blushed, everyone giggled at your honesty and noticed there was one last letter standing. It wasn’t as thick as the ones you sent from New York.

 

“Well this is the last one! Hmmmmm this one was from 10 years ago! So the manager WAS able to find one from over four years ago. They must have forgotten to mention it. And I don't blame them since they went through hell to separate these.” Sho picked up, you turned your head to the see bright red envelope on his hands and immediately knew what kind of letter it was. “Ahhh no!” Without thinking you immediately snatched it out of his hands and stuff the letter in your backpack. Just when I decided to keep not say anything and keep it secret! Why does God hate me so much?!

 

“Sara-chan what’s wrong? That was a bit rude you know.” Jun frowned, shocked at the sudden action.

 

“I’m really sorry but this letter is something I can’t show! I remember what I wrote in this letter, because of the color of the envelope and it’s something reallllllyyyy embarrassing! I’m sorry just this once please let it go.” you begged.

 

“Now I’m getting curious what the letter is! We can’t let you off easily Sara-chan!” Sho smirked and the other members slowly stood up and started walking towards you.

 

“Oh no....” you whispered to yourself and you prepared to run until Sho grabbed your wrist.

 

“Sakurai-san please let go!” You pleaded. He giggled as the other members came and forcibly took your backpack.

 

“Oh no you don’t missy! That letter is rightfully ours and we have the right to read what’s inside, embarrassing or not!” Sho replied bringing you closer and wrapping his arms around your waist from behind to prevent you from escaping.

 

“I wonder what you wrote in here that you made you snatched it away from Sho-chan like that!” Aiba teased. No please someone help me! They can’t read that letter! Suddenly as if God heard your prayer the door suddenly opened revealing your cousin.

 

“Now if you guys are done bullying my cute little cousin I would like to have her back. Her parents are looking for her.” your cousin smiled.

 

“Taku-nii chan!” You called out. Sho released you as the others returned your bag.

 

“Awww darn and we were so close in reading your embarrassing letter!” Nino sighed. While the others giggled.

 

“What letter?” Your cousin asked.

 

“We were reading all of Sara-chan past letters that we couldn’t read, but when we got to the last one Sara-chan suddenly snatched it saying that we couldn’t read it cause it had something really embarrassing written on it apparently. So we got curious what was written on it and tried to get it back, but someone got in the way” Ohno explained. Takuya stood there stiff looking back at you, like he want confirmation if it was one of those letters. You slightly nodded giving the answer your cousin assumed, as he turned his head back to the Arashi members.

 

“Well maybe you guys can get it our from her next time. Right now her brothers and parents are worried about her so I need to get her home.” Your cousin explained. You said your goodbyes to everyone, but not before getting their phone numbers, as the Arashi members said that they wanted to hang out with you again in the future. As you got in your cousin’s car you gave them one last wave goodbye.

 

“Sara-chan did they read the letter?” You cousin asked, as he started to panick.

 

“No I took it before they got a chance to read it. How did that get there? I thought you got all the letters I've written for them.” You replied, as your cousin sighed,“That one must have slipped somewhere and somehow must have gotten to them.” Your cousin deduced, as you opened the bag to check if you still had the letter and began searching but had no luck finding.

 

“Taku-nii chan I can’t find the letter!” You panicked, The car suddenly stopped, as your cousin turned his head.

 

“WHAT? We need to find it! Let's look for it in the car and if we can't find it we need to go back to the building.” He screamed as he parked nearby and starting searching the whole car. Oh no I hope that none of the members find it.

 

Back at the building-

 

“So what does everyone want to do now?” the leader asked, as they stood outside the building

 

“Let’s go to Sho-chans place and drink!!” Aiba suggested.

 

“Like I said why is it always my place?” Sho sighed. Everyone giggled and agreed to drinking at the rapper’s place.

 

“Oh I forgot my stuff back at the building! Sorry! I’ll just meet you guys at Sho’s place ok?” Aiba ran back to the building. Everyone shook their head at their forgetful member and left ahead to the rapper’s place. Aiba headed towards the room he was just in and found his car keys and bag they way they were left. As he took his stuff and made his way towards the door, he noticed something red on the floor and stopped to find the same letter from Sara that he and s were teasing Sara over for.

 

“Maybe the reason she didn’t want us to see the letter was because of what happened earlier..”He spoke to himself.

 

-FlashBack-

 

But Taku-nii chan I still can’t accept it...It still can’t forgive you had no right to interfere! Even if things became that bad it was our problem to solve, not you!”

 

“So she found out?”

 

“Yeah Nakai, what am I going to do?” He sighed hopelessly.

 

“Hey you did it for her, it was for her sake. I would’ve done the same. Just give her some time she’ll understand.” Aiba heard the SMAP leader console .

 

“So Sara-chan is THE Usagi-chan?! What should I do? Should I tell Sho-chan? Will he be happy? ARG WHAT SHOULD i dO?” He began to panic, having an internal debate.

 

-END-

“Well one way to find out is to read it.” He told himself as he began opening the envelope.

 

Arashi it’s Sara Usami here, a.k.a Usagi-chan! I hope that my cousin and your senpai Kimura Takuya is sending my letters properly! I just thought that instead of mailing it, giving it to Taku-nii would be faster! How everyone is doing?! I hope Sato-kun(Ohno) isn’t sleeping too much like usual. Heehee I hope Masa-chan(Aiba) is his usual sunny self and I hope Jun-chan is being less clingy to Sho-chan hahas! I really miss everyone, but I especially miss you Sho-chan! I hope you aren’t pushing yourself, because lately you looked so sad on T.V! And don’t try yo lie I can tell! ! I hope that this letter can cheer you up though! I actually tried to visit the office sometimes, when I visit my cousin, but you guys are never there!! WHY? God must really hate me huh everyone.. But don’t worry Sho-chan I’ll always write to you! So expect a lot of visit from Taku-nii chan ok? And also from now on if we meet in the future call me Sara-chan not Usagi I think it’s time to graduate from being the little Usagi you guys once knew right? I am already 14 years old so from now on call me Sara-chan from now on cause I won’t be putting “Usagi” in my future letters!  Oh and Sho-chan I still remember that promise you made in front of the building when I left to move to Chiba, I just wanted to say I'll be waiting...-Sara Usami-

END!!

A.N-that's it for now! Please stay tune for the next update! And please leave a comment to let me know what you guys think of the story so far.!