Day 28 : New Phone, Her Number

100 Days

New Phone, Her Number

 

Morning…..

I’m too lazy to be awake right now. Currently, I’m reading a book while lying down on my bed. “The Maze Runner”, one of my favorite.

Just then, my stomach started to growl.

“Ah… My poor stomach must’ve been hungry. I wonder why I was always hungry lately”

I was about to go downstairs, but my feet won’t do the same like what my mind wanted. I must be feeling very, very, very lazy today.

My feet even froze at its place.

*beep**beep*

A sound was heard from my computer. I turned my body to the left side, and reached out my hand for the keyboard. This old styled computer is still working well I guess.

I turned the computer so that I can look at the screen well.

“It’s an email. Who is it from ?”

I curiously checked the email that’s been sent. Click ! And then, a brochure ? Or something like that. Promoting smartphones and other phones, popped out the moment I clicked it.

“What’s this ? Smartphones, sale ?”

That moment, my feeling was like a woman who’s found a sale corner or something like that. The instinct to buy something and to fight with the other fighter just because it’s a sale.

Yeah, that’s exactly my feeling.

I quickly opened the cupboard and checked my savings.

“Okay, this is enough for a smartphone”

I rushed out from my home, without dressing up first. This is crazy, I thought. But well, once in a lifetime, where I could actually buy a cheap priced smartphone.

I’m going up a level away from old styled. I’m proud.

Better go fast !!!

-------------

“May I help you ?”, the store clerk asked.

“I saw my email this morning, and I see there’s a sale ?”

“Oh, that. It was over yesterday”

“Huh ?!”

I felt like jumping into a hole or something else like that. A bungee jump would be good enough. And I thought that I finally am able to go away from this old styled me.

Must be a bad day after all.

“Uh… Sir. If you’re looking for a cheap smartphone, we have one here”, the store clerk said suddenly.

I looked at the store clerk with sparkling eyes. My savior !

“This was supposed to be an old phone, but, people still use it even today. And not to mention that it’s cheap !”, the store clerk said, while holding a black colored smartphone.

That smartphone looks like the one Kai used.  

I thought for a while and then gave the store clerk the money.

“I’ll buy it !”

 

So here I am, holding my black smartphone even though it hasn’t have any phone numbers and whatsoever inside. But indeed, I feel proud.

“GOODBYE MY OLD LIFE !!!”

I feel like I finally threw away one piece of my old me after buying this modern thing.

“Because I’m happy, lalalala~”

Just then, when I was skipping on the road like a total idiot and such, I realized that Suzy was standing in front of me for about 10 meters.

She was looking at me with those “What’s with him” eyes.

*Froze*

“Wh-what are you doing ?”, she asked me.

“U-Uh… It’s nothing actually”

“You must be feeling totally happy today, huh ?”

“Yeah ! I just bought a smartphone a while ago”

“Really ? I thought you already have one. You must be really old-fashioned, huh ?”

“I was. I’m not, now”

And then, we were put in an awkward silence for a while.

But then, “Can you show me your smartphone ?”, Suzy asked, with her pink reddish cheeks showing obviously.

“Uh… Sure”

I showed her my smartphone which I was holding all the way. She took it away from my hand and did something to my smartphone.

I can only hear the sound of the buttons being pressed. Seems like she’s texting me or something like that.

After that, Suzy gave me back my smartphone.

“What did you-“

“I gave you my number”, she answered before I even asked.

“Your number ? For what ?”

“So you can call me…”, she blushed, “…right ?”

I was flustered.

“O-oh yeah !”

Why the heck did I ask her such a stupid question.

I stole a glance at Suzy, and she glanced back at me. Then gave me a sweet smile, like usual.

“As I thought I was the first person in your contact list”, she said.

“Y-Yeah, ‘cause I don’t really have anyone to put in my contact list. And you just put your number inside without telling me first”

“Heh, I know you won’t be able to ask me my number”

“Right”

And then the two of us walked home together, without any words and movement, we just walked. A distance between our hands, our footsteps which are clearly loud. My heart which is skipping a beat.

This feeling of happiness inside my heart. It was only a simple thing, only a phone number, but it made my heart skip a beat.

I must have really liked her too much to be this way.

 

Well, today’s achievement…


I GOT SUZY’S PHONE NUMBER !

 

--------------------------------------------

Chanyeol finally got rid of his old-fashioned self by having himself a new cellphone ! Clap clap !!
By the way, don't forget to follow Kai's instagram : @kimkaaaaaa 

Have a nice day ^^

--- dyoo~