Day 16 : The Bazaar

100 Days

The Bazaar

 

I have found another friend of mine yesterday. It's actually not mine, but since we introduced ourself, doesn’t that mean we’re friends ? Or am I wrong ?

Well, I don't really care about that fact. 'Cause I have thought of her as a friend of mine. 
And so, today, me and Kai and Suzy and of course, Min, are on our way to the bazaar that were held near my neighborhood.

I never knew what a bazaar was since I never came there. So, yesterday I tried to search on the internet about bazaar. It says that a bazaar is a place where opens their own shop, not that kind of shop, but a stall. They sells some of their goods in a cheaper or more expensive price. I never heard about this fact before, so today, I’ll make it sure myself.

The four of us met first in front of Suzy’s home earlier in the morning. Suzy and Min haven’t woken up yet, so me and Kai waited outside, I mean at my home. After a while, Suzy called Kai and told him to come in front of her home. And then we met in front of her home.

 

"So... Why is everyone so quiet ?", Kai break through the awkward situation.

Even though we were walking together, everyone seems to be awkward. And what's weirder, Suzy and Min haven't talked even a bit. The both of them were so quiet.

"Read the mood Kai", Min said.

"I did. So I broke the the awkwardness", Kai gave a fast reply.

"You're making it worse", Suzy said.

"Just stop the awkwardness. We barely see each other, but now we're greeting each other with this extremely awkward situation", Kai said.

"He became Mr. Know-It-All, huh ?", Min asked.

"Yeah. A super Mr. Know-It-All, and a worse one", Suzy answered, "He didn't know the both of us often contacted each other everyday through facetime, and look at what he's saying"

"You should have told me then, Bae Suzy-ssi", Kai said.

"And Kim Jongin-ssi, please get rid of your Know-It-All habit"

The both of them argued, leaving Min and me on the side.

"Well, it's been a long time since I saw the two of them argued with each other", Min said towards me.

"Did the both of them used to have a lot of fight ?", I asked, trying to match the topic.

"They used to argue a lot. And it's kinda funny"

Min laughed looking at the two.

Somehow, I felt left alone looking at them. I never knew how it was to have a best friend. My only friend was the doctor, but I felt it was a different relationship from those three.

Mine was only a doctor-patient friend relationship. And it's 100% different.

What is a best friend ? What is a relationship ? Once again I'm curious about it.

"By the way Min, I have something I'm curious about", I said.

"What is it ?", Min asked back.

"Are you Korean ? Or are you a foreigner who speaks like a native ?"

"I'm a Korean. Just look at how I speak. Even a foreigner won't speak 100% like a native. Only if they've lived here for a long time, it's understandable"

"Ohh..."

The both of us talked a lot on our way to the bazaar, while Kai and Suzy joked with each other.

The situation was not awkward right now compared to before. We're chatting with each other comfortably.

 

"It's the bazaar !!!", Suzy said loudly as she ran in the middle of the shops.

"She's still the same, huh ?", Min said.

"Yeah", Kai replied.

Suzy looked so happh the moment she saw the whole bazaar. It seems she knows almost all of the people who were here.

"Suzy ! Long time no see !"

"How are you, eomonim ?"

"Did you have fun at your new neighborhood ?"

"It's fun ! Really fun !"

Suzy exchanged greetings with everyone, and the people she greets reply her with a sweet smile on their face.

Wow. They look so harmonious.

Suzy ran far off to somewhere. Then she turned back towards us and waved her hand.

"Come here !! Eomonim is selling some nice things with a cheap price !!! You get a discount if you buy four or more !!!", Suzy shouted.

"Okay, okay !", Min replied. She gave a hand gesture which was meant for us to hurry up, before Suzy started to shout again, I think. Hehe...

And so, now we're standing in front of a stall with Suzy and Min busy looking at some things. Their eyes were sparkling. I didn't know why girls always had their eyes sparkle when they were shopping. Is it that fun ?

"Hey, over there, young boy"

A guy from the stall beside called me. It was an old man, but not really that old. I came towards the stall, and stood in front of it in confusion.

"Yes ahjussi ? Did you call me ?", I asked.

"That's right. Um... May I know what's your name ?", the ahjussi said.

"I'm Park Chanyeol"

"Park Chanyeol, huh ? I'm Suk Jin, Ji Suk Jin"

"Um, so... Why did ahjussi call me ?"

"Oh right. You know this ?"

The ahjussi took out a blue colored chain, or maybe a decoration ? It has blue feathers with round shaped decorations and somehow, a blue spiderweb ?

"What is that ahjussi ?", I asked.

"It's a dream catcher", the ahjussi replied.

"Dream catcher ?"

"Right. It is said that dream catcher would filter out bad dreams and only let good thoughts to enter through our mind"

"Wow... It's amazing !"

"It is, isn't it ? I'll give it to you for free, since you looked like a nice guy"

"Are you sure, ahjussi ?"

"I'm 100% sure. Keep it nicely 'kay ?"

"Wah ! Thank you ahjussi !"

"Hey, young boy ! If you ever have any bad dreams, the dream catcher will surely catch all of them, including your problems too ! So keep thinking the good one !"

"Got it ! Thank you ahjussi !"

I ran towards the other three who were already looking the at the other stall. It seems like the three of them didn't know that I went to the ahjussi's stall before. So I quietly acted like I was already with them from the beginning.

"What did you buy, hyung ?", Kai suddenly asked.

"What ?"

"You came to that ahjussi's stall earlier right ?"

"You knew ?"

"Yep. I was about to call you when we're going to the other shop, but it seems rude to intrude the talk. So what did you buy ?"

"I didn't buy. I got this for free"

I took out the blue dream catcher and gave Kai a look. Kai was confused the moment he saw the blue things on my hand. I explained to him like what the ahjussi told me earlier, and he finally knew what a dream catcher is.

"It's amazing. I might buy one too if I knew about this earlier"

"Then, let's go to that ahjussi's stall !"

"How 'bout them ?"

Kai pointed his finger at Suzy and Min who were still busy looking at the cute things placed everywhere at the stall.

"They're girls. We can't just leave them alone", Kai said.

"You're right. Oh. I'll buy it for you. Wait here", I said.

I ran towards the ahjussi's stall earlier. I remember exactly where the stall was. But when I got there, nothing was there. An empty spot, as if there is no one there from the beginning.

I wondered where the ahjussi was, so I asked the stall beside.

"Um... Eomonim, do you happen to know where the stall earlier was ?", I asked.

"What do you mean ? There was nothing beside mine"

"Nothing ? Even before ?"

"There was absolutely nothing even from the beginning", the eomonim answered.

"Ah... Is that so ? Thank you eomonim. Sorry for asking"

I went back, empty-handed. Kai must be disappointed if I told him the stall just magically disappear.

I wondered where that ahjussi could be while walking back towards the other three.

Is it magic I wonder ? Or is it just my hallucination ?

I looked at the dream catcher again to make sure if it's just my hallucination or is it real. When I saw it, I was sure that the ahjussi gave me before and it was real.

But, how could a person just magically disappear without no one knowing ?

It's amazing. God must've sent that person to me.

 

"Hyung !!!"

Kai called me while trying to catch his breath.

"The main show of the bazaar will start soon. C'mon !!!", Kai shouted.

I ran along with Kai towards the crowd. It was fully packed with people here and there.

"What are we doing here ?", I asked.

"There's a group performance here. It's the main show", Kai replied.

"Guys ! Here, here !", Suzy called us from afar loudly.

Suzy was already setting a place up for us to sit for. While Min was busy playing her phone.

"So, when is it starting ?", Kai asked the moment we sat down.

"3 minutes again", Min said.

"What are they doing to make us wait so long ?"

"You never know. Look ! That's Yoo Jae Suk !!"

Min pointed at the suit dressed man standing at the stage.

"Yoo Jae Suk ?!", Suzy said loudly.

All the people suddenly stood up by the appearance of Yoo Jae Suk. I thought he was amazing to be able to make this hundreds of people stood up and cheer for him.

"Hello everyone ! We've been waiting for today's main event right ? So now, I present to you, the boy band that has gone international just for an MV recording, and has stolen the hearts of hundreds, no thousands women, INFINITE !!!"

"Kai ! Kai !! I won the bet !!", Min said loudly as her hands grabbed shirt tightly.

"I know ! But please don't shout in front of my ear, grandma !", Kai replied with a louder voice.

We watched the group called INFINITE and followed what the crowd did. Except, shouting. My voice was really low so I kinda when I shout.

I sat while my hands clapped, following the rhythm. My ears listened to the fast beated song.

 

Idaero tteonajima nae apeseo majimak

Ganeun dwitmoseubeul boijineun ma

 

Dasin ni gyeoteseo tteonaji anheulge

Neol beorigo tteonan nal miwohaedo dwae

Chama bolge na apa bolge da

Neol wihae oh you

 

"It's Destiny", Kai said, humming along.

"What destiny ?", I asked.

"The title of their song. Destiny"

"I see..."

 

Beoseonal su eobseo cause you are my destiny

Nal dugo doraseojima

Bitgyeogajima pihaegajima you are my destiny

 

Destiny, huh. Nice song. I love the beat. I might download it later.

I listened to the whole song INFINITE was singing. Most of them were modern pop, which I didn't listen to very much. I was used to acoustic, 'cause I used to play guitar. It's new.

 

"It's a great bazaar !!! They sure progressed a lot after 10 years", Min said, reaching her hands up.

"They sure do. Unlike you grandma. You stays the same. Old fashioned. Even that guy won't like you", Kai teased.

"K-Kai... You jerk !"

"Hey ! Are you guys still kids ?", Suzy said loudly.

Suzy hits their heads lightly and gave them an annoyed look.

I was left alone at the back, but I didn't care. I kept thinking about today, and what should I add into my searching list.

I think I'll add Yoo Jae Suk for the time being.

 

Today, I had my first experience at a bazaar with my friends and my new friend. I got a dream catcher from a wizard(?) ahjussi, and I got to see more new things. Also, INFINITE. It seems like I might start to adore them from now on.

 

Well, my days are not that long, so I'll patiently wait, until the end I won't regret to have lived in this dreamlike world of mine.

 

NOTES :

Sorry for the long update everyone !!!

I've head three tests that I need to do a week before so I hadn't been able to concentrate well on my fanfic. But now that it has finished, I'm able to continue my work. And for the next week, there aren't that many tests to do.

So, I'll be continuing my fanfic. And maybe I'll post a new oneshot. 

Thank you ^^..