Day 23 : Resting at home, Or maybe

100 Days

Resting at Home, Or Maybe

I’m back from Jeju ! And currently I’m still on my bed, sleeping and dreaming about something which was gone after I woke up.

I decided to rest for today. For the whole day, I’ll be watching TV for full 24 hours. Sitting at the sofa, eating my snacks. Bet I’ll be fat the moment Kai saw me tomorrow.

But just then, Suzy’s face appeared in my head. She popped up with her smiling face and pink colored cheeks.

Ah. I mustn’t be fat right now.

I think Suzy will always be appearing in my mind from now on.

 

“You’re not going anywhere ?”, Suzy asked.

She really came !!!

“What are you doing ?”

My mind must be really crazy to think that my imagination can even talk.

“Can you hear me ?”

And now her face is right between inches with mine.

*SMACK*

Her finger woke me up. Realizing that the one who’s right in front of me is not a shadow or my living imagination, but a real one. Her smack on my forehead really wakes me up.

“Are you home alone right now ?”, she said, “Kai’s not coming ?”

“Are you looking for him ?”

“Nope. Just… It’s weird that Kai didn’t come here. Usually, you two would watch the TV and such”

“He’s not here for a while”

“Okay. So, what are you doing ?”

“Nothing. Just, relaxing. And you ?”

“Same. I was so bored at home and I didn’t want to go anywhere. So, let me stay here until noon”

“Sure. Why not”

And, that’s what my choice is.  

But ever since then, I can’t stop taking my eyes away from Suzy. I always stared her, and my heart was making a “thump, thump” sound. 

I my chest, trying to make my inner self calm down. That just never happened. Even though I tried to do it again several times.

It must be because of the “like” feeling that Kai said. It’s not, or so I think ?

“So… When are you going to turn on the TV ?”, Suzy asked.

Her sudden ask makes me woke up from my half unconscious dream. I quickly straighten my body and fixes my sitting posture. I looked straight in front of me, which was a wall.

“U-Uh… You can just turn it on”

“I know !”, she said, turning her head and faced me, “I wanted to do that. But you kept staring at me, so my hands froze and I didn’t know what to do”

“Ah. Sorry”

I gave her a hand sign which meant for her to take the remote control.

She took it from the table. Crossing her legs into a “X” shape on the sofa. Kind of sitting like, a free souled ?

My eyes widened the moment she did that. You know, ‘cause Suzy’s been like, a feminine girl all the time. And now that I saw her acting like this, I thought, she has some of the boyish style too. She must be sitting like this all the time when she was home.

“It’s okay right ?”, Suzy asked again.

“Sure, sure”

“Thanks. Oh, do you have coke ?”

“Coke ? What’s that ?”

“Eh ?! You don’t know what’s called coke ?! That’s weird. I thought you were a person who always goes in and out of the supermarket”

“Well, I don’t really goes in and out. That’s just my usual routine once each week”

“Oh. You even have a routine planned”

“Of course. I always have something planned each week”

“Wow. That’s amazing. So, what do you have for today ? Since you said you have planned many things each week””

“Today ? Nothing. I just wanted to rest at home. And now that you came, I think I might ended up talking for the whole day”

“So you’re insisting I leave ?”

“No, not that. Just…”

“I thought you’ll be happy if a girl was at your home, alone with you. You’re kinda different”

“Well, yeah I am. I never thought about a girl before. All I think about is just the TV and my secrets. But now, well, I have someone that I think about”

“EH ? Really ? Who is it ? Who is it ?”

Suzy moved forward towards me. Pleading me to spit it out. When I can’t say it that she was the one. Or else, I’ll be avoided by her for the rest of my life.

“It’s a secret”

“Eiii…. Just tell me. I promise I won’t tell anyone”

“D-Don’t wanna”

“Spit it out, spit it out !”

She ruffles my hair, puts me in a headlock, and did anything for me to spit it out. She won’t stop, until she’s really exhausted.

When she totally failed to make me talk my secrets, she threw herself on the floor. With sweats covering her whole face.

“Ah !!!”, she shouted, “I failed !!!”

She sat up, and looked at me with her glaring eyes. “That girl must be very important to you”, she said, “when you didn’t even want to tell her name”

I looked at her eyes for a second. Then avoided her gaze by turning my head away. You never thought it was you right ? Suzy.

“Yeah. She was”, I answered, with a slight smile on my face.

“I thought she must be lucky to be liked by you”, she said. Then she stood up. She walked towards my behind.

I felt her breath was near my ear. She was breathing, and her cheek was touching my hair. Nervous, wondering what she will do.

“So…”, she whispered softly.

Her hands started to warp around my shoulder and neck.

What will she do ? What ? What ?

“Won’t you tell me”, she said again, “WHO ?!”

Then, her hands started to move and puts me in a headlock. AGAIN.

“NO !!!”

This is out of my imagination…

 

“… So then she started screaming out loud and she told me that he finally notices her after all of those things”, Suzy told me a long story about the past Min and Lee Minhyuk, also, Suzy.

Her expression changed differently each time she reached one part of the story. It changed again and again. She’s getting more and more interesting.

“And then Min said”, she continued, “today she’s going to see him !!!”

Suzy’s face showed her extremely happy feelings. She held my hands tightly. Her face seemed so up close to mine while her eyes were filled with those sparkling ornaments.

“It’s like a dream, true ?”

“T-true”

She threw herself to her original sitting position, and laid her head on the sofa. “I’m bored…”, she whined.

Then her body pumped up again. “What about we go to see Kai instead of lying around the house ?”

“Not for today”, I replied.

“Ah…. Why ???”

“I’m staying home for the rest of the day. Tired”

“Eii… You’re tired but you’re watching the TV ?”

“At least I don’t have to do any activity that requires any actions. Just sitting around is fine right ?”

“Ah… At least let’s take a walk…”

“I don’t wanna”

“Let’s take a walk. Or you might get fat”

Suzy said those sentence with an obvious glint in her eyes. I looked at her for a moment. And gave up.

“Fine…”

She jumped up and down on the sofa. Making the sofa seemed like a wavy sea.

“YAY !!!”

 

“I’ll take my bike. Wait”, Suzy said.

She ran in towards her home. Then came out. Along with her is a pink colored bike, with two big wheels. Like those in the countryside movies, with basket at the front.

Suzy jumped up towards her bike. Her feet pedaled the bike towards me.

“Let’s go !”

“What about me ? I don’t have anything to ride on”

“Then, sit at the front !”

Suzy moved back. She gave me a space to sit at. I jumped on the bike and started to kick the pedal. It turned around as I move. While I was riding my bike, I wondered how long has it been since the last time I touched my bike.

It’s almost ten years, yet I still remembers the time spent with Dad.

When Dad was alone that time, he was the one who would teach me to ride a bike. And when I fell down, he would always stick a bandage on me. I remembered the times when he sticks too many bandages on me. Mom would always scold him.

Dad, how is he doing up there ?

I zoned out. I left my focus on the road and went to my own flashback without thinking. Just then, I felt a pull on my collar.

“Park Chanyeol ! Concentrate won’t you !”, she said on my ear.

“S-Sorry. I just lost my mind”

She sighed. “Well. This won’t do. Sit at the back. I’ll be the one controlling”

We both changed our seat. Suzy at the front, and I, weirdly sit at the back. This is just a truly weird sitting position. Very, and truly.

“Let’s go !”

Suzy’s feet started to kick the pedal strongly. But, the bike won’t move. It only moved an inch from the starting place.

She tried to kick it harder.

The bike never moved. She kicked it again. The bike still won’t move. She tried again. The bike won’t even budge. Until she drained out all of her energy.

“Sorry. I’m too heavy right ?”

“You’re TOO HEAVY !!!”, she replied.

“Let’s change”

We both changed our position again. Suzy’s feet were tired enough for her to even walk. So she sled down from her front seat.

And I started to kick the pedal.

The both of us rode the bike. And moved straightly.

 

“I really like the breeze here. It made my mind relaxed”, Suzy said, while resting her head on my back.
I looked towards the side.

The dark blue sky filled with shining stars. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…. 100. Infinity. The moon who is shining down like a stage light. A night scenery I saw while riding a bike with Suzy.

I turned my head again and faced the front. Still pedaling the bike with both my feet. I continued to pedal the pink bike home.

 

“We’re here”

No reply.

I looked back to see what Suzy was doing. Maybe she was busy daydreaming about something that she didn’t even hear me calling. Or maybe she’s just focusing on some things.

And… Neither of them was it.

Suzy was sleeping on my back. Holding my waist tightly like she was not planning to let it go.

I tried to move my back bit by bit. Until I finally came down to the ground.

My hand holds her head.

While I was planning to carry her, Min came by.

“Oh !! Chanyeol ! What are you doing ?”, she said as she came over.

I got rid of my plan.

“Did she fell asleep ? Geez, this girl. Let me handle it”, Min said.

She crossed Suzy’s hand over her shoulder, and carried her in.

“Thanks a lot, Chanyeol”, Min said.

“Sure. Um Min ! Did it go well with that Lee Minhyuk guy ?”

Min looked at me. Maybe she wondered why I even knew about that. But she smiled at me, with her blushing face that is covered by the moonlight. She said, “Yeah ! Thanks !”. Then she went in.

Suzy’s bike was left beside me. So at least, I’ll put it near her doorstep. Since I didn’t want to bother Min nor Suzy.

I went in to my home after leaving the pink bike there. I told myself that my plan to rest at home was a total failure, since Suzy pleaded me to.

Why did I even agree to go ?

But, I think even if my plan was a total failure, I still gained some times to be spent with Suzy. That’s a happy thing.