Day 2 : Best Friend ? I don't Know

100 Days

Best Friends ? I don’t know.

“Chanyeol-ssi”, the doctor called me for like the hundredth time, “please come in to the room”

Since I was suffering from my serious illness, I was told to check up every day as often as I could. Even though I admit it was tiring to walk for three hours ‘cause my Mom told me to walk as long as I could. A Mom’s heart, it’s unpredictable.

I went in to the doctor’s room and sat down on the chair.

“How are your condition these days ?”, the doctor asked.

“It’s fine”, I answered with a smile.

“Did you not feel anything weird ?”

“Nope. I’m 100% add another 1% fine”

“I see. But, I hope you’ll watch yourself well, since you can faint anytime”

“Me ? Fainting ?”

“Yes, it can happen suddenly”

“It’s worrisome”

“It is. So that’s why, you need to say every time you have felt something weird happening to yourself. You can tell it to me, or maybe to your best friends”

“Ah. Yes. Thank you doctor”

I left the room, dragging my right and left feet along with me.

Best friends, huh.

I looked towards the ceiling once again. The blue paint makes me thought that it was a real sky hanging on top of the hospital.

Sigh. If only I didn’t suffer from this serious illness, maybe I can go to the game center and played some games with my… um… Best friends.

Best friends, is something really impossible for me to achieve. I seldom went to school, or maybe didn’t go to school at all after I finished middle school.

But still, I survive for a long time at school, it was something unbelievable for me.

I’m happy for the chance I got when I went to school before, although it was just for a moment.

I dragged my two feet for the second time and went out from the blue ceiling hospital, at least that’s what I thought.

Where am I going right now ? I’m confused.

My feet dragged me somewhere along with my body and soul. I never knew where I went and how can I got there. I was still dazed off.

I glanced a bit to the street and looked at the cars.

Honk, honk. The cars’ honking woke me up.

“Those cars are awesome”, I said to myself.

It’s weird maybe, but I thought differently. Today, the cars were somewhat awesome. It’s like they were facing each other and communicating to each other through the honking sound.

I would also like if I can just communicate with someone other than the doctor. Can I someday ?

I continued my walk and ended up standing in front of the game center I didn’t even know.

I gasped. How is this even possible ? I never knew the way to the game center but, wow, God makes me a way to experience something new.

Now, if only I can take another step to come inside the game center.

But, my feet wouldn’t budge even a bit. Maybe I was too nervous to experience something I never even know before.

I decided. Today I’ll play to all my heart content.

I gave myself some courage and went inside the game center.

Unbelievable. It’s the only word I can think of when I went inside the game center.

I thought it was going to be crowded and full of people here and there. But… What now ? It’s so quiet. SO… QUIET.

I never thought the game center would be this quiet. I guess it was quiet since today wasn’t weekends huh ? I guess so.

I tried to find an empty seat, and if I can, I would also like to play with someone, even though that someone was just a stranger to me.

I walked while looking left and right. Is there any empty seat that is comfortable for me ?

“Hey, tall guy !”

Someone pulled my long sleeved jacket that I was wearing and caused me to look at him.

“Are you searching for an empty seat ?”, he asked comfortably.

“Ah… Yes…”, I answered, still confused.

“There’s so many empty seat right ? Why are you still searching ?”

“Um… I…”

I was too nervous the time he talked to me. What should I say now ?

“Ah… You’re searching for the most comfortable seat, right ?”, he asked.

It seems like he could even read someone’s mind easily.

“Y-Yes !”, I said loudly.

“Whoa. Such a loud voice you have there, and low. Well, you can sit beside me”, he said as he pulled out the chair that was put beside him.

“Can I ?”

“Sure. Since it would be troublesome to waste 4 hours just to look for a seat. Just sit beside me”

“T-Thank you”

He only replied with a cool nod and continued to focus on his game.

The first impression I thought about him was, he’s cool. It seems like a girl reaction, but he was really cool.

I played the game that was recommended by the guy beside me. And, all of them were challenging.

I played for a long time, and even played multi-players with him.

I never thought the empty game center could be this fun too.

“Hey, what’s your name ?”, he asked after finishing five rounds of games with me.

“I’m Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol”, I replied, “And you ?”

“I’m Jongin, Kim Jongin. It’s nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too”

I admired him for a moment ‘cause he was such an easy-going guy, and a fun guy too. It’s the first time I felt very comfortable to talk with someone other than the doctor.

“Well, Chanyeol-ssi”, he said, “I better get going now. It’s almost time for dinner”

“Ah… Okay”, I replied, feeling a bit disappointed.

“By the way, Chanyeol-ssi

For the second time I was surprised the moment he called me.

“I wanted to play games with you again ! So, I hope you can come here every Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoon so that we can play some games together ! And I’ll be calling you Chanyeol from now on, so don’t hesitate to call me Jongin ! Bye !”, he said as he grinned widely and left.

For a moment, I was dazed, and felt happy at the same time.

I got my first friend !!! FIRST FRIEND !!! A FRIEND !!!

The inner me felt like jumping all around the game center, but I decided to keep it inside my heart and let it all out when I’m home.

Even though I have a friend, I didn’t know what a best friend was.

Maybe it was just a friend by adding the “best” word. But, I felt like somewhat, it wasn’t that kind of friend.

Best friend ? I don’t know.

Can I figure it out sooner or later ? I hope I can.

Today :

I experienced how it was to be playing inside a game center, and how it was to talk with someone else other than the doctor, and… I got my first friend.

I’m hoping to find my best friend sooner or later, and experience every new things I never did before. 

 

Notes :

Hello !!! 

This is my second update for my "100 Days" fanfiction.

This will also be my last update before I go for my summer vacation. So, I think I'll update the third day later after going back from my vacation.

By the way, what will you do for summer vacation ? 

I'm going to spend the summer with all of my families. And I think it will be fun.

I hope that you'll enjoy your summer vacation. And I'm sure you will. 

That's all for now.

Thank you for reading my fanfic and have a nice summer !!!

-evdyochanx-