Goodnight Kiss

Ephemeral
N POV~
 
Leo had sat silently, avoiding looking at N. Hours passed by and N got more nervous with every tick of the clock. The sky got dark outside and N was sure he was about to go insane and kick the scary man out of his hospital room.
 
His stomach growled and he blushed, looking at his 'companion' nervously. Leo looked at him for a moment and then silently got up, leaving the room. A sigh of relief escaped from between N's lips. Maybe Leo wouldn't come back...
 
But only an hour later Taekwoon entered the room with a giant bag. He sat it down on a table and started to unpack a lot of random food. It smelled heavenly. N watched as Leo piled the food onto a paper plate and added a plastic spork before bringing it over to him.
 
"Thanks." N smiled a little and began to eat. Everything tasted spectacular. It felt like his tongue was on cloud 9.
 
"Those are all your favorite foods..." Leo hadn't looked at him, he just the tv and went back to being silent. Hakyeon hadn't known how to feel. Leo seemed to really hate him but somehow knew all of his favorite foods. What in the world was he to Leo really?
 
Leo POV~
 
He did his best not to let N notice the small, longing gazes while he pretending to watch whatever boring crap happened to be on TV. Leo forced himself away from the urge to reach over and wipe a bit of food off of N's perfect upper lip. In reality it took all his self control not to kiss Hakyeon until they both suffocated simply out of relief that his lover was alive.
 
He hadn't realized how frightened he had been all night that he would never see that beautiful redhead again. Never hold him in his arms again. Never kiss him again. Well, at least he hadn't realized until he went to get N dinner and had a small emotional breakdown in a broom closet. He had let all of his leftover anxieties about N being missing leave him in the form of hot, salty tears.
 
It was going to be hard not throwing himself at Hakyeon's mercy and confessing everything about their past. Even if he knew it would hurt N to tell him all this. He wanted to tell him. But he held himself back. He couldn't force him to endure all the things that hurt him just because Leo was feeling selfish due to his relief. At least not until Leo was worthy enough to fix his mistakes in their relationship.
 
Ravi POV~
 
Wonshik sat in the livingroom staring down at that stupid pineapple. If Ken hated pineapple why in the world did he make such a big deal about it? Ravi could have kept N company so he wouldn't be stranded in an uncomfortable situation on probably the most vulnerable and confusing day of his life...
 
He heard crashing and Hongbin and Hyuk yelling from the kitchen as Ken came running out with a cutting board and knife. He had the stupidest smile plastered on his idiotic face. It made Ravi want to push him against a wall and kiss him until his brain resurrected itself.
 
"Let's do whatever it is you do to pineapples to be able to eat it!" Ken shouted and tripped on one of his comic books he left laying around, flinging the knife in his hand through the air. Luckily it only stabbed a chair. Ravi was suddenly concerned he would die trying if he decided to kiss the intelligence back into Ken.
 
"You better not have cut my recliner, Jaehwan!" Hongbin yelled from the kitchen. "I am so sick of your crap!"
 
"Calm down honey. I still need your help cleaning up the plates he broke." Hyuk sighed in exasperation.
 
"How did he know!?" Ken screetched and pulled the knife out of the chair, sitting down beside Ravi on the couch.
 
"You left the kitchen with a knife and they heard a thump." Ravi shrugged and ruffled Ken's hair. "The options were the chair or yourself. But seriously you need to be more careful. I don't want to find you dead in some awkward situation and we can't afford to keep replacing the things you mutilate."
 
"I don't mean to! My body doesn't like to listen to my brain!" Ken pouted, his voice loud, and smacked the back of his head on the couch.
 
"Hey. No need to further your brain damage with a concussion, Jaehwan." Ravi chuckled, rubbing the back of his crush's head. Ken blushed and hit him in the stomach with the cutting board. Ravi pulled his hand back and takes the knife and cutting board, starting to agressively chop the pineapple, feeling like he had made the mood awkward.
 
"Sooooooo... Wonshik... You and N huh?" Ken nudged Ravi in the ribs. Ravi was sure he meant to be gentle but Ken lost balance half way through and now he was sure his ribs would bruise.
 
"Guess so." Ravi shruggrd, biting his lip. "He asked me and with his current condition I didn't find it fair to say no. So I'm happy I can help him through this."
 
"Cool. Cool. So you like him?" Jaehwan poked at a slice of pineapple and it slipprf in the juice and slid off the cuttingboard into one of Hyuk's shoes. Ravi was amazed at how much destruction that man could dish out simply by accident.
 
"Hakyeon is precious and really cute." Ravi muttered, feeling uncomfortable with the line of questioning. "But I know you know that. I hear you ing in your sleep. You have a dirty mind, Jaehwan."
 
"You hear that?!" Ken shrieked and covered his face, bolting out of the livingroom. Ravi heard a crash in his bedroom.
 
"Did you bust my stereo?!" Ravi yelled. He knew he shouldn't have put it near the door.
 
"Shut up!" Ken screamed back. Ravi shpok his head and went back to cutting the pineapple.
 
Leo POV~
 
Leo was surprised by how much food N managed to eat. But he was happy he did. N needed the nourishment.
 
Now the stunning redhead was curled up in his hospital bed, eyes closed tight. He had fallen asleep shortly after he ate. Leo had always loved how angelic Hakyeon looked when he slept. Like a small, pure child.
 
He smiled as he watched N sleep. The only noise in the room was their soft breathing and the quiet ticking of the wall clock. Leo enjoyed the silence.
 
After a few hours though, he felt his eyes begin to feel heavy and realized how exhausted he was. Being up all night, worried out of his mind, took a lot out of him. But yet Leo found himself gazing longingly at that sweet face. He wanted nothing more than to crawl into that bed and hold N to him as they slept.
 
Leo sighed as he stood up, walking to the edge of the bed to brush some red hair out of his lover's face. He leaned down to kiss those perfect lips. His kiss was soft and gentle. He didn't want to wake N up. He only wanted to secretly express himself to the love of his life.
 
"Hakyeon... I'm sorry... I'll do better..." Leo whispered as quietly as he can before he goes to the window seat which doubled as a bed, falling into a restless sleep. He couldn't say he loved him yet, even in secret. He couldn't say those words out loud until he, himself was worthy of them.
 
N POV~
 
He woke up when a pair of lips tenderly encountered his. He hadn't dare to open his eyes let alone move. For a moment he was scared but when he felt the emotions of the kiss his heart skipped a beat. The kiss was full of pain and fear and love and those lips felt like they were made for his. N was surprised he managed to keep his heart from exploding.
 
After he heard Taekwoon's appology he was left confused and shocked. Did those wonderful lips really belong to that terrifying person? Why did he feel the urge to both run to Leo and take off in the opposite direction as fast as he could and never stop? What was Leo sorry about?
 
N's mind was racing almost as fast as his heart was. He needed answers. Before he went crazy wondering. It took him a long time to fall asleep that night.
 
Ravi POV~
 
Ken stayed in the room the rest of the night. So after Ravi called the hospital to check on N, speaking with a sleepy and grumpy sounding Leo, he set off to make sure his crush hadn't died of embarrassment. Ken jumped when he opened the door, flinging a screwdriver across the room where it broke a mirror. He had been trying to fix Ravi's busted stereo.
 
"Jaehwan..." Ravi got on his knees beside him and took the stereo pieces away. "It's fine. I'll just get my other stereo from my mom and dad's house tomorrow. It was my fault for leaving it where I did."
 
"Sorry." Ken pouted and looked Ravi in the eyes for a second before he leaned in and kissed him quickly. Ravi was startled as Ken shrieked and stood up. "I am so sorry! I slipped! I swear! It... IT NEVER HAPPENED! YOU IMAGINED THE WHOLE THING! THIS IS JUST ONE WEIRD DREAM!" The spastic man flailed to his bed, flinging himself onto it and instantly pretended to be sleeping.
 
Ken had kissed him... Ken. Had. Kissed. Ravi. Ravi touched his lips, staring down at his broken stereo. Had he really slipped like he claimed? It seemed like something he would do... But for some reason Ravi wasn't sure he believed him...
 
For the second night in a row Ravi did not sleep.