White

Ephemeral
Leo POV~
 
When the nurse came out with news on N, Ravi fainted from fear, causing Ken to start screeching "He's dead! Oh god he died! Someone call an ambulance! Someone get a shovel! It wasn't my fault!" It took Hongbin, Hyuk and the nurse to calm him down and assure him Ravi was very much alive. There was no reason to call an ambulance to bring him to the hospital he was already inside and certainly no reason to bury him.
 
Leo stayed out of the antics. They annoyed him. He just wanted to know that N was okay. He felt so cold, waiting for the nurse to say what she needed to say about his Hakyeon. He silently stared at the door behind which was N, fighting an urge to run inside.
 
"Stop screaming, Jaehwan." Ravi muttered as he woke up. "This is a hospital." Ken apologized and helped Ravi off the floor. Leo noted that it looked like Ravi might die in the rib-breaking hug Ken had him in. But Ravi just smiled and patted his head gently.
 
"Jaehwan was going to bury you in a hole so he didn't go to jail for somehow killing you." Hongbin told Ravi, laughing a little.
 
"Jaehwan what the hell?" Ravi bonked him on top of the head. Leo went back to staring at the door. If they didn't tell him about Hakyeon soon he was going to light the hospital on fire.
 
"Enough playing, hyungs. I want to know what is happening with Hakyeon-hyung." Hyuk chimed in. Leo was glad he had said something. Leo wouldn't have been so nice.
 
"O-oh." The nurse seemed to snap back into reality. She had been watching Ken's dramatics almost as if she were in shock. Ken did have that effect on people. "Cha Hakyeon has woken up. Physically he will be fine but... it appears he's lost his memories." Ken was screeching again. Ravi put a hand over his mouth to quiet him down.
 
N lost his memory? He wouldn't remember who Leo was? Leo sat down. He felt dizzy.
 
Ravi POV~
 
"Lost his memory?" Hongbin looked confused. Like Ken does whenever he does a math problem. Hyuk was hugging his boyfriend silently. Ken was still trying to spaz with Ravi's hand over his mouth.
 
"Is it for good?" Leo questioned. Ravi noticed that he was seated now. He seemed somewhat deflated. Like a balloon with a small hole, slowly losing itself.
 
"With things like this we can never tell. He can possibly never remember again or something can suddenly trigger all of his memories." The nurse shrugged. "You all can go see him now. He isn't critical and I'm sure he'd enjoy knowing people care about him and he isn't alone." They all scrambled to the door. With the exception of Leo, who remained motionless.
 
N POV~
 
N had been staring out his hospital window, wondering if anything out there should look familiar. The doctor said he had amnesia. The nurse said his name was Cha Hakyeon. He wasn't sure about anything anymore.
 
He was so deep in thought he didn't even hear the noises in the hallway. He didn't hear anything until a group of people came half tumbling through his door. He was so shocked by the sudden intrusion that he jumped and almost fell off of his bed.
 
"Wh-who are you?" Hakyeon asked nervously. Were they here to kill him or something? They certainly weren't doctors.
 
"OH MY GOD HE'S BLIND!" The one with the lighter colored hair started wailing nonsense.
 
"Ken. You're stupid." The one he was clinging to rolled his eyes. "The nurse said he lost his memories. He isn't blind. He just doesn't remember us."
 
"OH GOD! PLEASE KEEP LOVING ME HAKYEON-HYUNG!" The one called Ken almost tackled Hakyeon out of bed. He hesitated a moment and then patted the sobbing man's head, chuckling.
 
"I take it I should know all of you?" He questioned, smiling. It was nice to know he had people who cared about him.
 
"O-oh... I guess we should reintroduce ourselves..." A tall brunette with longer hair sniffled and the younger man holding his hand got him a tissue.
 
"I'm Kim Wonshik." The one clearly in charge of the special one smiled and pulled the weeping Ken off of N. "This is Lee Jaehwan." He pointed at the other couple. "The manly one is Han Sanghyuk but we just call him Hyuk and the girly one is Lee Hongbin. We never gave him a nickname because nobody likes him."
 
"That isn't true!" Hyuk protested. "I mildly tolerate him." He started laughing and Hongbin began to pout aggressively.
 
"Y-yah!" Hongbin glared at his boyfriend and Ravi. N felt like someone was watching him so he turned his attention to the door.
 
"Who are you?" He asked the handsom, quiet man in the doorway. N's heart felt like it was beating too fast in his chest. The man didn't answer.
 
"Oh. Taekwoon." Ravi informed N, glaring at Leo. "Jung Taekwoon. You're-"
 
"Roommate." Leo cut him off and looked around the room. "Where is your phone and bag?"
 
"I don't know." N shrugged, pouting. He wasn't sure why but hearing Leo say they were only roommates hurt his heart. "The police said I was probably mugged." Leo's expression got darker and he left the room.
 
"Taek! TAEK, BRING ME BACK CANDY!" Ken yelled after him and Ravi rolled his eyes. Hongbin and Hyuk offered to take Ken to buy snacks and the three of them left.
 
"Taekwoon doesn't like me does he?" N questionsled, letting a sigh escape.from between his lips. "How do we all know each other anyway?"
 
"Our fathers were all best friends growing up. Their wives all became friends too. So we grew up together." Ravi sat in a chair by the bed. "They're all still best friends with the exception of Taekwoon's parents whom exiled themselves because our parents supported that we were gay. Well... And your dad. He died when you were 15."
 
"Oh. Well that . My poor mom. And poor Leo." N was sad he didn't have a dad but he couldn't remember him anyway. Mostly he felt sorry for his mom who could remember and Leo whose parents were probably mad at him for living with his gay friends.
 
"Poor you, too." Ravi reached out to hold N's hand. "You and your dad were close." N didn't like this mood so he decided to change the subject.
 
"So Hyuk and Hongbinnie are dating?" N asked curiously. Ravi nodded and N grinned. "And you like Ken?"
 
"Wh-what?!" Ravi blushed and became flustered. "N-no! Nonono! Ken likes Hongbin!" N laughed. Ravi was almost as stupid as Ken was.
 
"And do I have someone?" N questioned. Ravi's mood changed again.
 
"You would have to ask Leo. He would know." N was scared to ask Leo. He figured he would rather be single.