Beautiful Target

Ephemeral
Leo POV~
 
What the hell was wrong with him?! Why would he tell N they were just roommates?! Leo was smacking his head against the wall in the hospital hallway. He had a chance to start over. He had a chance to be what N had always wanted from him but he let his stupid insecurities brought on by his homophobic parents get to him. Again.
 
He didn't have time to think of his failures at life though. He had to go tell the police what was stolen from Hakyeon so they could recover it. Just because N didn't remember what they were didn't mean they were suddenly not important. Even if Hakyeon couldn't hold those things close to his heart anymore, that meant nothing. Leo would treasure them for him.
 
He went to the police station and spoke with the police, describing N's missing items. His grandfather's old pocket watch, his grandmother's diamond necklace, and his father's wedding ring. After the police station he took the initiative to go search the pawn shops to see if the thief had tried to sell off N's things.
 
He would find these things if it was the last thing he did.
 
N POV~
 
Ken came bouncing back into the room followed by Hongbin and Hyuk. Ken's cheeks were puffed out and he was having issues chewing the wad of whatever was in his mouth.
 
"Jaehwan, you're going to choke hopping around with all that in your mouth." Ravi got up and put his hands on Ken's shoulders to hold him still. N snickered and Ravi blushed, pulling his hands away from Ken quickly.
 
"Awe Wonsik! You're worried!" Ken gushed after he swallowed, and somehow manages not to choke on, his candy. He squished Ravi's cheeks which only made Ravi blush more. N was highly amused.
 
"Hakyeon hyung!" Hongbin came over and gave him some candy. "It's your favorite. Or was. I don't know how this amnesia stuff works."
 
"Thanks." N smiled and touched the tip of his tongue against the candy before popping it into his mouth. It tasted amazing. N's stomach growled. He wasn't sure when the last time he ate was but he was pretty sure it was no time that day.
 
"Hyung, would you like us to get you some food? Honestly we could probably all use some." Hyuk smiled. He was adorable. Clearly the youngest.
 
"That would be awesome. You two go and take Jaehwan with you. He can't survive on that bundle of sugar he just ate or he'll get a stomach ache." N decided. Ken pouted. "I'm keeping Wonshik-oppa though." Ken's pout increased dramatically. N knew oppa was used by a girl for a boy older than them but he felt adorable saying it. And besides. He suddenly had a plan. Plus it was interesting how none of them corrected him.
 
"Wonshik oppa huh?" Ravi questioned with a smile after everyone left. N giggled.
 
"You sure Jaehwan likes Hongbin?" The redhead questioned.
 
"Yes." Ravi replied stiffly, clearly not enjoying the topic.
 
"What if I said I could get you both together in like a week." N was smiling pleasantly. "All you have to do is pretend to be my boyfriend. I can tell Jaehwan will get really jealous."
 
"He won't." Ravi replied simply. His negativity frustrated N.
 
"Then what do you have to lose?" He questioned. "We're young and single, Wonshik. At the worst you don't get your guy and we still got to have fun pretending."
 
"Okay okay. You have a point." Ravi smiled a little. "Okay. Let's pretend."
 
Ravi POV~
 
N's suggestion shocked him. He was sure Ken didn't think about him like that at all but in the end he decided to humor his injured friend. He just hoped Leo wouldn't kill him. Not that he had a reason. But when N was concerned Leo never needed a reason.
 
When the others came back with their lunch, which consisted of chicken and hospital Jello, Hakyeon grabbed Ravi's hand and gave him the sweetest face he had ever seen. The others noticed it and watched curiously. N pulled me down slightly to kiss his cheek.
 
"I'm dating Wonshik-oppa now." He said simply, flashing a bright smile at the others. Ken screeched and dropped his chicken, running out of the room yelling for Leo. Ravi hadn't been surprised. Ken was just weird.
 
Leo POV~
 
After Leo exhausted his search options for the day he went back to the hospital to see N. Maybe he could start over for real this time.
 
Ken almost knocked him over as he ran full force into him, squealing like a kicked pig. He was talking too fast and high pitch for Leo to comprehend but he heard N's name and instantly ran to the room.
 
When Taekwoon reached the room he was out of breath. His chest hurt. The pain only increased when he saw Ravi and N holding hands and flirting. What the...? The he realized what happened. N didn't remember him now... So N had moved on.
 
"Hakyeon. Say ah." Ravi smiled and fed the smiling redhead a bite of hospital jello. Leo stayed away from the group surrounding the bed. N didn't remember him anymore. N didn't remember anything anymore. Maybe that was for the best.
 
Funny how he had known N's mind was a blank canvas but it hadn't actually fully hit him until he saw him happy with Ravi. Leo knew two things. 1) He hated seeing N with anyone else. 2) He could never tell him. Because N deserved better than Leo, who was afraid to even say he liked him a little bit. He had to let Ravi win. It was what was best for N.