Love Letter 1.B

Ephemeral
N POV~
 
On his and Leo's wedding night they congratulated Ravi and Ken on their engagement and went to go start their short honeymoon at the beach. N figured Leo would want to go somewhere classy like Paris but as Leo drove to their destination he explained that N's mother had let them use the cabin by the ocean that they all used to vacation in when N's dad was alive.
 
Apparently N loved the ocean. It was his favorite place to be. When they reached the cabin and got out N was amazed. It was breathtaking. The sunset over the ocean were vibrant shades of pink and purple and orange, painting the water as well as the sky. The air smelled amazing. He couldn't even explain it.
 
Leo carried him into the cabin and let him look around. N felt a weird sensation in his mind. Like something trying to make itself known. He saw pictures of Leo and his friends and him playing on the beach at various ages. He saw pictures of all their parents talking and laughing on the porch. He saw a picture of himself with a man Leo said was N's father building a sand castle. But the last picture frame, one of the hindged triple picture ones, that got to him the most.
 
Leo POV~
 
When N looked at the newest addition to the wall of photos he started to cry. Leo knew what he had.seen. Between a picture of N's father making N and Leo hold hands the last summer he was alive and Leo and N's engagement photo was the last letter N's father had ever wrote him. It told N that he was proud of him. That he knew N loved Leo and that Leo cared for N and that he knew if N never gave up hope, N and Leo would live a happy life together. He told N that the worst pain was knowing you gave up on a love that deep. His dad told him that he could never ask for a better son and he loved him. Leo had all three objects placed in a frame that said 'He always knew'.
 
"Hakyeon are you okay?" He asks nervously, wrapping his arms around his husband from behind. Honestly with N's lack of memories he hadn't expected more than an affection 'aw' from the redhead. He had mostly done it as a tribute to the man that had always rooted for their relationship and couldn't stay to see it blossom.
 
"Not really." N smiles a little and leans into Leo. "I miss my dad... He would have been so happy today..." he laughs a little. "He probably would have been been enthusiastically making us kiss at the reception and probably would have given you a bottle of lube or something as a wedding gift."
 
"Hakyeon?" Leo was confused. Yeah. His dad probably would have done that but N shouldn't have known that with his amnesia.
 
"It's weird." N wipes the tears off of his cheeks and looks up at Leo. "But this place... It seems to have unlocked my memories..." Before Leo can reply N smacks him. "You jerk. You didn't even try to stop me when I was going to leave last time."
 
"Sorry..." Leo looks down in shame but N just giggles and drags him into a heated kiss.
 
"It's okay. You've more than made up for it." He smiles and kisses Leo again. "Don't let it happen again though."
 
N POV~
 
It was so odd getting his memories back. You expect it to be some kind of earthshattering experience but it wasn't. It was just like suddenly remembering an answer to a quiz question that you hadn't actually realized you had remembered to begin with. Just a little 'oh okay' moment instead of a major 'oh my god' thing.
 
The part the really got to him was remembering his father and knowing how badly he must have wanted to see the day N married Leo. He suddenly wished his dad could have walked him down the aisle instead of his mother. He wished his dad could have teased and embarrassed Leo before they left.
 
But being in Leo's arms helped the pain he suddenly felt over his dad's absence. Kissing Leo soothed his bruised heart. The way Leo's thumbs rubbed his hips slightly while they kissed momentarily pushed the whole issue to the back of his mind.
 
N suddenly had an idea. He had always had one fantasy every time they all came here. And it involved Leo. He pulled off his wedding dress and carefully put on the couch, going through his suitcases.
 
"Honey what are you doing?" Leo questions. He almost seems nervous but N just smiles and slips on jeans and a longsleeved shirt.
 
"Get changed. I want to walk on the beach." He informs him as he starts to cram on his shoes.
 
Leo POV~
 
"It's getting dark Hakyeon." Leo tries to reason with his husband. He figured if N really did have his memories back he probably needed to take it easy the rest of the night.
 
"There are flashlights and batteries in the kitchen." N reminds him, going through Leo's suitcases now, pulling out clothes.
 
"It's getting cold." Leo protests but he's already undressing himself. He knew by the determined look on his lover's face that N wouldn't let him back out on whatever sudden inspiration he had.
 
"You'll keep me warm Taekwoonie." N helps Leo get changed and drags his disgruntled husband outside. Leo shivered. The November night air was cold enough without the added chill of the ocean. Whatever N wanted from him, it better be worth the freezing conditions.
 
N POV~
 
He held the flashlight as he walked with his side pressed against Leo's. It was chilly but he knew they would be warm soon. He just had to find the right spot...
 
"There!" N yells in excitement as he sees the place he had been thinking about. A small cave sits on the edge of the beach. It wasn't some spectacular thing. It was only deep enough for two people to lay in and hide from view.
 
They used to play hide and seek there. They used to go there just to talk or to get away from everyone else. When N's dad was dying he used to hide here to cry. But Leo always followed him.
 
He had always wanted Leo to kiss him while they were laying side by side in the cave. As he got older he had wanted him to do more... He was hoping he could get his wish tonight.
 
"The cave?" Leo followed N into the cave and N looked around in wonder. He was shocked that there was no litter or anything inside.
 
"Lay down with me." N takes off his shoes and stretches out on the sand. The waves just barely reached his ankles.
 
"Okay..." Leo takes off his shoes too, laying down and pulling N close to him. They snuggle together for hours under the beautiful moonlight.
 
"Hakyeon..." Leo looks at N when he catches his breath. N looks at him curiously. Even in the dim light Leo was breathtaking.
 
"Yeah?" N replies, kissing Leo's cheek gently. He didn't want this moment to end.
 
"I have sand in awkward places..." Even in the darkness N could tell Leo was blushing. N couldn't help but burst into loud laughter. Leo could be such a mood killer.
 
"Come on. Let's get you into a shower." N giggles as he gathers up their clothes.
 
As the couple makes their treck back down the beach to the cabin N can't help but think about how lucky he was. He had never thought this day would come. But here he was. Married to Leo. Something he intended to be until the day he died.
 
Leo POV~
 
Despite the sand in his pants and the fact he was sure his feet had frostbite he could never be happier than he was at that moment. N was his husband. N had his memories back. This was the best day of his life.