Chapter 8

My Bodyguards: Made In Flower

[JAEIN]

The next day, I went to work as usual and everyone seems to be in a good mood. Heck, of course they are. Everyone’s excited for the party.

“GOOD MORNING, JAEIN!!!!!!!”

HOLY MAMA CHICKEN!

I stepped back in surprise when Seulgi suddenly appeared in front of me with a big Cheshire cat smile plastered on her face. I let out a small scoff at that. “Excited to meet Chanyeol, I see.”

Seulgi shook her head and shot me playful look. “That would be you.”

WTF

“Geez… get over that already. His confession happened long time ago, okay? Or… you want me to cancel your half-day off today.” I smirked threateningly.

She pouted, unsatisfied. “That’s unfair!”

I smiled in victory. “So, go to work now.”

“Alright, alright.” She waved it off and obeyed my order.

After prying the little lamb off, Lizzy approached me next.

Seriously, are they that excited to ‘present’ me to Chanyeol?

“Boss~ what are you wearing for tonight?” Lizzy asked me with twinkling eyes.

“Bikini bottom and top.”

The girl blinked her eyes twice before letting out a rather mocking laugh. “Nice try, boss. Nice try.”

“Wow~ that would be hot! I’m sure Chanyeol hyung will be so DAMN satisfied.” Hearing that deep husky voice, I turned to my left to see Jongin leaning against the kitchen counter with an amused face.

Wait!

“YOU CAME EARLY TODAY?!” I widened my eyes, seeing that he’s already wearing his work uniform.

The lad just rolled his eyes. “Why are you all giving me the same reaction?”

“Because you NEVER come early for work.” Lizzy stated in a matter-of-fact tone. “And today, you came early for the sake of the PARTY.”

“Oops~ I’m getting caught.”

I snorted unbelievably. To be honest, I’m impressed (heavy sarcasm intended).

“Well, putting that aside. Now, back to my question, boss.”

Reverting my attention back to Lizzy, my eyebrows pinched together. “What? You’re still asking about tonight’s attire?”

She nodded eagerly.

I let out a sigh and that’s when it hits me. “Wait! Is it a formal or casual party tonight?”

Simultaneously, Jongin and Lizzy slapped their forehead. Eh? Am I missing something?

“Noona, handphone exist for a reason.” Jongin blurted out.

It’s my turn to blink my eyes this time. “Huh?”

“I sent a text about it already.”

“Oh… really?” I scratched my head and smiled sheepishly. I guess I was rushing this morning that I forgot to check new messages in my phone.

“Never mind about that. Well, tonight’s party is a casual one according to Chanyeol, considering that he only invited his close friends and plus, his parents are out of town.”

I nodded slowly at Jongin’s explanation. “So, basically he’s saying that he wants to ‘bomb’ their family’s villa, is it?”

Kyungsoo came from in front and walked towards us, carrying an empty tray. “I don’t see any harm in it. People say, ‘enjoy your youth to the fullest’, am I right?”

“Fine, fine.” I shrugged it off. “I’ll just pick anything casual to wear.”

“So, you’re still considering wearing bikini?” Jongin asked, wide eyes. Obviously teasing me.

Lizzy did me a favour by smacking his head. “Enough of that, you !” Then, she turned towards me seriously. “You have no choice, boss. You’re going to my house after work.”

…huh?

Why so sudden?


 

[LUHAN]

“What are they going to do this time?” Sighing heavily, I leaned my back at the wall, watching Jaein arguing with her workers about tonight’s party.

Tsk tsk tsk. Girls and their stuff…

“Pissed off, hyung?”

I looked up to my left and saw Sehun smiling cheekily at me. “No, I’m not.”

“But your face shows otherwise.”

Ruffling my hair, I sighed again. Surely, I can’t hide anything from Sehun. He’s like my brother already. “Why are they always talking about that Chanyeol guy? Is he THAT important?”

Sehun then flashed me a playful smirk. “I smell jealousy~”

Pssh… “Cut that out. I’m just annoyed.”

“Annoyed, huh? Yeah, right…”

“I’m serious! Why should I be jealous?”

“Fine, whatever. You won’t be at the party anyway.”

“I will.”

Hearing those words, Sehun turned to me confusedly. “Wait! What did you say?”

“I said, I’ll be at the party tonight. And not only me, it’s the three of us.”

Sehun widened his eyes at my explanation. “ALL OF YOU?!”

I smirked. “Yeah. Shocked?”

“Err… well, a little bit.” He then composed himself before asking. “Did Chanyeol hyung invite you guys? But, I thought you don’t know him?”

“No, he didn’t invite me and Baekhyun. He only invited Jongdae.” My smug expression then turned into a serious one as I fixed my gaze at Jaein from far.

“But, no matter what, we’re her bodyguards and our top priority is to protect Jung Jaein AT ALL COST.”


 

[JAEIN]

“How many times should I tell you I’m not going to wear that, Seulgi?”

“No. YOU.HAVE.NO.CHOICE. Wear this elegant gown or this y dress.”

“No. I’m not wearing both of it! First of all, the reason is as clear as crystal why I won’t wear that Y dress. Second, why should I wear that frilly gown when he CLEARLY stated this is a CASUAL party?”

Lizzy just sighed beside me. “Jung Jaein, casual doesn’t means you can’t wear a gown. Besides, you’re a princess, isn’t it?” She wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

I returned her a piercing glare. “I told you don’t call me that, didn’t I?”

She just grinned sheepishly. “Just for tonight, okay? Just for tonight.”

I heaved a sigh helplessly at Seulgi and Lizzy’s attempt to make me wear the dresses they’ve prepared for me beforehand. I’m now at Lizzy’s house just like what she instructed this morning. And now, we’re in her room, arguing about what dress I should wear.

And I swear I can hear my bodyguards and the other boys arguing EVEN WORSE in the room beside ours. I don’t even know men can also be this persistent about choosing clothes for the party.

“Listen. I’ve brought my own clothes for tonight’s party, alright? It’s presentable enough so, I don’t see the need to wear those dresses.”

I took out the clothes that I picked last night and showed it to Lizzy and Seulgi. Both of them widened their eyes and instantly said “Wow~” simultaneously.

I smirked at their reaction. After realizing they almost gave in, the two girls quickly composed themselves and pretended to be unfazed. Too late, girl. Too late.

“W-Well, yeah. It looks presentable enough though.” Seulgi scratched her head.

But, Lizzy still didn’t want to give up just yet. “Hmph! You’re STILL going to wear the dress that we choose! NO EXCUSES! It’s now or never!”

“Never.”

“Jaein!” Lizzy whined.

Seulgi who got caught for just a millisecond, now joined Lizzy’s plead. “Jaein, don’t you pity us for having to SACRIFICE our time just to pick YOUR dress?”

“Not even a little bit.”

Lizzy scoffed immediately. “Way to go, evil princess.”

“Okay, fine! We won’t force you anymore. Wear what you want. Hmph!”

I smiled in victory when I’ve successfully brings out my stubborn self.

“But first, we’re gonna get you some makeover.” Lizzy announced.

“Okie dokie~” I grinned triumphantly and sat on a stool as Lizzy and Seulgi chose what kind of makeover they’re going to apply to me.

Waiting for them to done deciding, I drank the orange juice Lizzy had prepared for us earlier.

“Alright, princess! Now, close your eyes and get ready for the magic touch.” Seulgi, who was in a gloomy mood just now, suddenly grinned like a maniac.

Bipolar much, huh?

I obeyed their order and closed my eyes. “Whatever you do, just don’t make me looks like an opera actor.”


 

[LUHAN]

“I have a STRONG feeling she’ll kill us as soon as she wakes up.”

Jongdae, who was driving beside me, immediately asked me to keep quiet. “You’ll wake her, hyung. It’s not the right time now. We still have 15 minutes to arrive there.”

I sighed for the umpteenth time at Jongdae’s warning. “That is if the drug wears off within the estimated time. What if she wakes up before we even reach your friend’s villa? I’m not going to handle the chaos.”

“But hyung, you’re also involved in this plan. Don’t tell me you’re not going to take any responsibility.” Sehun spoke from behind, or more like, taunting me.

He was in charge for taking care of the passed out Jaein who was now “wrapped” in a giant box. According to Lizzy, she’s going to be the birthday “present” for their dearest friend, that Park Chanyeol.

While she was in Lizzy’s room this evening, they kind of put some kind of drugs in her drink and after drinking it, she passed out. Her workers were planning to stuff her into a huge, human-size present box and give it to Chanyeol later, or as to what they described it earlier, his “little” surprise.

Yeah, I was surprised at their BRILLIANT plan too.

“Correction. I was FORCED to join your deadly project, okay? Let’s just pray this plan will proceed smoothly. I don’t want to die just yet.” I crossed my arms and turned my head outside the window silently.

Seriously though, I don’t see the need to do all these things just for a MERE birthday party. Gosh! Why do I feel so uneasy?

“Alright. We’ve now entered the neighbourhood. Sehun, tell Baekhyun to get into position.” Jongdae instructed as he drove rpast the high, metallic gate.

“Roger that.”

Following Jongdae’s order, Sehun dialled Baekhyun’s number and moved onto the next step. “Hyung, we’ve entered the location. Let’s get to the-”

“Hnngh! Where… am I…”

.

.

.

.

.

.

SHOOT

Turning behind, I widened my eyes at Sehun who was mirroring the same expression as mine as his phone slowly fell on the seat.

“Hello? Sehun, are you still there?” Baekhyun’s voice can be heard faintly from the still-connected line.

But right now, our attention, including Jongdae who stopped the car abruptly, were now on the moving box.

“Why is it so dark? Where is this place?”

I gulped hardly while Sehun and Jongdae were still stoned in their seat, shivering to death.

JUNG JAEIN IS AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!