Chapter 6

My Bodyguards: Made In Flower

[JAEIN]

As soon as we’re sure that we have fled successfully from the trouble, Luhan and I stopped running. I put my hands on my knee while trying to catch my breath. How long has it been since the last time I’m running like this?

“Where... are... we?” I huffed, still trying to get my breath in track. When I looked at the surroundings, I realised that we’re in a park. A tropical park. Wow! It’s so nice here! With the fresh air and all-

“Why are you so slow?”

Except for that.

Turning towards Luhan, I glared at him and scoffed. “Excuse me, but I’m not an athletic person.”

“I see.” He snickered. “So, all this while you’ve been storing fats and never workout, eh? Well, that’s pretty much expected, seeing how much weight you’ve gain ever since the first time I saw you. No wonder you don’t have any boyfriend.”

My mouth dropped. Seriously?! “Tch. Said the guy who ran away from his own wedding.”

He gave me a warning stare and scowled. “Don’t you ever bring that up.”

Heh. “Like I scared.”

 

Two years ago...

Beijing, China. YESSSSS!!!! We finally made it here! Apparently a customer named Mr. Lu called me and said that he needed our service for his son’s upcoming wedding. Well, I don’t know if this is a miracle or what, since I just started my bakery shop about a month ago. But now, here we are!

“Lizzy! Are you done with the cakes yet?”

“Yes, boss! It’s ready to be served now!”

“Jongin! Sehun! Help us carry the cakes to the reception table!”

“Alright!”

“Kyungsoo, you forgot to bring the muffin!”

“O-Oh, right! Sorry, I’ll get it in the kitchen!”

“SEULGI, DON’T EAT THAT CAKE!!!! HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD I TELL YOU??!!!!!!!!”

“Oops~ I’m getting caught.”

“COME BACK HEREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And that’s how it’s like in the venue. Chaos all over. On top of that, everything is under control. Until the bride and groom arrived...

“Ugh! Where the hell is she hiding at? You’re gonna be dead, Kang Seulgi!” Clenching my fist in anger, I stormed down the hallway to find the culprit who ate almost half of the after-reception cake. Grrrrrrrr!

“YES I’M SERIOUS!”

Suddenly, a voice of someone shouting interrupted my thoughts and-

BAM!

Whoa whoa! W-what’s that?

I halted in front of the private room in the hall after hearing that loud noise. It’s not that I’m meaning to eavesdrop but I’m just shocked. So, I stood there, frozen.

Silence.

“I don’t think this is the right time to pass by here.” I mumbled by myself before turning on my back to proceed out of the hall. It seems like there’s an intense scene going on in the room. And whatever it is, I get the feeling that I shouldn’t interrupt.

“I’M NOT GOING TO MARRY HER!”

What...

THE HELL IS THAT?!

DON’T TELL ME IT’S THE GROOM SPEAKING INSIDE! Or maybe in this situation, we should call it as arguing, eh?

Unconsciously, I stopped again. Now that my curiosity has reached its peak, I tiptoed towards the door and leaned my ear towards it.

“Don’t disrespect me, Luhan.” Another voice said. Err... wait! That sounds like Mr. Lu.

“WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I’M NOT GONNA TAKE BACK MY WORDS. TO HELL WITH THIS MARRIAGE!”

SMACK!

I froze. Then, there’s silence.

Well, I guess someone’s being slapped.

“Miss?”

Hearing a soft voice behind me, I quickly turned around and saw a lady around my age in a black and white waitress dress. Perhaps, she’s one of the maids that were serving for this wedding ceremony. Then, another lady appeared from behind. “What’s happening?”

I blinked twice and tried to find a suitable word to explain the situation. “Err... it... sounds like, a family conflict...?”

The maid from earlier, gasped softly. “No way.”

“This isn’t happening again.” The second one said.

Wait! Again? So, this is not the first time the son and father argue? Is that what they’re trying to say?

BAM!

The door slammed open. I turned abruptly and was met with a pair of doe eyes that were glowing in anger and irritation.

I don’t know whether it’s my imagination or not, but for a moment, that pair of beautiful eyes turned into a sparkling one as it locks with mine.

Oh wait! He might think I’m eavesdropping!

“Err... I’m so-”

“It’s her!” The Chinese boy in front of me suddenly said out. Since I already learned Chinese, so I can understand what he said. “She’s my girlfriend.” He then grabbed my wrist and turned towards his father.

Wait! WHAT??!!!!!

“What?! I- Mr. Lu! I think there’s so-”

“I’M NOT GOING TO MARRY THE GIRL OF YOUR CHOICE BECAUSE THE GIRL THAT I LOVE IS HERE, IN FRONT OF ME!” The... what’s his name again? Ah ha! The Luwan guy then turned to me and stared into my eyes with the most sincere gaze I’ve ever seen. “Right, honey?”

I almost fall for his trap if it’s not because of Kyungsoo’s distant voice calling for me. “W-what? No! Hold right there! This is-”

“SO NOW, WHETHER YOU’RE GIVING US YOUR BLESSING OR NOT, WE’RE GONNA ELOPE!” Without a warning, Luwan dragged me out of the room, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY??!!!!!

“YOU MANIAC! LET ME GO!!!” I screamed at the pedo guy, not caring the eyes looking at us curiously. Oh great, we got the spotlight now.

“Jaein, where are you going?!” I heard Lizzy’s voice screaming. There, I spotted her by the reception table outside.

“LIZZY, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Before I managed to get myself out of the trouble, I was shoved into a car harshly.

“GO!” Luwan commanded the chauffeur.

“Destination, sir?”

“JUST GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And so, the car drifted by, leaving people behind chasing the car uselessly. HELP! I’M BEING ABDUCTED!!

Pulling my wrist out of the maniac’s grip, I sent him a glare. Because he was holding my wrist ever so tight, it turned red. He looked at me with those sincere eyes once again. “I’m sorry. Are you hu-”

“ING WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO BRING ME?!” I grabbed his collar and he was taken aback by my action. I’M NOT GOING TO LET HIM MANIPULATE ME WITH THAT STUPID EYES TRICK OF HIS AGAIN!

“Pfft.” He suddenly smirked. Whatta? “You’re tougher than it seems, eh?”

Pardon?

“Hmm... let me see.” He held my hand that was holding his collar and inched closer.

He’s... not going to me, is he?

“Fair skin, high cheekbones, long eyelashes, dark hazel eyes, pointy nose and...” In the midst of examining my face, his eyes then travelled down to... wait! MY LIPS?!

“GO AWAY!!!!!” I pushed his face forcefully till it hit the window with a loud thud. Hmph! SERVES YOU RIGHT!

“.” He rubbed his head and scoffed at me before turning towards the chauffeur. “Drive us to the airport.”

I crossed my arms protectively and scowled. “You’re... not going to sell me, are you?”

The maniac turned towards me and blinked. Then, he bursted into laughter. Is he really crazy? Wait! Does he know about my identity? Is he kidnapping me somewhere as a hostage?? OH MY GOD!

“Girl, it’s nothing close to what you have in your mind right now. I know you think that I’m kidnapping you but no, I’m not going to do anything to you.” He simply said.

What is he? A mind reader? How does he knew exactly what’s on my mind?

“And you think I’m going to believe that?” I scoffed. “No way in hell.”

He rolled his eyes. “Suit yourself then. Even if I sell you, I don’t see any profit in doing that.”

My jaws dropped. THIS GUY IS UNBELIEVABLE!

Wait! “Then why did you say I’m your girlfriend? And... elope? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

Luwan let out an absurd scoff. “Are you that stupid? That’s a lie of course. I just need an excuse to escape. Besides, do you really think you suit the standard to marry a handsome guy like me?” He chuckled arrogantly. “Keep on dreaming.”

Tch. Seriously? “Oh please... Even if you pay me trillions, I’m not going to involve myself with a maniac like you. Don’t be so full of yourself, Luwan.” I retorted back.

He gave me an irritated look. “The name is Luhan. LU.HAN.”

Ohh...

“Whatever.”

Just in time, my phone beeped. Oh right! I forgot that I brought my phone along. Fishing it out of my jean’s pocket, I looked at the caller ID. Within a second, I slid the green button.

“LIZZY!!!!!!!!!”

“Jaein! Are you alright? Where are you right now?” Lizzy’s voice was heard from the other line. Thank God! You’re my only saviour now.

“Lizzy, help! This crazy guy over her-” Before I managed to finish my sentences, suddenly someone snatched the phone away from me. I turned my head to the side and saw Luhan already talking on the phone. What the heck?

“Hello, this is Luhan speaking.”

“...”

“Don’t worry.” Luhan then stared at me and smirked. “She’s totally safe with me.”

My mouth dropped open. HE.IS.CRAZY!!! “GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!” I wailed my hands in the air trying to get my phone back but that crazy guy is making it harder.

“...!!!!!”

Whatever their conversation is, I’m sure Lizzy was spatting curse words to him because I can hear her scream from the other line.

“Listen, if you don’t want me to send your friend here to Africa, I need all of you to come to the airport and bring all your stuffs along. Your services are no longer needed there. Have a nice day~” He ended the call with a cheerful tone.

Have a nice day, my !

“Now give me that!” I said sternly.

“Okay.” He flashed me a smile and was about give me back my phone when he stopped halfway.

What now?

I gave him a questioning look and that’s when I know this guy is a sly type.

“On a second thought...” His ‘innocent’ face turned into an evil smirk as he secured my phone into his suit’s pocket. “I think your organs may cost more than I think.”

EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH??????!!!!!!!!!!!

And right there, I thought he was really going to sell me or some sort but he was actually ‘forcing’ me to go back to Korea. Luckily my workers caught up just on time with all of our belongings and yeah, it’s totally rude to just leave the venue and my customer hanging.

But eventually the wedding is called off as what the brat wanted it to. Mr. Lu was very furious that he didn’t even give me a call. Luckily, the pay for our service was already paid the day before. Or else, we would go home without any profit. And that’s how my first encounter with Luhan goes.

 

 

“Elope?” I snorted in absurd, remembering the incident. “Eww! Can’t you get any low than that, Luhan? Ditching your own wedding with a lame excuse. Tch...” I snickered at Luhan.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You don’t understand my situation at that time so just shut up.”

“But I’m curious about one thing though. Is the wedding really cancelled? I mean, you’re still in China at that time and it’s not taking long for your father to get you at the airport, considering how powerful he is that he can get the security to drag you home, perhaps.”

His scowled face then turned into a smirk. Oh, how I hate that. “Do you really think I would stay there after what happened?”

Eh?

Hearing that, I tilted my head in confusion. “Don’t tell me...”

“Yes, I’m in the same plane with all of you. You guys are the only one who didn’t noticed that I’m flying to Korea as well.” He finished with a shrug.

WTF

“So... you ran away from home, and then, you work at the bodyguard agency?” I questioned. He nodded.

“AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH!” I bursted out laughing. Man, it’s too funny for me to handle.

“What’s so funny, Jung Jaein?” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows with both hands on his waist, looking like an angry mother scolding her five-year old child.

“Everything is funny, okay? The fact that you unfortunately become MY bodyguard. Pfft...”

“Is that true?”

Huh?

Turning around, Luhan and I were greeted by three shocked faces. Heol...

“YOU GUYS ARE HERE THE WHOLE TIME???!!!!!” Luhan screeched at the three guys that were standing frozen behind us. Kris, Jongdae and Baekhyun nodded.

“We heard everything.” Baekhyun voiced out.

“Is that REALLY true?” Jongdae widened his eyes.

I heard Luhan sighed beside me. “Oh, man...” He facepalmed himself. That made me to smirk satisfiedly.

Oh yeah! Way to go with your ‘secret’, Luhan. Tch.