Chapter 5

My Bodyguards: Made In Flower

[LUHAN]

“He’s my boyfriend.”

I don’t know why but for some reason, those words have been ringing in my head ever since Jaein mentioned it.

I helped her carried the passed out Kris into her room and laid him on her bed. At first, we refused at her idea letting Kris to sleep in her room. Since he’s a guy after all, we told her to bring Kris into one of our rooms.

But that stubborn girl insisted. Heh. Possessive girlfriend we got here.

“You guys know him?” She asked when she was done tucking Kris in her bed. She was sitting at the edge of her bed with a worried look on her face. Worried about her dear boyfriend, I guess. Pfft...

“We’re working under the same company.” Jongdae explained.

Her eyes widened at the fact. “He’s a bodyguard???”

Now, this is weird.

Did Kris lie to this dumb girl or what? “Don’t you know that? He’s your boyfriend and he doesn’t even tell you?”

Jaein shook her head slowly. “Well, he said he’s working for some sort of company but he didn’t mention what kind of work is it.”

Baekhyun nodded, understanding. “Well, can’t blame him for that. He’s just keeping one of our company’s policies. That is, to keep our identity undercover.” He then patted Jaein’s shoulder with a teasing smile. “I guess there’s nothing to worry about, eh? Just, don’t pounce on your boyfriend.”

“We’re downstairs, you know. We can hear everything.” Jongdae’s turn to . I almost choked on my saliva at their blunt statement. EVEN THE EVER PROTECTIVE BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!

I expected Jaein to sort of blush and scold those two but no. Instead, she rolled her eyes and retorted back. “Oh please... if you guys are not living under the same roof with me, I would’ve done more than that.”

This time, I REALLY choked on my saliva. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!

Baekhyun and Jongdae just laughed at her remark.

Whatta?!

GUYS, SHE’S GONNA SLEEP WITH A DRUNKEN GUY IN THE SAME BED AND YOU’RE NOT EVEN DOING ANYTHING????!!!?!!?!?!?!

“Jaein I-”

“Okay. Now everybody, let’s not disturb the lovebirds and give them some personal space.” Baekhyun cut my words and literally dragged me out of the room, with Jongdae trailing behind.

“WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!”

SLAM!

The door slammed shut.


 

[JAEIN]

The next day, I woke up to the sound of someone snoring. I fluttered my eyes open and turned to my left to check on Kris. He was still sleeping soundly on the bed. And comfortably also.

Too comfortable to remind you that that freak is sleeping on my bed! He’s literally sprawled everywhere.

And here I am, having the worst pain on my back for sleeping on the couch. Ugh!

I yawned loudly and looked at the time on my phone. 6.30 a.m.

Stretching lazily, I got up from the couch and went towards the bathroom to take a shower.

Huh, I still feel sleepy as hell. Damn that demon for disturbing my sleep!

 

Last night...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Hearing knocks on the door, I got up from the couch and opened the door, revealing Luhan’s face. I raised one eyebrow, waiting for his next words.

“Umm... I... I just- uhh...” He looked down and stuttered.

What the hell?

“What is it, Luhan?” I asked impatiently.

“Uh... well, I just want to remind you that we’re going to the mart tomorrow.” He said casually.

Umm... Is he dumb?

“I know. I’m the one who told you guys that.” I replied.

He widened his eyes. “You did?” I gave him a ‘seriously?’ look and he scratched his head. “Uhh... yeah. You did.”

I rolled my eyes at his foolishness. “Is there anything else?”

He shook his head.

“Okay.” I closed the door.

 

20 minutes later...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Ugh! Who is it now?!

Opening the door, I was greeted by Luhan’s face again. “What do you want?!” I asked annoyedly. For god’s sake, he’s slowly getting on my nerves!

“Oh well, I just want to say that I’m going to drive tomorrow.” Luhan simply said.

Gosh! “Alright! Alright! Now, can you please go to your own bed already? I’m sleepy right now.”

Without waiting for his answer, I shut the door.

 

10 minutes later...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

OH MY GOD! I SWEAR I’M GOING TO KILL PEOPLE TONIGHT!!!!!

Stomping my feet towards the door, I opened it in rage and shouted. “WHAT?!”

As expected, Luhan was standing in front of my room. Really, WHAT THE HELL DOES HE WANT FROM ME?!

He looked lost for a moment so I quickly said. “I swear if this is not important, I’m going to grill you tomorrow, Luhan.”

I WAS CLOSE TO SLEEP JUST NOW BUT THAT GODDAMN COCKY GUY JUST HAD TO BE THE REGULAR GUEST TO MY ROOM!

“Err... I just want to ask, which mart are you going to tomorrow?”

huh

SERIOUSLY?!

“.” With that, I slammed the door right in his face.

 

That’s definitely a goodbye to my peaceful sleep. I’m seriously going to pay that satan back!


 

After done washing up, I cooked us some breakfast and the mp3, loud enough for only me to hear. Well, I don’t want to wake the others up. As I was done with the toast, I heard footsteps and then, Kris turned up in the kitchen with a sleepy state. Messy hair and all.

“Morning~” I greeted him and handed him coffee as soon as he sat down. I sat myself across him and narrowed my eyes. “Tell me, why are you drunk last night?” I know this guy well. He’s not the type to consume alcohol without a solid reason.

He briefly looked at me and sighed. “My dad.”

With that simple sentence, I felt myself tensed up. Why do I smell trouble? “What’s with him? Did he find out?”

He stared at me with a worried look in his eyes. “He wants to meet you.”

CRASH!

Yes, I think my insanity just crashed.

“Y-you can’t be serious.” I tried to catch a hint of joke in his expression. But none.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered. “This is all my fault.”

I smiled at him tenderly and placed my hands on top of his. “It’s okay. We’ll figure this out together.”

“Whoa whoa! Hold your horses, guys. It’s early in the morning and you’re already being lovey-dovey all over.” A voice said.

Turning around, I saw sleepy Jongdae making his way towards us. I just rolled my eyes. “Why don’t you get yourself a girlfriend, Jongdae oppa?”

“C-Chen? What are you doing here?” I heard Kris asked. “And how did you know him?” He then turned towards me.

My eyebrows met at the center. “Chen? Chen who?”

Kris pointed at Jongdae and said. “He’s Chen. Chen is Jongdae’s nickname.” For a moment, he flickered his eyes back at me. “Wait! Don’t tell me they...”

“Yes, oppa. They work for me.” I finished his sentences, knowing what he wants to say.

There’s an obvious shock shown on his face. I smirked at him and shot a deadly stare. “Now tell me, what is your occupation, Wu Yi Fan?” There, I’ve called his real name.

Kris gulped and chuckled nervously. “Oh well... hahah. I, urm...”

“Spill, Kris. Is it that hard? We’ve told her last night.” Jongdae took out orange juice from the fridge and drank it.

Kris widened his eyes for a moment. “Err... well, Jaein, you see, I’m actually...”

“A bodyguard. Okay, a bodyguard, I get it. Gosh! Cat got your tongue eh, Kris?” I sighed and started to serve the breakfast when Baekhyun walked into the kitchen. I see, all of them are already up.

“So, you’re not mad at me, right?” Kris asked with twinkling eyes. I just shrugged.

“Hyung, hey!” Baekhyun greeted and high-fived Kris.

“Hey! You’re here too?”

“Plus Luhan hyung.”

My ears perked up when I heard that name. Ah ha! Speaking of the demon. “Now, where’s that gu-” As I turned around, a very sleepy Luhan just entered the tiger’s den.

I smirked. “Morning, Chinese boy.

As if just came back to reality, he widened his eyes at me.

“Want to be roasted alive or dead?” I flashed a creepy smile. Luhan gulped.


 

“So, you guys are not dating???”

“Oppa, lower down your voice. People might hear you.” I hissed at Jongdae when we were already at the mart.

“But... why?”

“Well, my dad arranged a marriage for me to an unknown girl. You know me, I don’t like these stuffs. Arranged and whatsoever. So, I told him I already have a girlfriend and I asked Jaein to pretend to be one.” Kris explained.

“But, your act really makes us think you’re a couple, you know?” Jongdae shook his head in disbelief.

“So I was worried for no reason...” I heard Luhan mumbled. But I catched that.

“Worried for what, Luhan?” I whipped my head to the right.

He looked flustered. “W-what? I didn’t say anything.”

I tch-ed. “As if.”

“Jaein, how many times should I remind you to address Luhan politely. He’s older than you.” A voice interrupted from behind.

All of us turned around and immediately erupted into laughter.

“Oppa, who’s that girl? She’s so pretty.” I nudged Jongdae and pointed at Baekhyun who was dressing up in a white floral dress and wig. His punishment for losing the thigh wrestling game. But I swear, HE’S DAMN BEAUTIFUL!

“Hey babe~ can I have your number?” Jongdae came up to Baekhyun and spanked his butts. Everyone passing by looking at them weirdly.

I’M SERIOUSLY ROLLING ON THE FLOOR

“This... is... hilarious...” I managed to say in between my breath.

“Good one, Chen!” Kris gave thumbs up. There was an evident frown on Baekhyun’s face.


 

After all that laughing and Jongdae’s endless troll, we finally finished grocery shopping and was about to go back to the parking lot when suddenly, three black-suited men blocked our way.

Instinctively, my three bodyguards and Kris stood in front of me, forming an iron wall. Hoho~ Kris, want to sign up as my unofficial bodyguard, eh?

“Back off.” I heard Luhan’s stern voice. I can’t see his face because his back was facing me.

“Wait...” Kris suddenly said. “I know these guys.”

Eh?

One of those men stepped out and bowed at Kris. “Master Wu, your father wants to meet you right this instant.”

I slowly tried to process everything and get the idea that those men in black might be the men Kris’ father hired. My bodyguards loosened up, knowing that Kris acknowledged them.

“And he wants you to bring your girlfriend along.”

BOOM

I stood there, frozen.

The other black-suited guy then turned to me and Baekhyun back and forth, feeling confused. “Which one of you two is her?”

Oh! Wait!

Immediately, I got an idea to make my escape. “This is Kris’ girlfriend, right Hyunnie?” I pushed Baekhyun in front and gave him an eye signal.

He got the idea and nodded, flustered. “Yeah, I-I’m Kris’ girlfriend.”

Pfft

I almost burst out laughing hearing Baekhyun imitating a girl’s voice. And I’m positive the chortled sounds behind me came from Jongdae, Luhan and Kris.

Don’t laugh, Jaein. Don’t laugh. “Okay. So, off you go. We’re going home now, Kris and Baek- I mean, Hyunnie.” Leaving those two there, I beckoned Jongdae and Luhan to leave but even bigger problem arrived.

“Wait! Isn’t she the one? Look, it’s the same as the girl in this picture.” I heard one of the men said.

They looked at me and scrutinized my face as one of them confirmed. “Yes, it’s her. But what about this girl?” He pointed at Baekhyun then.

Oh .

With that, my bodyguards returned to their previous iron wall position. From behind, I can see that Kris and my bodyguards are making a secret eye contact and signals to each other.

Then, Luhan slowly backed away and when he was right beside me, he grabbed my wrist secretly and whispered. “I’ll count to three and then, sprint with all your might.”

“What?” I asked, puzzled.

“THREE!”

And Luhan dragged me away from the scene, running to nowhere.