Chapter 3

My Bodyguards: Made In Flower

[AUTHOR]

Luhan was going downstairs after getting ready for his duty. Baekhyun and Jongdae turned their heads towards him confusedly, seeing that he was alone.

"Where's Jaein?" asked Baekhyun.

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, feeling weird. "I though she's already here?"

"No. It's been ages we wait for her. She can't be late again? But, last night she goes to sleep early though." Jongdae questioned himself.

Sensing something wrong, Luhan rushed upstairs and knocked on Jaein's room. Baekhyun and Jongdae followed behind. "Jung Jaein! Are you in there? Jung Jaein!"

No answer.

Cursing under his breath, Luhan slammed the door open. Luckily, Jaein didn't lock it. Looking around, Luhan's eyes widened seeing the opened bathroom door and a figure lying on the floor. He rushed towards the girl and shook her unconscious body.

"Jung Jaein! Wake up!"

He was worried sicken seeing her pale condition and luckily, she was still breathing. Luhan turned towards the other two. "Jongdae, go get the car ready! Baekhyun, take her things! I'll carry her."

The two nodded and did as what instructed. Jongdae quickly went to the parking lot while Baekhyun took Jaein's wallet and phone which she might need later. Luhan put one of his hands behind Jaein's neck and another one under her knee. He carried Jaein up in bridal style.

Going out of the penthouse, they rushed towards the parking lot and Jongdae was already waiting in the car. Baekhyun sat in front while Luhan at the back, with Jaein in his hands. The car sped down the road and straight towards the hospital.


 

The three waited at the waiting room nervously while the doctor in charge was inspecting Jaein. None of them said a word. Later, the doctor came out and three heads perked up. They quickly approached the doctor. "How is she, doctor?" Luhan asked worriedly.

The doctor smiled. "She's okay and I guess she's awake by now." They let out a relief sigh. "By the way, did she, perhaps, didn't eat anything yesterday?"

The three guys looked at each other before Baekhyun spoke up. "She did take her breakfast. But, about lunch and dinner, we're not so sure. Why, doctor?"

"No wonder... Her gastric is getting back to her again. She did came here before because of the same reason and now, it's already the third time her gastric attacking back." The boys were shocked at the doctor's explanation.

"I've given her some medicines and remind her to eat on time. And... by the way, may I know what's your relationship with her?" The male doctor named Junmyeon asked.

They were almost caught off guard when Luhan quickly put up a lie. "We're her brothers."

He nodded. "You guys must take care of her well, especially her eating time. Now, I shall get going." The doctor excused himself. The three guys bowed and thanked him.

 

[JAEIN]

I groaned inwardly as I opened my eyes and noticed the familiar place. Ugh! Here I am again! How come I forgot that I have gastric? Must be because I'm too angry yesterday. That's why.

CLICK!

I heard the door clicked open and revealed my three bodyguards. Three stupid bodyguards. When they entered, I was already getting up and put my two feet down. But, shoot! I forgot about my weak body.

I stumbled forward and before I managed to get my balance, a pair of hands caught me just in time. I looked up to see Luhan stared at me in concern. Oh my lord, his eyes... it's so beautiful and mesmerizing.

But why does it look so familiar to me?

Before I realized, I was staring right into his pretty doe eyes. I don't know why but my heart tells me not to look away. And I didn’t.

"Are you okay?" Hearing his voice, I snapped back to reality.

I cleared my throat as I looked away. "I'm okay. Just... let go." I said, trying so hard to not sound weak. I know I'm weak right now but yeah, my ego takes over.

"Aish! You stupid girl! Don't resist, will you?" I heard Baekhyun snapped. I immediately rolled my eyes.

Then I spotted Jongdae beside Baekhyun. "Jongdae oppa." I gestured my hands towards him to come over.

I can see that he's confused but still did as what instructed. Luhan slowly released his grip so, I slunged my arms around Jongdae's neck. With my cue, he held my hands and helped me to walk straight.

I took a look at Baekhyun before saying. "I'm not resisting, oppa."

I just don't feel comfortable upon Luhan's grip.

"And don't call me stupid."

You are the one who's stupid, my fellow bodyguards.


 

It was a silent journey in the car. I sat in front, beside Jongdae who was driving. While, Luhan and Baekhyun at the back. I actually asked Jongdae to drive me to the shop but got objection from Baekhyun. His reason, I'm still weak and he's not letting me to work in that condition. Huh! Guessed as much. In the end, I just texted Lizzy and told her about my condition.

Suddenly, Baekhyun cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, Jaein."

I nearly smiled upon hearing that but bit back my lip. I have to restrain. Well, sorry but excuse my ego. "For what?" I feigned ignorance.

I heard him sighed. "For everything. For... controlling you, perhaps?"

I scoffed. You really are controlling me, okay? There's no perhaps in between. "Okay."

He sighed again. "Sounds not sincere enough."

I rolled my eyes. This guy knows me too well. "Okay. You're forgiven if you... treat me food. How dare you not leave some food for me yesterday, Byun Baekhyun?"

And by calling him Byun Baekhyun, that's my sign of being angry. From the back-view mirror, I can see that he face-palmed himself. "So, you're angry for last night?"

I shrugged. "Well, it's your fault anyway for getting me into the hospital."

He pouted. Oops sorry~ your aegyo doesn't work on me. "Unfair! Jongdae and Luhan hyung also at fault!"

"Yah! You're the one who said not to give her food. You even said something like pay her back. Why us?" Upon hearing Jongdae's words, my eyes widened. Is that freaking true?

I abruptly turned behind and glared at Baekhyun who was sitting behind Jongdae. "You.did.not.just?!"

He gulped. "Err.... emmm.... I..."

I gritted my teeth as I lunged towards him. "DAMN YOU, BYUN BAEKHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was chaotic in the car with me trying to choke Baekhyun behind and Jongdae trying to drive carefully and Luhan trying to calm me down. Mother father you Baekhyun!


 

"Yeah, yeah. Eat till your heart content, my lady." Baekhyun snickered. I just ignored him and continued eating.

Yasssss, everyone! I asked Jongdae to drive me to a Chinese restaurant and apparently getting the table full of food. Well, that's the punishment for Baekhyun. He's treating me. Fufufu~

"When did you start having gastric, by the way?" Baekhyun asked.

"Since I open the bakery shop? I don't know. The first time I got gastric was when my first day of work and apparently, I forgot to eat the day before. My gastric is not that worse though. As long as I eat lunch or dinner in a day, I'll be fine." I simply answered.

"You should've told us beforehand." said Luhan, who was sitting in front of me. There he goes again. Sounds like he care and all. I don't need your kindness, man.

I rolled my eyes and nodded recklessly. Then, I turned towards Baekhyun in alarm. "Don't you dare tell anything about this to my parents."

"Don't tell me your parents-"

"They don't know." I cut Jongdae's words.

Baekhyun scoffed unbelievably. "You're impossible."

"Then make it possible. This is a secret. Keep it from them. Understand?"

"Why should us?" Baekhyun challenged me.

"Because... I said so." I put on a smug look.

Baekhyun chuckled. "That sentence sounds familiar."

"Anyway, don't make us worried next time. Anything about you, your allergies or whatever things, tell us earlier." Luhan voiced out. I decided to just ignore him.

"Yah! Luhan hyung is talking to you. Respond to him at least. Why are you so rude towards him?" Oh . Baekhyun realized the cold shoulder I gave to Luhan.

"You should be thankful enough, you know? He's the one who carried you all the way to the hospital." Jongdae exclaimed.

My eyes widened. "What? He freaking carried me?!"

Baekhyun shook his head at me. "Look at you, being ungrateful again. Tsk tsk tsk..."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

But, Luhan carried me?! Oh great! This is going to be SUPER AWKWARD. I mean, I'M SUPER DUPER HEAVY FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Let's just pray he's not gonna make fun of my weight later.


 

"Good night, everyone! Jaein, if there's anything, just give me a call."

Hearing my second mom, I mean, my THIRD mom repeating the same goodnight wish, I rolled my eyes. "I know, okay? Must you tell me the same thing every time, Baekhyun mommy?"

"Of course! You're u- wait! What did you just call me?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at me.

"Baekhyun mommy!" I stucked out my tongue and ran upstairs. I heard him screamed and just laughed it off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You really want to be my third mom, huh? Now, taste it!

Just as I was entering my room and about to close the door behind, Luhan suddenly barged into my room.

"Yah! What are yo-"

"Shhh!" He put his index finger on my mouth to keep me shut. Heesh! Which devil possessed this guy already?

"I have something to tell you."

My eyebrows furrowed. Something? What something? He's... not going to make fun of my weight, is he? "Luhan, if it's about my weight, you better not say anything about it." I threatened as soon as he put down his finger.

And now, his turn to look confused. "Your weight?"

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time. "Don't play pretend, captain oblivious."

"Well..." he trailed off. “I don't know what's with your weight but, I'm actually going to say about something else.”

What? It's not what I thought about?!

"Oh. Err... sorry."

That's embarrassing!

"You must have not remembered a single thing about me, have you?"

I tilted up my head as I looked at him weirdly. "Remember you? What are you talking about?"

He then smiled a hundred-meaning smile. And it's hella creepy. "Yes. We meet again, wedding breaker."

Huh? Wedding breaker? Why does that sounds familiar?

 

Wait!

 

This can't be true!

 

"YOU?!!!!!!!"