Chapter 7

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

The day that I had spent in Sunggyu's house was full of boredom at first. Having just one person in a big house easily got lonely, and I had no other means to entertain myself other than wandering from room to room. Hearing the sound of a doorbell ringing, I cautiously approached the front door. Even if Sunggyu was joking about that, I still had reasons to be careful. 

He began to knock on the door, impatient at the doorbell. "Sungjong, it's me Byunghun! Sunggyu sent me here for you!" The man seemed to be getting annoyed at the lack of response. But since I was excited that I had someone to comfort me, I opened the door the instant he tried to barge in. He ended up ramming into my chest, and the two of us fell on the ground. I shoved him off of me and got up.

"Hey, I was kidnapped or anything. There was no need to worry!" I complained at the stinging pain I felt.

"Sunggyu told me to take care of you no matter what, and so I will accomplish just that," he said seriously.

"Umm...okay? How does Sunggyu exactly know you, by the way?" The man's strange attitude bothered me.

"I work in the same company as you under the financial department. Mr. Kim chose me to take care of you, since there weren't any other employees at the same age as you." His voice was quiet and shy, yet strict at the same time. 

We spent most of our time sitting in the living room, watching TV. At least I was. Byunghun just sat on the couch, coldly staring at me. "What exactly are you doing?" I questioned, bothered at his actions.

"Just watching you so that you are safe," he replied.

I groaned. "Why don't we play games then or something like that?

"Sunggyu said I couldn't do anything except watch over you. I can't even lay a finger on you unless it's an absolute emergency."

"What if I demand you to? Then you have to do it since it'll keep me safe," I reasoned.

"How would playing games help keep you safe?" he asked, with a clueless expression on his face.

"Because if you don't, then I'll walk outside and lay down on the street," I replied.

"Games it is."

Finding where Sunggyu's video games were, we played an intense racing game. Byunghun was way ahead of me in the race, so I stood right in front of the TV so that his view was blocked. I heard him complain at my cold trick. "Sungjong, that's not fair! I can't see now," he whined.

"Sorry, Byunghun. You can't lay a finger on me, remember?" I smirked at the impending victory that I was going to taste. However, my preemptive celebration was interrupted by a large force that smacked into the side of me, knocking me into the ground.

"I was going to win!" I yelled out.

"It was a serious emergency that I had to take care of," he responded nonchalantly.

I sighed and carried myself back to the couch. "Rematch?" I challenged.

We spent the rest of the day going through Sunggyu's large stack of games and playing almost every one. He must get lonely, since he has all these games. By the time Sunggyu was back from work, Byunghun and I had a fun day together after bonding. After getting through how stiff and shy he was from the start, he had a bright and random personality.

"How was your day, Jongie?" Sunggyu asked, ruffling my hair in the process.

"It was actually very fun, Sunggyu. Byunghun is very fun to play video games with!"

Sunggyu glared at him for a moment, but I decided to speak up in his defense. "Don't be mad at him! It was my idea to play games the whole day so he wouldn't be so boring..." I pouted, which made Sunggyu's glare disappear.

"Okay, as long as you're happy," Sunggyu cooed. I waved to Byunghun as he left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter