Chapter 14

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

Despite hoping for a decent date with Myungsoo, it didn't go exactly go according to plan. Myungsoo decided to take me out for ice cream, which was good since I had sudden cravings for it. I stood there in front of the rows of flavors, almost drooling over how delicious each one looked. After some hard decision making, I got vanilla, cookie dough, and mint chocolate all on one cone.

"What are you going to have?" I asked Myungsoo, while happily the tasty ice cream cone.

"Nothing. I'm treating you, so I don't need anything."

"Yes you do, I can't be the only one enjoying ice cream!"

"No really, I'm happy watching you eat," he playfully giggled.

"You better eat some ice cream mister, or I'll go back to my office." Suddenly a look of fear washed over him, and he immediately ordered a vanilla cone. It was sort of cute how obedient he was, like a well-trained puppy.

"How's your drama?" I asked, forgetting that I haven't been able to watch it at all.

"I guess it's good so far. It's a normal love triangle sort of plot, so nothing different."

"So you and Sungyeol are the guys fighting over the lead girl?"

"That's correct."

"Who is she?"

"Doyeon." Immediately, I began bursting out in laughter, thinking about the ironic situation. Ice cream almost came out of my nose, but I luckily prevented it from happening. Myungsoo began laughing along with me, and soon enough, we were both sitting there with ice cream covering our laughing faces.

"That was some intense laughing, don't you think?" I asked, wiping my cheeks down with a napkin.

"But it was adorable," Myungsoo said. I blushed a bit at the forward compliment, and continued to finish the rest of my ice cream. We sat there like old times, talking about whatever was on our minds. And when those topics ran out, we just sat there, staring into each other's eyes. As awkward as it seemed, it was quite comfortable.

Our staring contest went on for a while, until the store's doors opened, with the sound of loud voices following. "Sungjong!" Several voices called out. All five of the guys had assembled in front of me, with happy looks on their faces.

"Hey everyone. Why are you all here?" I curiously asked.

"We wanted to visit you, but you weren't there!" Dongwoo said.

"I wanted to check on your progress, but the office was empty," Sunggyu said, obviously trying to hide his actual motive.

"I needed to see my Jongie~" Sungyeol said, while ruffling my hair. Right when he did that, five pairs of eyes glared him down, and he was confused at the hostile atmosphere. "What?"

Sensing tension, I tried to lighten things up. "Well, you guys can all enjoy ice cream with us okay?" I scooted over in the booth, and two butts on each side squished Myungsoo and I towards the window. Woohyun decided to just pull up a chair and sit on the outside.

"Oh wait. I need to get to the bathroom, can I get out?" I tried sliding over the hyungs' laps so they didn't have to get out for me, but I immediately regretted the idea. As I crossed Dongwoo's and Sunggyu's laps, I instantly heard Dongwoo childishly chuckle and Sunggyu was trying to keep a straight face. And as for the rest, they gave the usual glaring response. They could be so dirty sometimes.

"Play nice!" I called over my shoulder as I headed to the bathroom. However, maybe it wasn't a good idea to leave all six of them together in one place.

~~~

When I got back to the table, Myungsoo was missing from the booth. "Where'd he go?" I asked.

"With the she-devil..." Sungyeol muttered. I sighed again at the second time Doyeon had interrupted us. She needed a hobby or something other than terrorizing my time with the people I cared about.

"Oh well. I can still spend time with you guys, right?"

"Of course, Sungjong!" Hoya called out.

"Ooh ooh! Why don't we play a game while we're here?" Dongwoo offered.

"What game can we play?" Woohyun asked.

"Truth or dare!" Dongwoo answered. Immediately four groans came out from the others, and Dongwoo frowned at the mean response. I Dongwoo's arm to comfort him.

"Can't we play? I haven't played that game since elementary school, and it sounds fun now." Honestly, I didn't really want to play the game but Dongwoo's adora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter