Chapter 15

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo

I was so close to having Sungjong time, but then this crazy woman had to get in the middle of it as always. Like usual, I was being forcefully dragged away from the ice cream parlor with her claws digging into my arm. If I didn't know who she was, I would've mistaken her for a rabid dog. Annoyed by the nerve that she had, I tore my arm away from her hand. "Why the hell did you drag me away from them?"

"Because that kid was there," Doyeon said with a sneer.

"That kid happens to be a close friend, along with all those other people there!" I yelled. I felt a bit weird calling Sungjong's other lovers as friends, but the term seemed appropriate enough.

"But -"

"No buts! You're just a sour who doesn't have friends, so you have to pry into my own personal life!"

"Is this any way to be treating the woman who made a name for you? The person who literally made you famous?" She seemed to be getting progressively angrier, but it didn't matter to me at all.

"See, I thought that at first. But I would rather be poor and not famous than have a monster cling to me for my whole life." Doyeon was shocked at the huge insult I laid on her, as no words came out of , just odd gibberish. I turned around and left her, hearing incoherent yelling from behind me as I crossed the street. Walking away, I felt a liberating feeling build up inside of me. It was as if a weight had been lifted off of my chest, and quite a nasty one at that.

I walked back to the ice cream parlor, looking into the large glass window. I could see the six of them still inside, playing some sort of fun game with each other. One of them was placing loads of kisses on Sungjong's cheeks, and the sight made me jealous yet happy at the same time. They looked so kind playing with Sungjong, so kind that it didn't seem possible to hate the nice group. Already, they had been treating Sungjong better than I had, and Sungjong deserved to be with someone that could treat him well. Whether it was me or not, I wouldn't know. With a smile, I pulled open the doors and re-entered the store.

Sungjong

We were continuing to play more games with each other until the doors opened, and Myungsoo walked back into the store. "Myungsoo! You came back!" I yelled in excitement. The others also turned towards him, smiles on their faces.

"How was hell?" Sungyeol joked. I hit his arm because of his disrespect, but Myungsoo told me that it was okay.

"It's never enjoyable, but I'm pretty glad that I'm away from her now," he responded. Sungyeol offered him his seat back, but Myungsoo gratefully accepted the chair on the outside of the booth.

"So what were you guys doing?" He asked.

"We were playing truth or dare! And it was tons of fun!" Dongwoo happily shouted.

"For you guys it was fun. Not me," I pouted in sadness.

 "Aww, did the meanies hurt Sungjong?" Myungsoo said, ruffling my hair with his hand. I moved his hands away from my hair out of annoyance.

"All six of you are always mean." I said, crossing my arms.

"Don't say that Jongie! We all love you," Dongwoo cooed, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"I love you even more!" Sunggyu gleefully said, stretching out his arms to wrap around both me and Dongwoo.

"I love you as long as the world exists!" Sungyeol shouted, reaching over the table to add to the big group hug.

"Me too!" Myungsoo and Hoya said, coming closer to envelope me in their arms. 

"And I love you the most," Woohyun said from behind me. He had moved to the booth behind us and leant over the seat to give me kisses on top of my head. By now, I was almost going to die from all the love that they were giving me. All the arms wrapped around me were beginning to suffocate me, and there were a couple of wandering hands going on.

"G-guys! I'm being a bit smothered here!" I tried to yell, but it was muffled by all the bodies that were crowded around me. Some customers were giving our group strange looks, and I didn't want to get kicked out of the ice cream store for too much PDA.

Eventually, they all broke away from the constricting embrace, and I took in some deep breaths. "Shouldn't you all get back to work soon?" I questioned, noticing that we had been playing games for too long.

"But we're on break!" Hoya said on behalf of him and Dongwoo.

"And we don't have to film until later!" Sungyeol said.

"And I'm the boss!" Sunggyu whined.

"As much as I love you all, we should really get back to our jobs or training and work hard, right?" They all groaned at my advice, but they still got up from their seats. Reluctantly, the seven of us exited the shop and stood out on the sidewalk. I looked up at the sky, taking in the nice weather it was giving us.

Winter was finally coming in, as the first snowflakes made their way onto the ground. They seemed light, fluffy and delicate. Naturally, all seven of us gazed up in awe. The white puffs instantly melted upon contact, and the sight was quite pleasing. However, it was time for all of us to part ways.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter