Chapter 5

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

When we arrived home from our date, my heart was still fluttering. I was awestruck at the amazing date, and even more at the amazing kiss. But all the feelings had still confused me. Sungyeol's kiss was soft and caring, while Dongwoo's felt more passionate and explosive. Both had different feelings, but in the end they were still pleasing to me. In addition, I never experienced the kisses of the others. Ugh, this might get out of control soon. I felt that I was playing with all of them, and I didn't want to be like such a heartless person. It was cruel to have five people in my life (six if Myungsoo counts), but there was no way that I could turn away all of them. Maybe this'll solve itself soon.

Before I went to bed I checked the pantry for a nice little midnight snack. "Hoya, why don't we have snacks?!" I yelled, angry at the absence of anything good to eat..

"Because you didn't buy them!" He shouted back from the living room.

"I thought you bought some that one night that I was sick," I said sadly.

"No, I was sleeping in my room by the time it was night."

"Huh?" The memory suddenly recalled itself. I was in the arms of someone who had pet my head softly, and then had left out the front door. If it wasn't Hoya, and it wasn't Dongwoo, then who was holding me in their arms that night?

Myungsoo

After having a quick run in with Sungjong in the street (there was no way that I was mistaken that it could've been him), my so-called wife was yapping on and on how people were so rude and that they didn't deserve to exist. It seemed like Doyeon thought every human being wasn't capable of being decent. She hated all my friends and all my co-stars, including Sungyeol, since he apparently "posed a threat to our careers." I really dreaded the fact that we had to spend so much time together. Wasn't marriage enough for her?

Originally, my parents and my agency both thought the marriage would be great for us. For one, it would guarantee a secure life for us, and my career would be better since I was married to an older actress with more experience. In addition, Doyeon herself said that she was attracted to me, although I definitely didn't find anything decent in her. But since she liked me, she wanted a legit proposal that would satisfy her needy demands. That being said, we went ahead with it, and the publicity for us sparked. There were cons to it, as I rarely had any female fans from the start. But in comparison, I was offered a lot of roles that I could pull off well, and soon I had a name for myself.

Everything I had was great, except the absence of Sungjong. He had ignored me since the announcement of our marriage, and I knew he just wanted to leave me since I treated him like dirt. The one year without him sent a huge knife through my heart, but I was constantly reminded that my marriage was just a fake. I had no idea what it meant to Doyeon, but she somehow enjoyed it even though I never reciprocated it. I only wanted Sungjong, only him.

~~~

Sungjong

The showcase for Sungyeol's clothing line was tomorrow, and today I spent the whole day directing and practicing for the real thing. The models did their practice runs in the clothing that I assigned to them, and I gave a nod of satisfaction to each one. Although I may have hated to admit it, Myungsoo looked outright gorgeous in his outfit. He still had his cold expression on, but even so, I could barely turn myself away from him.

However, once I saw his wife visit him at the practice, I immediately erased any thoughts at had about him. Her coldness was a huge turn-off to most people, so I did my best to avoid her at all costs. She kept on hissing at any female employee that even laid their eyes on Myungsoo, and I came to the proper conclusion that she was pure mean.

I went to the break room in the building to look for something decent to eat. Food had somehow been pushed to the back of my mind, and now I was regretting it. Finding nothing useful in the refrigerator, I turned around to see a certain prince in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I asked uncomfortably.

"Did you happen to see a phone lying around your house?" Myungsoo asked calmly.

"Phone? Why would you leave a..." I stopped speaking once the dots finally connected in my head.

"Why were you in my house? And why were you holding me?" I asked coldly.

"I wanted to visit you while you were sick to help cheer you up, but when I came in you were passed out on the couch."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "You could've just woke me up instead of cuddling with me," I replied.

"But you looked so cute and peaceful, I didn't want to interrupt it," he said, flashing a smile.

"Who even let you in? And how'd you even get my address?"

"That one guy in a tank top let me in after I told him that I was an old friend of yours. And as for your address, I have means of finding out things."

"You're quite stalker-like you know that?" I hissed.

"But I came to check on you, didn't I?" I guess the fact that he came to see if I was doing well was pretty sweet of him, and I didn't have much to hold against him. Except leaving me for Doyeon. That was a pleasant reminder.

"Thanks for caring," I said softly, bringing the conversation to a close.

I was about to head back to the runway when he stopped me and said, "We need to catch up on each other one day." I gave a visible nod and trudged back to the runway, confused emotions returning to me once again.

~~~

The big day was finally here! I had to talk myself over and over to prevent the nerves from taking over me. It was such an important day to me that I wished for everything to follow through according to plan. The schedule was quite simple, really. Sungyeol would introduce "The Chaser" clothing line, the models would strut, and then I would be revealed as the head designer. Using this fame, I could step my way up in the clothing industry and upgrade from my pitiful office. I could help out with the rent at our apartment, and maybe we could upgrade

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter