Meeting Summer

Memories of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meeting Summer 「Two」  

 

Valentines day. If it held any significance to me, it would only be because it marks four days before my birthday. It’s a holiday created by Hallmark  just to fill the void between Christmas and Easter. Intended to make single people feel like . Sad. Lonely. And worthless. It's bad enough that you see couples everywhere being cheesy with chocolates, flowers and ridiculous stuffed animals.  They just had to promote it on television, radio, paper and any other media as if it were more important than a child dying in Africa.

 

On this particular bogus holiday, I woke up early like my usual Saturdays. Victoria gave me a call, asking me if I would like to have dinner later. Since I have nothing better to do, I mumbled "Ok" and pressed the red button.

 

I went straight to my favorite café, ordered my usual Americano and read the Saturday morning papers. Everything was just boring  and usual.

 

Then  I saw her  there. She was sitting alone, drinking her latte. I can smell cinnamon mixed with coffee and a hint of vanilla that must have been her perfume.

 

God,  she was lovely. No words can express, really. Detailing her beauty would be a waste of time. Whatever I say, would be an understatement.

 

She looked sad. Her big brown eyes were watery. Sad… But still lovely.

 

Then she came up to me. I was surprised. It's not everyday that a lovely stranger just walks up to you  and says hi. And she did. She just did.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter