Negative Ten

Memories of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Negative Ten 「Eleven」  

 

We have already talked about how you felt about Summer, but let's take it to a more literal sense. The sensory faculty itself: the sense of touch. What things do you remember about Summer with regard to the tactile sense?

How Summer felt when we touched? Ah, that is… Well, if it’s absolutely needed.

You don’t really have to go into those little details if it’s… How would you phrase it? Yes, too intimate. We are just doing this in order to map the memories. No need to― 

No, it’s fine. I’m absolutely fine with it.

Although yeah. That did happen once. I wouldn’t really want to scar you with mental images, but yeah. Touch. Summer always felt warm. She always felt feverish against my skin and it really felt comfortable when I held her hand.

I always felt a need to hold her hands. Partly because I fear that she’ll hit me any moment I say or do something wrong, but mostly because there is nothing else that I’d like to do better than hold her. I loved holding her hand.  

Unlike other girls, her hands are rough and calloused because she refused to get her laundry done by machine. She treats her clothes with that much respect; I sometimes wished that I was just a piece of silken scarf. Maybe she’ll treat me gently then.

 …

 Anything else?

Cold. Extremely cold. Painfully cold. Negative ten degrees freezing cold.

When she broke up with me, that stupid day she broke up with me… right after saying yes, it was a cold winter night. Heaven was lapidating the ground with hail despite it being already covered with inches of snow. A person in his right mind wouldn’t dare go out in such weather but as you might know by now, I was not on my right mind. I was thoroughly minded by this goddamn hell of a woman.

She broke up with me. I don’t ... I just... I have no words.  Just a day earlier I was screaming for joy, my heart out on my sleeve, standing on her front door, then BAM! She just broke up with me. I still don’t friggin understand why. God, I would totally pay a year’s worth of my salary if anyone could explain to me this woman.

She said she is seeing another man. Yes, that one. Cho Kyuhyun. But please, that’s just bull. We were practically seeing each other on a daily basis for more than a year. She can’t have enough time to plague someone else when she’s always out trying to ruin my everyday life, can she? …Or maybe she met him online. What kind of guy dates a girl online? He should be some socially awkward nerd with pimpl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter