Equinox

Memories of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Equinox 「Ten」  

I know I said earlier that it wasn’t illegal to date an engaged woman, but I think I went over the line that separates enjoying your liberty and being a total who doesn’t have any shame whatsoever this time. If you may ask how and why, let me tell you about it. I sort of, might have, kinda ... I’m going to hell. Oh god.

 

Dinner was over soon and we decided to go for an evening walk. We were ambling down a street cramped with fishcake, ddokboki, and throngs of people when we passed by this sticker-photo booth. You know the type that you have to insert money into a slot, pose every stereotypical Asian pose you know, edit like Picasso with an unreasonably difficult to maneuver pen tool, and then wait for your overpriced memento to come out? Yes, that sticker-photo booth.

 

To be quite honest, I’ve had three girlfriends before―two in high school and then Victoria in college―but I’ve never tried taking pictures in booths like this, because, admit it. It is corny. I wouldn’t be caught dead in such situation―but of course you have to remember that I've been acting like a hormonal teenager since I met this woman, so that gives me some sort of excuse.

 

To cut the embarrassing story short, we had to line up after two junior high couples (both pairs wearing couple shirts) and a group of four girls (who all sported flashy clothes and wild hairstyles. Sorority girls, I say. I bet they probably call themselves some fancy name like 2ne1 or something like that) before we had our turn at the booth. I ran out of loose change so she had to pay for it even if it was my idea in the first place. Oh, the horror of it all.

 

I was born to take pictures and not pose for them. I looked stupid. How was I supposed to know when exactly the machine was going to take a shot? She was casually lovely in the photos while I had a disoriented look on my face. Thank heavens we looked cute together...Oh, did I say we looked cute together? I decided to stick one at the back of my mobile. I'd probably stick the others at the door of my fridge. They are totally adorable!

 

Now I sound like a high school girl talking about puppies. Great.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter