Opening Up Temptation

Philosophy on Love (Completed)
His eyes drifted to her porcelain legs. “Did you get your coffee?” She asked him. He didn’t answer her. She laughed at how obvious he was being. “Gerald?” She waved her hand.

He was brought back to a reality where nothing was going on between them; a poor realty if he said so himself. “Sorry, what?”

She could see the colour change in his cheeks. “Enjoyed the view?” Kim put her hands on her hips and leaned forward. She chuckled, “I asked if you got the coffee. Orr are you too inexperienced to do even that?”

He turned to face the counter where he was making his coffee. “I find extremely insulting that you keep insinuating I don’t cook. I can cook. My brother owns her own restaurant, and taught me some stuff from his cookbook.”

Kim nodded, impressed by his admission. With his back still towards her, she went behind him and stood on her toes so her chin was on his shoulder. “Well maybe you can prove that to me someday.” She with her cool breath on his neck. Her hands were on his arm and with her delicate touch, moved down to his hands.

She smiled when she heard his uneven breaths. It meant she was getting to him. And it was different for her, almost victorious. According to her other relationships, she’s never had the upper hand, but here she was, controlling Gerald’s breathing. “Are you feeling okay?” Her lips were right at his ear, and he flinched away.

“I’m good. I’m okay, good.” He stammered. This was not the same person he met over a week ago. This could not be the same person who labels her kitchen cabinets. “Are you okay?”

Her hands took each of her finger and caressed it. “I feel perfect.”

He couldn’t agree with her more. She was perfect. The phone rang distracting both of them. “I’ll be right back,” she said and let go of her hands.

Gerald’s eyes widened. Was this what it felt like to be--? No, Gerald Anderson could not be in love. First of all, he didn’t believe in such a strong emotion. This was…lust. He was definitely attracted to this kitten in front of him, but love; no way. He fixed his coffee without being able to think straight. And therefore his coffee was too sweet.

He went to sit beside her on the couch.

“Yes Ate, I have it all under control. We have appointments sometime next week, and heads up on your wedding registry. Time’s running out, so you and Kuya need to go do that soon…Okay…Love you more. Bye, Ate.” Kim hung up the phone and sighed.

“Your sister’s wedding?” He presumed.

Kim nodded, “Yeah, she just figured out that she didn’t have a venue and the wedding’s four months away.”

“Your sister’s lucky to have you. You’re planning her wedding, I’m sure it’ll be fabulous.”

“Family’s always first. Speaking about family, what’s yours like?” She lifted her bare legs and put them on top of his lap.

He put his hands on them, and began smoothing them. His fingers were rather soft and full of secret energy that pulsed through her body. “What do you want to know?”

“Any brothers and sisters?” She said, taking his mug when he offered it.

“I have two brothers and one half-sister. We were close, now we only see each other on occasional holidays. What else?”

“Are you the baby?”

He laughed, “I am far from being the baby, but yes, I am the youngest, biologically. My sister’s still in high school.”

“Wow, glad to know your Dad had it in him.” He smiled. “And your mom? She hasn’t spoken to you? Wrote you letters?”

Gerald sighed, “Can we not talk about my Mother,” he didn’t meet her eyes. “Anyways, I think I should go.” He lifted her legs off of his lap. He knew he’d regret this later, but he wasn’t about to jeopardise whatever was brewing between them with one of his one night stands. But he had to say, if they ever were together, it’d be too hard to leave. Especially if she was as good as she was in his thoughts.

Kim grabbed his hand, “Wait. I was wondering if I could try some things on you that I’d do with Kevin.” He grimaced. “Considering it’s our third date. I may be a little rusty, but I am aware of what happens on the third date, or what you prefer.”

“Me?” He asked.

She smiled, and then crawled on top of him so she was straddling his lap. “Okay, men.” Her hands were on his chest, and his hands on her waist. “So how do guys prefer the make out session? Girl on top, like this?” She leaned in. Right when her lips about to touch his, the last second, she moved and instead her lips went onto his cheek. She could feel a little roughness on his cheek, but it was the opposite of disdain.

“You are crossing the line, Kim.” He warned her.

She chuckled, “And what line would that be, Mr. Anderson?” She said, looking him in the eyes. “I thought you knew everything about everyone. Or is it because this how you guys want it?”

“This isn’t you, Kim.” Gerald said, letting her go.

“Shut up,” Kim whispered, and moved her lips onto hers. What the hell was she doing? This was definitely not her. She colour coded her closet, labelled cabinets, alphabetized movies and books; she was in to romance and great love stories, not cheating on her apparent boyfriend with the guy who hooked them up in the first place. Gerald was definitely changing her, beginning with her new found wanting. She knew she should stop, but she couldn’t it. She didn’t want to.

His hands went up and down her sides, bringing her shirt with him. He could feel the bare skin of her, and she threaded her fingers in his air. A moan escaped from her lips, a noise that she has never heard come from her. She’s never felt this way before, and all because she took a chance. She definitely owed something to this man in front of her.

Her skin was like velvet under his hands, and her lips moving with his picked up its own perfect rhythm, as if it should be named after them.

His lips drifted down to her neck, and she leaned back to give him more access. She was barely holding on now, what would happen if they went all the way, which was not exactly her plan, but she knew she wouldn’t refuse.

Gerald’s palms were flat on her back, smoothing her skin. Another moan, she pressed herself against him, closing any distance that ever existed. And then she stopped, and began laughing. “I have no idea what it is, but you’re vibrating.”

His hand slipped between her thigh and his, digging into the pocket. “Hold on,” he said chuckling when he couldn’t reach it.

She kept laughing, a noise he fell in love with. That counted right, he could fall in love with a sound, not a person. Anyways, he had to lift her leg, touching a spot he’s never touched before, but felt so good.

“Hello?” He said, looking at her smiling at him. “Kuya!!” Kim’s eyes widened and she lifted her leg off of him. “Kuya, I’m busy right now,” he looked at her again, and she was biting her thumb, seductively. “I’ll call you later, Kuya.”

“I guess you’re close with that brother.” Kim said.

Gerald nodded. “Birthdays count as occasions.”

They sat there in silence for a moment. What were they supposed to say or do? Were they supposed to do just go about, continuing what they were doing before the phone call? She bit her lip, and his eyes went on her face. “What are you thinking?” He didn’t care what other people usually thought, but Kim’s been his exceptions in a lot of cases.

She smiled, “I’m thinking...what are you still doing single?” She chuckled.

Gerald shrugged, “No one’s caught my eye.”

“It’s seems like a lot catch your eyes,” she mentioned.

He nodded in agreement, “Just no one who lasted longer than ten minutes.”

“Seems like I’m an exception,” she giggled. “Anything to do with your fear of commitment?” He turned to face her. “Well, you don’t necessarily believe in true love, and I cant read passed those blue, mysterious eyes, so came to believe that you’re afraid of commitment. But please, correct me if I’m wrong.”

“I’m not scared, there’s just no point. Why would you want to tie yourself to just one person when you can have them all?”

“Cocky much?” She .

“Not cocky, just logical. I’m 26, I’m young, successful, why stop all that for one girl? Is anyone even worth ending your life?”

Kim felt like she was personally hit by his words. “It’s called commitment, not death.” She reminded him. “And there’s nothing wrong with sharing your life with someone. It makes it less lonely. And trust, I know lonely.” She looked down, the conversation was going down a path to personal. “I lost my parents when I was fourteen. You can never replace that kind of relationship, not even with the people who you share that loss with.”

“You don’t think I know lonely? Both my brothers are married with kids. We’re not close because they don’t have time for their baby brother. My Dad is busy with his own life to enter mine, and my sister is still a kid. She doesn’t even understand the language I speak if it’s not high school slang. I live alone in a place that’s too big for me, and it seems the only place I’ve gone out to lately is yours.” He was surprised that he shared so much. He never spoke like this to anyone, let alone someone he’s known for two weeks and was ‘dating’ someone.

“Then why not try and have something more than a one night stand?” Her voice was more soft. He stared at her, “I’m serious. I want to know.”

He sighed, “Because I figured, why risk messing something up so bad when you don’t have to? Relationships are messy and sometimes cruel and take so much energy to maintain. And you’re putting a lot of eggs in one basket, so to speak, not sure when it’ll break.”

“If.” She corrected him. “You don’t know if it’ll break. Your reasons are perfectly valid, but for me, I know I’m going to meet someone who will love me no matter what. He’ll love my flaws, my morning hair,” she chuckled, “the way I sometimes twitch, or the sound of my stupid laugh.” She didn’t mean to, but her voice broke and water filled her vision. “And I know love isn’t this wonderful journey, I know there’s going to be fights, and days that we’re going to want to end it. But…it’ll be worth it in the end; all the energy that we put into it will be worth it, because I’m going to have someone who’s always going to be there for me, for better or for worse. Who’s going to making sure I’m okay, who’s going to make smile when I frown, to make laugh when I cry, who’ll hold me when I want to be held, who’ll catch me when I fall. Basically someone who’ll show me they love me.”

Gerald was staring at her intently. He realized that just spending two weeks with her, he wanted to be that person. His heart leapt at that thought. He’s never been interested in a long term relationship, because he’s never really witnessed it first hand, but this – whatever she was describing – didn’t sound too bad. He continued to listen to her. “You know, you probably think the whole non-exclusive, friends with benefits crap is more your style, but when you find someone who you’re in love and who’s your friend, wouldn’t that be the greatest benefit?”

He chuckled, trying hard not to let her sink deep enough, but his trying was unsuccessful. “Now that’s what you call a fairy tale.”

“I’m into that kind of stuff, remember? And there’s nothing wrong with fairy tales. Everyone ends up happily ever after,” she raised her eye brows at him. She laughed. “Look, I’m just saying, that relationships can only last if there’s two people willing to take that risk. And you’re not the only one who’s putting your heart out there or putting all your energy. That’s the point, Gerald. Love isn’t meant for just yourself, you’re supposed to share it…and receive it in order for it all to work out.” She rested her head on the back of the sofa.

He knew was going to regret hearing the answer if it wasn’t what he wanted to hear, but he needed to know. “And does Kevin fit your description?”

Kim couldn’t look at him, “Kevin is temporary, just like you said the first day. But if he ends up more than that, than who am I to object?”

Their gazes caught for a moment, and for that split second, she thought she saw something behind that cool, playboy exterior. Was it vulnerability? They did have a conversation not meant for a couple who met just two days before. She was able to get to know him more, and if she was honest, he opened up more than Kevin did. She liked him more than Kevin, and Gerald seemed like a better candidate for her fairy tale ending than Kevin.

There was silence, but not an awkward silence, he thought. He felt more comfortable with her than any woman he’s been with before. He had to admit it to himself, that there was a possibility he was falling in love with her. He just had to not ruin it like he did to his last relationship.

“Four years,” Kim said. Gerald looked at her, “You asked the first time we met, how long it’s been since I dated. Four years. My last relationship…didn’t end like a fairy tale. I put off that reason, I thought…he’d come to me if I waited long enough.” She smiled at herself, “You’re the first person I told that to. Maja doesn’t even know.”

Not that it was his obligation to return the favour, but he wanted to. “I was engaged once.” He sighed, “I was eighteen, figured we’d be together forever; I proposed, she said yes, then she walked away.” He smiled, “That’s when I realized true love doesn’t exist.” Gerald shrugged, and saw pity in his eyes. “I figured, if that happened to me and it happened to my Dad, what’s the point in trying. One night stands, non-exclusive, beneficial friends seemed like a smart way to go.”

“I admit, after it happened I thought that way too,” Kim began. “But, I had hope. I guess deep down, I told myself that I was worth it, that I deserved better, that I would have better. Four years is a small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness…once I found it.” And she a feeling she found it.

The rest of the afternoon, they swapped stories. The sun went down, and they finished a bottle of red wine she had stored. They laughed, and both of them ended up on the floor. He was sitting upright, leaning against the coffee table, and Kim was lying on her stomach, supported by a pillow. “So you were a geek in high school?” She laughed at his latest admission.

“Not a geek, I liked to read.” She laughed louder, his new favourite sound. “I…I was still able to get dates though. I smooth the ladies.”

“Did you read to them?” She joked smiling up at him.

He nodded, “I read…obviously not really my thing anymore. But I did read, and I believe I even sang.”

Kim clapped her hands, “Yes! You sing, I always knew you were singer, ever since we met, you had the microphone, stage look on you. Can you sing for me now?”

“Pfft,” he scoffed.

“Come on, you have to sing! You can’t tell me you sang, and then not even sing. Come on. Do it!” She ordered.

He sighed, “Okay, but it’s because I like and you’re never going to repeat what happened here, is that clear?”

“Yes, Mr. Singer.”

“Okay,” he stood up and stretched his neck from side to side, hopping from one foot to the other. “He took a deep breath, and then took the remote from the table and cleared his throat. Kim sat up in front of him. “This is the only song I actually know the lyrics off by heart, okay?” He cleared his throat and then started. “She’s starin’ at me, I’m sitting wonderin’ what she’s thinkin’.” Kim smiled up at him. “Nobody’s talkin’ ‘cause talkin’ just turns into screamin’. And now it’s I’m yellin’ over her, she’s yellin’ over me. All that that means is neither of us is listening,” he was making hand movements, getting into it. Every time she laughed, he getting into it even more, throwing the remote to the other hand, getting on his knees during the chorus, pointing at her.

Kim loved every second of it. “Whoo!!!!!!” She cheered him on, throwing her hands up in the air, screaming like she was a groupie.

It was almost the end of the song, and he pulled her up next to him, holding her securely against him with one hand on her back, “Girl, I don’t wanna go to bed mad at you, And I don’t want you to go to bed mad at me.” He was out of breath, and staring at her with hungry eyes.

Kim was up close and personal with him, one arm around his shoulder. She was smiling, falling deeper and deeper into a feeling she knew she couldn’t get out of.

“How was I?”

“Not bad. Nor bad at all. I knew that mouth was good at singing.” She joked.

He gazed into her eyes, “My mouth is good at other things too,” he proposed.

“And what’s that?” She said, looking at his parted lips.

He could always blame it on the wine they were drinking, but this desire, this need was all her. He dipped his head so his mouth could feast on hers. He dropped the remote and held her up. Kim jumped up, and was now being held up by Gerald’s hands. Her hands held his head in place, and she kissed him back, with more passion now.

His tongue traced her bottom lip and she obliged, inviting him in. He ended up dropping her on the bed and he crawled on top her. She pulled him down on top her, giving into yearning. She ripped his shirt open, and pulled it over his body, and quickly began working on his jeans. She climbed on top of him and straddled his hips. She sat up and looked at him, her lips.

Kim pulled off the T-shirt, leaving her more than she’s ever been with a man in a really, really long time. He sat up, and kissed her, stretching his neck up to get more of her. His hands strayed to different parts of her body, with only little clothing separating them. She cupped his chin, and moaned, the sound being lost in his mouth.

His mouth travelled to her neck, and then in a swift motion, changed positions so he was on top, tracing a line down her body with his moist lips. Her eyes fluttered closed with the sensations pulsing through her body. Her breath was coming out in gasps when his lips reached hers again, and she clutching onto the satin bed sheets.

But then the door bell rang. “Don’t you dare think of getting it.” He warned her, devouring her neck.

The door bell rang again, and her eyes opened. She was distracted, and she knew this is not how she wanted their first time to be. ‘The mood’s already changed. I’ll be right back,” pushing him off of her, and grabbing her silk robe, tying it around her.

The bell rang the fourth time by the time she opened it. “Delivery for Kim Chiu?” The man said.

“It’s 10:00, who is this from?” She asked annoyed at the interruption.

“There’s a card,” the man said to her, and held out a paper for her to sign.

She signed it, took the bouquet of flowers and then the delivery guy left

Kim stared at the beautiful arrangement of red roses. She took out the card, and saw Gerald coming down in only his jeans, giving her the sheer temptation of enjoying his muscular upped body. “Who’s it from?”

Kim looked back at the flowers, “Please tell me from you.”

“I wish I could, sweetheart.” Gerald said.

She looked at the card and frowned, “‘Thinking of you. XO Kevin’.” She put the card back with the flowers and stared at Gerald. “Definitely mood change.”

Gerald nodded I pure agreement. He could kill Kevin for this. He ran a hand through his hair, “I should get going.”

“No!” Kim said to abruptly, his eyes widened. “I mean, no. It’s freezing outside, and you’ve been drinking. And it’s late. Stay the night,” his hands began to wound around her waist, but her hand stopped him. “In the guest room.” She looked back at the flowers, “That’s a reminder there’s a third party involved. No need for complications right?”

He nodded reluctantly. “Fine,” he said, and smiled. “Good night, sweetheart.” He winked at her.

“Good night,” she said in her high pitched voice, leaning forward kissing his cheek. “See you in the morning.”