Ice Cream Flavour

Philosophy on Love (Completed)
It was Thursday, about five days since Kim and Gerald’s last physical encounter. No doubt that they both were thinking about their heated kiss, but neither one was about to admit it.

“Okay guys, it was a good class.” She said to her class shutting off the projector and making her way to her desk. The final bell rang and all her twenty-eight students stood up from their seats. She’d normally yell for everyone to sit down, but she’s been changing, ever since she’s met Gerald. “Don’t forget your book reports are due Monday, and also the test tomorrow!”

All the students walked out chattering and Kim sat in her desk looking over her agenda. She smiled; still managed to finish everything she wanted to finish before the bell…rarely. Kim heard someone at the door, and looked up smiling, finding Gerald leaning on the door looking good as ever. “Busy?” His voice was soft like velvet.

She chuckled and her lips, “Was busy. What are you doing here?”

“I’m going to think of that as ‘Gerald, it’s so good to see you again. How about coming inside’.” He said with the confidence she knew he had.

“Come on in, Gerald. I wondered when you were coming back,” She edited.

He laughed walking towards her, “Close enough.” He sat on one of the desk in front of hers. “I never understood why teachers yell to their students of upcoming events when their half out the door, when clearly everyone stops paying attention.”

“I’m gonna assume that you were one of those students who failed all the projects for not listening to those late reminders,” she put everything in it’s appropriate drawer and locked it.

“Actually, I passed all those assignments…with flying colours.” He explained. “And before you assume me sitting in the back of the class with all the stoners, I sat right here.” He smiled.

Kim nodded, and leaned back in her chair. “So what are you doing here?”

“A little birdie told me you went on another date with GQ,” a nickname he picked out for him.

She chuckled, crossing her legs. He looked jealous, and she enjoyed every minute of it, “Yes, we went out, and it was…”

“Nice?” He asked her, amused.

“Great. He took me dancing.” She told him.

Gerald nodded, “Dancing, like clubbing?”

“No…no. Dancing like…” she laughed because it mostly just the two of them swaying side to side to music in the park. “It was clubbing for sure.”

He laughed, “And when’s the third date?”

Kim cleared , “Sunday. He’s cooking me dinner.”

“Nice,” he nodded in approval. “Taking out the big guns. Do you know what he’s cooking?”

She stood up and pulled on her long, white trench coat, “Does it matter? He’s cooking for me. That’s romantic.”

He stood up also, “No, that’s trying too hard.”

“Wow. Have you ever cooked for some special woman in your life before?”

“No; there hasn’t been any special women.”

“Maybe because you haven’t cooked her a meal.” She locked the door behind him, and he took her bags from her. It’s been weird, she’s also leaving earlier than usual. No more Kim burying her life into her work. Another thing she could thank Gerald for. “Or is it because you can’t cook? Can Gerald Anderson even boil water?” She .

He feigned laughter, “Ha…ha…ha…ha, my side are splitting, really. Are you always this rude to people who are trying to help you?” The cold November wind hit them once the opened the door outside. He stopped her from going to her car. “Let’s go get some ice cream.”

“Are you serious?” Her teeth chattered. “It’s sixteen below, almost completely into winter. It’s…not ice cream time.”

He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the ice cream shop that was pretty popular to her students. She groaned when Gerald pushed her inside and she saw more than a dozen of her particular students sitting. “Gerald, can we just…leave?”

“Oh, I always hated when I saw teachers outside school, guess I don’t have to worry about. Wait, but you do.” He had an amused grin on his face and pushed her to the counter.

“Have I told you how much I despise you?”

He laughed, “Then why haven’t you asked me to leave you alone yet.” He leaned against the counter as they waited their turn. “You know I have this little theory. You’re not pushing me away because deep inside, you really like me. You like me so much that you keep replaying that kiss every night before you go to bed. You like more because I’m this forward guy who you know can make all your dreams come true,” he leaned so his mouth was against her ear, “ually, of course.”

She moved away from him, though her insides wee screaming YES! “You are so full of yourself.”

He smiled, “I think you really want that dinner with me.”

She turned to face him, “And why do you think that?”

“Because you haven’t said anything that you want if you win. You didn’t even ask me to stay away if you win, which shows you don’t want me to stay away.”

Kim glared at him.

“Can I take your orders?” The cashier asked.

Kim stared at Gerald who was just smiling back at her. “We’ll have a Strawberry and Vanilla.” He ordered for the both of them.

She didn’t say anything while they waited for their ice creams. Why hasn’t she set those end results for herself if she ended up winning? She couldn’t believe what she was thinking, could she really an arrogant, selfish, cocky guy like Gerald? Yet, wasn’t she dating Kevin? Did she like Kevin? Of course she liked Kevin; she wouldn’t have agreed to going out with him if she didn’t. And he was a…nice guy. But he was definitely different than Gerald. Kevin was more safe, more secure. She knew exactly what she was to him, and who he was to her.

Yet, Gerald was this roller coaster that she wanted to play on all the time. He made things interesting, and every twist and turn was exciting. He made her insides churn and jump up and down, though in the end, it was a feeling she enjoyed. He was unpredictable, which was exactly why she was attracted to him. He was different than the others she dated years ago.

Gerald held out her ice cream for her. “Thinking about GQ?”

Kim snatched it away, “He has a name. It’s Kevin if you forgot. And I was thinking of him. He seems too perfect, like I know what he’s about to do because he’s this cut out version of a movie.”

They walked outside, “And you’re not attracted to him?” Instead of going towards her car, they walked towards her condo.

“Any woman would be attracted to a perfect guy, but I already went through that. I could go for some excitement,” she faced him not, and continued her ice cream.

“Do you know what Strawberry says about you?” They continued walking. “It means you’re orderly. Perfectionist, detail-oriented. Conscientious, ethical and fiscally conservative.”

She laughed, “Is that supposed to be a compliment?”

“You’re also competitive, aggressive, and the take-charge personality. Isn’t that you?”

Her smile faded, he just described her perfectly, and was able to choose her favourite flavour.

“And what are you, Mr. Ice Cream Flavour Specialist?”

“I love Vanilla. It means I’m colourful, impulsive. A risk taker who sets high goals and high expectations. And I enjoy close family relationships.”

Kim nodded, “And where did you get this all?”

He laughed, looking almost ashamed, “The internet.” She sighed and pushed him away. “Hey!!!” He complained when he dropped his cone. “Now you’re going to have to share.”

“No, get your own!” Kim stifled a laugh.

“I did! Actually I got two, I just offered you one I thought you’d like. And in return you drop mine on the ground! Now share!” He ordered.

Kim began walking backwards and stumbled on her heels, falling backwards. Gerald caught her and pulled her up. They bodies against each others. “See, I saved your life, now you have to share.” He said, looking at her rosy cheeks and red nose. She looked adorable, and was ecstatic to have her in his arms.

Kim thought for a moment until she caught her breath. He did save her. It may not have been a life threatening fall, but he did save her from embarrassment. She held out her cone, and he took a quick . “Mmmm, Strawberry.” He took his finger and touched the tip of her nose, and his finger. “You had some on your nose.”

She took a step back and laughed. He laughed also. He loved her dimples on her cheeks, and loved the sound of her laugh. She sighed, and linked her arm through his, resting her chin on his shoulder.

He smiled and adjusted himself for her comfort. On the way home, he stuck his face out, which was signalling he wanted more ice cream. She held up her hand so he could reach it.

They got to her condo, and he ended up finishing the rest of her cone. She took off her jacket, and lit a fire in the fireplace. Gerald took off his jacket, and rubbed his hands together walking towards her. Her hair tumbled down in loose curls, and her profile was too perfect to be true. How could this woman even exist? And where has she been all his life?

“Do you want some coffee? Tea?” She asked, walking to the kitchen and boiling some water on the stove.

“Um…whatever you’re having is fine with me.” He took a seat on the sofa and saw that she was reading GQ Magazine. “Doing some research?” He asked.

Kim laughed, walking up behind him. “Um…no. My sister’s getting married, and I wanted to see some of men’s clothing for him and the groomsmen.” She admitted.
“I’m going to go change,” she pointed to her bedroom, and walked towards it.

He saw that the door wasn’t closed all the way, and his curiosity got the best of him. He walked to the bedroom quietly, and didn’t realize that there was a window on the wall, looking in the bedroom from the hallway. It was perfect for him because is she caught, he was right by the kitchen for an excuse.

He paused and saw her take out a long, worn out T-shirt from her closet, and began undoing her blouse buttons. He knew this was wrong, but couldn’t help himself. Her flesh looked like porcelain and silk if he remembered what she felt like. Her stomach was completely flat, and her arms were toned. She was wearing a black bra with red lace trim, and they looked like they fit her s perfectly. It was like a tease as he watched her strip down.

Kim flicked her hair to one side, exposing more of her body to Gerald. She leaned over and took her heels, and then began working on her skirt. She shimmied them down her hips and took her leg out one by one. Her legs were endless. They were long and lean and looked like she’d be a runner when the weather’s good. She was wearing matching , and the sight of her like this was too much, he had to look away. But not for long.

He looked back, and saw her throw on the T-shirt on. When she raised her arms up, her s were lifted too, and he had to wipe his face to know it was real. The T-shirt barely made it half way down her thighs, and wondered if she was cold. Rather hoping she was cold so he could warm him up.

When Kim began hanging up her work clothes on hangers, he heard the tea kettle begin to whistle and then heard Kim’s velvet voice. “Can you get that, Ge! Unless you’re too inexperienced to turn off the stove,” she teased.

He smiled at her angelic smile and did what she asked of him. Face it, he would do anything she asked of him, and he wouldn’t complain. Right now, he needed a cold, cold shower, not coffee to settle him down. But it seemed like he wasn’t going to get one. And when Kim came out in barely what you’d call an outfit, showing all the perfect parts on her body, he knew he wouldn’t last long without taking her here, right now. He gulped, and his jaw dropped at her beauty. She was too y for both their own good.

I THINK EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN, WELL ANYWAYS THEY ARE BOTH ADULTS! HEHE. SO I'M MORE FOCUSED ON THIS FANFIC THAT FALL FOR YOU RIGHT NOW. I'M NOT SURE HOW TO BEGIN THE NEXT CHAPTER, SO IN THE MEANTIME, I'M UPDATING THIS ONE. PLEASE COMMENT AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK, IT'S WORTH KNOWING THAT I'M PLEASING THE KIMERALD SUPPORTERS. STAY TUNED FOR MORE, AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE STORY WHICH I'LL UPDATE HOPEFULLY TOMORROW. GOOD NIGHT GUYS!