Midnight Madness

Philosophy on Love (Completed)
HELLO EVERYBODY! FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING, YES I AM KISMETS004 / KISMETS003. I AM THE AUTHOR OF SO CLOSE [COMPLETED] AND THE CURRENTLY UPDATED FALL FOR YOU. I HAD TO DELETE SO CLOSE OFF OF WINGLIN, BUT NO WORRIES, I RE-POSTED IT ON ASIAN FANFICS, JUST SEARCH THE TAG “KIMERALD” AND I SHOULD BE THERE CONSIDERING I’M THE ONLY ONE [A TAD EMBARASSED]. ANYWAYS, HERE’S THE SECOND CHAPTER OF MY THIRD KIMERALD FANFIC, AND I HOPE YOU ALL CONTINUE YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT AND READ IT AND ENJOY IT. THAT’S IT FOR TONIGHT, AND I’LL UPDATE BOTH STORIES ASAP. IN THE MEANTIME, I’M GOING TO SLEEP AND I PRAY YOU GUYS COMMENT. I LOVE READING THEM! :D HAVE A GOOD ONE GUYS.

Kim went to work the next day and began writing things on the board. Maja and Shaina walked in. “Hey, so what happened when me and Rayver left? You just took off.”

Kim turned to face her closest work friends, “You could’ve told me he’s a total .”

“I’m sorry if he doesn’t share the same views of romance as you; not everyone can. But he’s cute, right? I mean at least you’ll never have an awkward silence with him.” Maja explained.

“Just more of arguments? Look, I’m not looking for a relationship.” Kim stated, getting back to writing on the board.

Shaina laughed out loud, “Ha! When have you not been looking for a relationship? Isn’t that what you’re constantly searching for? Your very own Romeo, Heathcliff? Someone to sweep you off your feet?” She looked over to Maja, “I’m glad one of us was able to take her out.”

Kim glared at both of them, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear, “Hey, okay, some of us don’t have a husband and three kids at home waiting for you,” she addressed to Shaina who rolled her eyes in response. “And as for you,” she pointed to Maja, “That man atrocious.”

“Then why’d you agree to go on a date with him?” Maja countered, grabbing Shaina’s hand and walking out smirking.

Last night for Kim was actually a pretty good night in her standards. She hasn’t been going out lately, especially to meet guys, but Shaina was right, wasn’t she constantly picking randoms off the street and scoring them on a scale of 1-10; 10 being the most amazing guy she’s ever met and had potential to her Great Love Story she always wanted?

All the guys she has had the decency of meeting had scored a seven to an eight, but Gerald had scored a six – actually, more like a 5 ¾, but you always round up. However, there was something about him that intrigued her. The way his lips curved to create a seductive smirk; the way his eyes stared her down, not in a threatening way, but a y, I-want-you-now way; and also the way he challenged her.

He was what she called a different type of boy that interested her. She wanted to figure out what made him who he was, what made him stop believing in the non-traditional, romanticism that she always believed him. Something inside her flipped when she remembered his phone call last night.

She was asleep since it was 2:43 in the morning, but his voice had that husky, deep tone to it when she had that groggy sound.

[FLASHBACK]
“Hello?” Kim whispered.

“Hey, how are you?” He asked.

Kim looked over to her clock, “Do you have any idea what time it is?” She said rubbing her eyes. It shocked her when she knew who it was without caller ID or asking who it was.

He chuckled in her ear, “I’m sorry, were you sleeping? I just wanted to hear your voice again. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow.” She reluctantly opened her eyes fully and suddenly felt self conscious. He was thinking about her? And like he read her mind, he answered. “I’ve been thinking about ever since you walked away. Those red lips of yours have been driving me insane. The way the skirt framed your curves so beautifully, you’re like the epitome of every women.”

Her jaw dropped. “Um…Gerald…”

He smiled, “I couldn’t sleep; I wouldn’t be able to sleep without hearing your voice. But when I took the napkin out of my pocket, your scent hit me like nothing has ever done before. You’re so beautiful.”

“We just met,” Kim cut in completely awake now. No one has ever said those things to her. She was smiling also, but her responsible self was the one talking. “Gerald…” But then she heard him snickering. “Oh, my gosh, you’re joking aren’t you?”

“I’m sorry. Lesson #1, a man would do anything to get you in bed, including calling you in the middle of night.” He answered.

Kim sighed, not believing she fell for it. “I thought the deal was to prove that there’s no such thing as perfect love, not that men – especially you – can be a jerk. You already proved that tonight.”

“Men want , and they do anything to get it. Tell me you didn’t fall for that.” Kim didn’t answer, which was an answer all in itself. “See; now tell me that Romeo would be capable of that.”

“Romeo would never do that. Look, if you’re done with your games, some of us need our beauty sleep.” Kim said bitterly.

“Right,” his voice was back to that deep and y sound. “Well, I also called to tell you that Lesson #2 is prepared for tomorrow at 2:30. I’ll pick you up.”

She yawned and rested her head against the headboard. “Fine, whatever, is that it?”

“Yeah.” It was quiet for a moment, “Kim?”

“Mmmm…” she moaned, closing her eyes.

“You are beautiful.” He said sighing. “Good night.”

The line went dead before she could reply. But the sudden urgency to go back to sleep went away. She was wide awake now thinking about Gerald. Maybe that was his intention after all.

[END FLASHBACK]

Her class went by rather quickly. She began teaching the period with introductions to literary criticism which should’ve been a review from last year. And then gave them their first book report in which they had to create an analytical essay on the book using a formalist view. The book was Jane Eyre, one of Kim’s favourite books. It’s a conventional Gothic romance, but also about the nature of human freedom and equality; and a story of a woman who struggles for self-definition and determination in a society that denies her of that right. A classic heroine in literature, something she’d like to consider herself, however in reality.

By the end of the work day, she was cleaning up her desk when she heard a man clear his throat at the door. “Did anyone call for an service?” He asked in a playful tone.

She couldn’t help but smile and locked the drawer she just opened. “Is that what you do? You’re a professional ?”

He smiled and walked into her bright red classroom. “Wow, this is not how my English class looked like.”

“Yeah, I painted it myself when I ‘moved’ in here.” I thought it added a nice touch,” she said admiring her year old accomplishment. It took months to convince the Principal to do it.

“So are you ready for lesson number 2?” He asked sticking his arm out for her to take it.

She chuckled. Picked up her bag from the back of her chair and put it over her shoulder, “I’m a teacher, I’m always ready for lessons.” She ignored his arm and walked in front of him out the door, waiting to lock it.

“My goodness, walking through these walls reminds me of how much I hated high school.” He sighed, observing every tile on the wall, the cracks on the ceilings. It all held the stories of what took place here years ago.

“Why? Couldn’t get a date to prom?” She said, making him sound shallow.

He laughed, “Oh, dates were never the problem if you know what I mean,” he raised his eye brow at her. “It was the teachers,” he shivered in disgust, “I hated them.” He smiled in her direction.

“Was that a personal hit?” Kim asked pushing the door open and walking down the stairs. “Well, I loved high school.”

“I bet, you come back every day.” He commented, following her into the parking lot.

Kim glared at him, “It taught me everything I know. Somehow I feel I owe school. Teachers give the best gift, that no matter who you are, it brings you your future; an education. What more can you ask for?”

“A hot date on a school night?” He joked.

She pushed him away by his chest, and was shocked to how strong he was. He barely moved, and it felt like she hit a rock. She opened her trunk and put her briefcase inside. “You’re a typical male,” she shot back. “Only thinking about women.” She sighed and undid took out the clip which was holding her hair up.

She shook her hair out, swaying her head side to side, threading her fingers through it. Somehow, this aroused him. He wondered what her hair felt like, her skin. He his dry lips and looked away immediately. “So are you ready?”

She stared at him with her violet eyes. “Yeah, where are we going exactly?”

He took her hand and they began walking, “Finding you a temporary boyfriend.”