Thank You For Being With Me

Philosophy on Love (Completed)
The wedding day came in such a rush. There were so many things done in a short period of time that it all seemed like a dream, and suddenly it was here. Kim was in the church hall, about to walk down the aisle, and all she could think about was the man waiting at the other end.

“Little sis, it’s time!” Lakam said. Kim nodded, and took a deep breath. This was the beginning of her forever. She got up and walked behind her sister in her white, strapless, princess ball gown, holding her bouquet of white roses. The music began playing as the wedding party walked first, and before she knew it, Pachelbel’s Canon started.

She walked slowly as Gerald’s gaze met hers. She could tell he was nervous and smiled. Before she knew it, tears formed in her eyes.

Gerald couldn’t believe his eyes. She looked like a goddess in her dress, and couldn’t wait until the priest declared them husband and wife; words he never thought he’d ever say. He stretched his neck from side to side and shook out his hand. Kim laughed quietly and he took her hands, bringing her up to the altar.

“Hi,” he mouthed.

“Hi,” she replied silently.

“Dearly beloved,” the priest began. “We are gathered here in the presence of our Heavenly Father to join Gerald Anderson and Kimberly Chiu in Holy Matrimony. We ask you Oh Lord to give them the wisdom and devotion, that they may be strength to each other, a counsellor in troubled times, and comfort in times of sorrow and companions in joy. Grant that they may grow in love together in all the days of their lives. Gerald and Kimberly have chosen to write their own vows. Let us all bear witness.”

The two of them turned to face each other. Kim could feel his hands shaking on hers, and she squeezed his fingers and gave him a smile.

“How I love you,” he breathed as his gaze bore into her. Kim smiled. “I struggled today. I’ve written vows – no – I carefully crafted vows,” he joked, “to…assuage your reservation, but as fate would have it, they were irretrievable lost…leaving me with nothing but the words in my heart.” He paused. “And that’s what I’ll depend on now.” He looked up for a moment in thought. “I’m not like most people,” there was laughter in the background. “I never have been. I was called an outsider all my life and I’ve gotten used to that idea. I mean, I have an active mind which engages in everything that surrounds me. I’m not usually bored in my own company,” he joked. “And for the most part, I accepted the fact that I’d be alone for the rest of my life playing games in the world as I see fit. But then…then came you. Luminous, transformative Kimmy. And you saw me. You got me. And to my utter shock, amazement and profound gratitude…you loved me. And that is the most precious gift and I will never, ever betray it. Thank you for making me a better person, and thank you for accepting me as your husband. Thank you for giving me the endless gift of your unconditional love.” He brought her hands to his lips and kissed her fingers.

Kim wiped her eyes and shook her head when her sister went in to give her her vows. She sighed. “Unlike my husband-to-be, I haven’t lost my vows, but I’d like to change them in the last minute. Gerald, you say I changed you, I transformed you. But that doesn’t compare to what you did to me. You taught me that life isn’t this perfect fairy tale, and as much I wanted to believe otherwise, you told me that there are times when I am going to scream and cry and want to pull my hair out for reasons that I can’t explain. You taught me that life will throw you curveballs, and nothing will end up as predicted. And you showed me that I don’t have to go through it alone. You showed me that I’ll never be alone. And in the few months that we’ve been together, you gotten to know me in ways that I don’t know myself. You’re thanking me for making you a better person; well, I’m thanking you for loving me. You are and always will be my friend, my soul mate, my prince charming, my husband, and my fairy tale ending.”

The ceremony continued, and within a couple of minutes, they were pronounced husband and wife.

EXTREMELY SHORT UPDATE. WANTED TO DO THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I JUST FINISHED THE MOST STRESSFUL DAY OF MY LIFE. SO THIS STORY IS KIND OF COMPLETED. THEY’RE MARRIED, HAPPY AND FORVER IN LOVE, SOMETHING THAT I HOPE KIM AND GERALD WILL EXPERIENCE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT, AND KINDLY AWAIT THE UDATES OF MY OTHER FANFICS, WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY BE SOON. HAVE A GOOD ONE GUYS, AND GOD BLESS! :D