Getting what she wants?

Philosophy on Love (Completed)
OKAY, SO A LOT OF YOU ARE EXTREMELY ANGRY THAT I PROPOSED TO DELETE THIS STORY, SO HERE'S AN UPDATE. I CAN'T SAY THAT I'M UPSET, I MEAN I DID START THIS STORY, I MIGHT AS WELL FINISH IT, RIGHT? SO FOR ALL YOU GUYS WAITING FOR AN UPDATE, HERE IT IS. SHORT, BUT SWEET WITH MORE TO COME. YOU GUYS KIND OF FORCED MY BRAIN TO THINK OF SOMETHING WITH THIS VERSION OF KIMERALD, AND HERE YOU GO. CAN'T SAY THAT'S ALL GOING TO BE BLISS AND HAPPINESS, BUT YEAH...AND I HOPE THAT FOR KIMERALD FANS READING MY STORY, YOU CAN CONTINUE ON READING MY FANFICS, INCLUDING THE LATEST ONE. MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN READ IT WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT ME DELETING THIS ONE. SO CALM DOWN...I'M CONTINUING THIS STORY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IT'S FOR THE FANS AND THE FANS MUST BE KEPT HAPPY. SO MEET ME HALF WAY HERE AND ENJOY THIS STORY, INCLUDING ALL MY OTHER ONES. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, GUYS!!! AND SADLY TO SAY, BUT 6 MORE DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL...MUST SQUEEZE AS MANY UPDATES I CAN! STAY TUNED KIMERALD FANS!!!! AND GET READY FOR THE WEDDING OF THE YEAR!!! :D

Kim ended up staying at his house until the party was over. His brother and sister-in-law stayed and put the little boy, Chris, in the bedroom. “Where’d you meet my punk- brother, Gerald?” Kenneth smiled.

Kim looked over at Gerald who was glaring at his older brother. “Um…it was from a friend of mine.” She answered.

“How long have you guys been dating? Me and Kenneth got married after six months.” Sarah interjected.

“Um…” Kim swiped her hair behind her ear. “We’re not exactly dating.” She replied, never realizing how pathetic or sad that sounded. She looked over at Gerald again, but then turned away, trying to hide her disappointed in her words.

Gerald saw emotion in her eyes. He looked at his brother, than to his sister in law. “You guys can leave, I have it covered.”

“You sure, little bro?”

“Yeah, go.”

Kenneth walked out the door with a sleeping boy in his arms and his wife not far behind. Gerald kissed them goodbye. Kim smiled at how he treated his family. “You’re a great brother and uncle.” She complimented as she threw away more paper plates. “Especially for a guy who claimed not to be close to them.”

He laughed, “Kuya Kenneth and I aren’t exactly the type of brothers who held hands when we were little, but we do talk occasionally, especially with the little bugger who constantly asks me to build him a tree house.”

She took a seat on the couch, “Have you ever thought about having children?” Gerald paused to stare at her. “It’s just, the way you treat your nephew, it’s seems like you’ll be a great dad.”

“Have you thought about children?”

Kim smiled and nodded. “Yeah, you know, I always wanted a big family. Four kids…two girls, two boys,” she looked just above his head dreaming of the day it’d come true. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“So I didn’t. I thought by not answering, that would be my answer.” He laughed. “I’m twenty-five. I haven’t thought about marriage let alone having kids. Remember my social status that everyone likes to call me out on? “

She took a pillow and began playing with the fringe. “I think that’s just a mask.” He gave her the same look as before, the ‘what are you talking about’ look. “Are you saying I’m wrong? I think that you are actually craving for the relationship that I dream of,” she said smiling.

“And what makes you think that?” He asked, putting the garbage away and then taking a seat beside her.

“Because you want to kiss me right now,” Kim said confidently, “And I know that this isn’t just a game right now because if it was, you would’ve been gone by now.”

Gerald laughed and leaned in for the kiss that she knew he wanted. “You’re right, I probably wouldn’t have let you to stay for my nephew’s party…but if I didn’t we wouldn’t have had all that fun,” he raised his eyebrows.

She smacked his hand from underneath his chin. “So, what do you want?” She asked out of the blue.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you spent the last couple of weeks explaining what men want, which revolves mostly around and the chase. But what do you want? What does Gerald Anderson want at the end of the day?” Kim asked.

The question took him by surprise. No one has ever asked him that before. “Why are you asking me that?”

“Just answer the question. What do you want?”

“I want…you,” he said.

She laughed out loud, “I’m serious.”

And so was he. He already lived the playboy life…he lived it for the last twenty-five years, and now he realized how worthless it was. He loved the way he felt when he was with her, he loved the way she made him feel, how easy it was between them, how much fun they had. He loved the feel of being able to talk to her, how well he understood her, the company she was in his life. But because of the way he lived his life, she wasn’t in the place to believe him. “And what do you want?”

Kim sighed, and put her head on his lap. He played with her strands. “I want to live a happy life.”

“That’s not fair, that’s already a given.”

“Okay. Well, I want a lot of things. But the one thing that I do want is my fairy tale ending.” She saw him roll his eyes. “I’m not looking for a knight in shining armour. I’m looking for someone who can make me smile; who can give me one look and make all my bad thoughts go away. I want someone who I can tell loves me with the way he looks at me; who tells me he loves me everyday even though we fight.”

“There’s fighting in the fairy tale ending?”

She smiled, “Yes. I don’t know any fairy tales without any problems. And plus. That just means there’s always a solution and a happy ending. We’d never go to bed angry. But there’s also one last thing that every fairy tale needs.”

He took her hands in his and intertwined their fingers. “And what’s that?”

“True Love’s Kiss,” she said, reaching up and pressing her lips against his.

He laughed, “Does that mean I’m your true love?” He didn’t realize how much he wanted the answer to be yes.

Kim shrugged, “Possibly. I don’t exactly have a lot to work with. But you are definitely a candidate. That is if you stay long enough to see the ending.”

“Eh…I’m not a big fan of fairy tales. I am a guy.” He replied. Her face fell and so did her enthusiasm. “Hey,” he said touching her chin. “That wasn’t a no.”

“Well, it wasn’t a yes either.”

“Do you always get your way?” He asked, smiling down at her.

She bit her lip, “Most of the time.”