Seventeen

You're Annoying !!

A month had past and it was the day Namjoo got her result. The exam finally ended after a week of suffers (study). Lay would sometimes help her with some problems she was troubled at. As a brother, Suho was kind of worried of her condition. She didn’t get enough sleep or food but it was much better than last time. Namjoo being the stubborn kid won’t hear her brother’s nags and instead locked the door of her room so he wouldn’t bother her.

By now, the second floor was filled with murmurs, whines and whimpers. Some of them were crying and some were squealing while holding a test result in their hands. Yup, they all already got their own result at the first period. After the bell of recess time, both Suho and Lay rushed to the second floor to meet Namjoo to ask her about the result.

But to their bewilderment, the girl was missing….

“Where is that girl?” Suho mumbled as he looked around the hall. Lay was trailing behind him as he also did the same as Suho. His head was moving from left to right to find the mentioned girl. When they checked on her class, her friends said that she left earlier.

“Where is she going anyway? Did she tell the result to her friends first instead of me?” Suho frowned, feelling unsatisfied. Lay kept quiet.

“No she didn’t” A voice interrupted. Both of them turned around to see Chorong and Hayoung approached them.

“You didn’t see her either?” Suho asked and both girls shook their heads

“We checked her classroom but she was nowhere” Hayoung sighed

Something’s wrong

Lay thought was snapped when he saw Yoo Sungjae, Namjoo’s bestfriend that he often saw her with.

“Uhm” Lay greeted SungJae hesitantly as the boy walked passed him. SungJae stopped on his track and innocently blinked his eyes.

“Yes?”

“SungJae did you see Namjoo?” Suho asked him quickly before Lay could. He was worried about her sister of course. The girl’s sudden missing made him panicked.

“Namjoo?” SungJae questioned “Ah, she said she wants to meet you just now. She… didn’t?”

“She told you that?” Chorong asked and SungJae nodded firmly. “I didn’t meet her once today” Chorong whispered

“Does anyone talked about Namjoo?” Suddenly a brown-haired boy appeared out of nowhere with a mushroom-haired boy, grinning like a stupid maniac.

“You know where she is?” Suho asked, ignoring how creepy they look like right then.

“Before I told you anything, let us introduce our name. I’m Jimin and he is----“

“---Taehyung!” The boy beamed and made a pouty face. Jimin followed suit with bbiung bbuing. Everyone face palmed at their faces at the embarrassing action.

“Okay whatever, I just want to know where my sister is” Suho huffed

“Well…” JImin started as he nudged Taehyung

“We saw her running along her hallway and wanted to approach her but she just bumped into us and HELL it was hurt like hell. My arms felt like breaking because damned she was so strong and I-----ummmfttt” His voice got muffled as Jimin cupped his palm over the latter’s mouth.

“So she bumped into us and bowed while apologizing. I was not sure about this but I think I just saw tears. She was covering ---“

“---and her eyes were red. It looks like she just broke up with her boyfriend” Taehyung said slowly and shook his head “Tch, poor girl”

“She cries? Do you know where’s she heading to?” Panicked, Suho gripped Jimin’s shoulder and shook him furiously.

“Suho!” Lay warned and hold onto Suho’s arm, motioning him to release the whimpered boy. Suho finally calmed down and breathed in.

“Where is she? Where is my sister?”

 

The gym was filled with the sound of her crying. Namjoo was sitting on the corner of the gym. She hugged her knees tightly into her chest as she buried her face in her arms. The gym was dim. Only the sound of her sobs was echoed in the gym.

Namjoo felt terrible. She felt useless. All the time she scarified just to study was a waste. She didn’t reach her target. She just embarrassed herself for being over confident about the target. She thought she could do it within a month but Lay was right. It’s impossible, even after what she had done just for the exam.

For Suho and her friends, the result was more than enough but for her? No. It’s not enough to impress Lay. How could she face him right now? Lay must be disappointed at her, after what he did for her for the whole month. She felt so stupid for making the deal.

Namjoo cried

She felt like dying

 

Suho and the others already stood in front of the gym. The president was about to step in but Lay held him back.

“Let me”

“She’s my sister” He stated firmly

“I know but… please let me do it. This is my fault”

“Why is it your fault?”

“You know what I meant Joon, forgive me” Lay entered the gym room before Suho could protest.

“Yah Lay---“

“Let him be Suho” Chorong said firmly as she held Suho’s arm. Suho could only sigh and stared the gym door.

“Why unnie is so upset about her result? She never cared about it anyway” Hayoung muttered and Chorong glanced at her, motioning her to shut up.

 

“Namjoo” A familiar voice greeted her. Namjoo didn’t look up to see who it was. She was ashamed to meet the person’s eyes or his face.

“Joo” Lay called again as he kneeled down on one knee in front of her. “It’s okay Joo” He convinced but Namjoo shook her head. Finally she looked up to meet his eyes.

“This is ridiculous”

“You’ve tried” He patted her head lightly.

“It’s embarrassing”

“Why?”

“I embarrassed myself in front of you. I didn’t reach the target oppa. I make you disappointed” Namjoo stared sobbing.

“Who said I’m disappointed on you?” Lay frowned, her soft hair before cupping her face.

“I said. You have done a lot to help me but still, I’m too stupid. I was born to be stupid am I?” The tears start flowing down her cheeks like a waterfall.

“Don’t say that” Lay sighed “You have done great okay. I watched how you tried hard on the exam. That was enough for me” He smiled genuinely at her.

Namjoo pouted “I’m still disappointed on myself”

“Why?”

“I won’t able to get your kiss” Namjoo sobbed and Lay chuckled softly. He wiped the tears with his thumb

“What’s your position anyway? You didn’t tell us”

“52”

“That’s great!”

“I know but still, I need to reach 50 and above” She said sadly as she stared down at her shoes.

“Hey look at me” Lay told and she lifted her head up, only to feel a soft lip landed on her nose. Namjoo’s eyes widened. She stared at Lay’s closed eyes as she froze.

Lay pulled away slowly “There. Better now?” He smiled but Namjoo still froze, unable to process what had happen. Lay just kissed her nose even though she didn’t reach the target but…

“Isn’t the deal is suppose to be on the cheek?” Namjoo muttered

“You will get it, if only you reach the target on final exam” He told and Namjoo pouted sadly

“I don’t want to study anymore”

“Well, you have to”

“I know”

 

“What takes him so long? I’m just going to barge in--- Namjoo!” Suho shrieked as he attacked his sister with hug as soon as she came out with Lay. “Namjoo are you okay? Is your position that bad? It’s okay Joo, you did a great job. You don’t have to be upset----“

“Oppa, you’re rambling again” Namjoo stopped him

“I’m sorry. I’m just worried” Suho sighed, taking his sister into his embrace once again “I’m sorry I force you to do all of these. I’m a bad brother” The brother buried his face against his sister’s hair.

“You have no idea how grateful I am to have a great brother like you. You are the best oppa in the whole wide world” Namjoo said, patting his brother’s back in comfort manner.

“This is so touching” Jimin –who only god knew when he appeared- teared up at the scene, wiping his tears away with his tie as he watched the sibling hugging.

“I know right” Taehyung cried dramatically and rested his forehead on Jimin‘s shoulder.

“Shut it you two” Chorong rolled her eyes at the two idiots.


“I have to what?!”

“Urm…be the main actor for the musical for this year…?” Mr. Kim -the vocal teacher and also the one who sponsored the Music Club- unsure that he should repeat himself, which obviously made the girl’s face flustered. He was startled since the girl abruptly stood up from her seat after he told her the so-called great news.

“Come on. It’s not that bad” Mr. Kim gave a sheepish grin and Eunji choked out in disbelief.

“Not that bad? You’re seriously telling me that?” Eunji gaped

“Hey, call yourself lucky because I’m choosing to be the main actor” Mr. Kim blinked innocently

“I appreciate it Mr. Kim but I’ll be more appreciate it if you find someone else” Eunji told him but her voice is as if she was threatening him.

“B-But, I don’t have anyone else beside you!” He exclaimed

Eunji rolled her eyes “The last time I checked, Luna is still exist and plus she’s also a vocal student. Why don’t you give a chance to her this year?”

“That’s the problem dear” He sighed “Luna was supposed to be the main actor but her condition isn’t stable right now. You do know about her accident and she almost broke her leg. She has just been discharged last week. I can’t just visit her and say ‘hey Luna, be the main actor for this year. No worry, your legs won’t broke if your act for hours on the stage’”

Eunji raised an eyebrow and Mr. Kim quickly cleared his throat after he realized that he had embarrassed himself in front of his student

“So what do you think? You agree now?”

“Still no” She casually answered, pretending to play with her nails

“What?? Don’t you pity me? Your only vocal teacher here is having a hard time finding the best student, which is YOU but you reject?! You reject my offer?! Do you know I sacrifice my time just for you huh? Do you know huh?”

“Mr. Kim stop it” Eunji rolled her eyes “It’s annoying”

“And now you call me annoying?! How could you?” He gaped and hit his chest continuously with his fist, showing his ‘hurt’ face to her. Don’t want him to act more dramatically, Eunji sighed and rubbed her temple.

“Fine” She breathed “Fine. I will do it” Eunji finally agreed causing Mr. Kim to grin from ear to ear.

“GREAT! THANK YOU! YOU’RE MY FAVOURITE VOCAL STUDENT EVER AND I LOVE YOU SOOO----“

“Stop it before I changed mind” That made Mr. Kim shut his mouth. “Tell me when the practice will start”

“Hmm, today sharp at 3 I want to see you in the hall okay?” He informed and Eunji nodded, standing up as she bowed her head before exiting Mr. Kim’s room silently.

Eunji let out a tired sigh after she closed the door behind her. Why was she even being forced to do something she doesn’t like? The thing she likes is only singing and of course sleeping too. But acting? She didn’t even know how to act.

But doing something she never did before can create an experience. Trying something new isn’t that bad right? It’s not like Mr. Kim asked her to do something weird. Just acting.

Yeah, it is not that bad

 

She takes back her word.

This is SERIOUSLY A BAD IDEA. Now she regretted agreeing on Mr. Kim offer, especially when she found out that her partner is The Annoying Guy aka BYUN BAEKHYUN.

Standing in front of her, is a guy she annoyed the most and the guy who she didn’t expect to be here. A playful smirk plastered on his handsome face as he waved the familiar script book beside his head.

“Hello…partner”

 “You’re kidding me” Eunji choked as fanning her face with her hand, feeling hot all of sudden.

“The truth is in front of you, sweetie” He said, stepping closer towards her. Eunji made a few step back and sent him a glare.

“Isn’t this great? We can spend much more time together” Baekhyun grinned as he winked flirtatiously. Eunji scoffed and pushed his forehead away lightly.

“Don’t ever dream about it”

“But it’s already a reality. I live in the same roof with you, study in the same school with you and we joined the same club. PLUS, we will have a busy schedule because of this musical MEANS we will see each other more because of the practices and rehearsal” He smirked

“It’s not like I want this to happen” Eunji rolled her eyes

“Seems like luck is on your side, having a handsome man willing to spend more time with you” Baekhyun shrugged but the playful smirk was still plastered on his face.

“Bull”

“Oh I see you two get along” A voice interrupted them and their head automatically turned towards the person. Mr. Kim was approaching them with a wide grin plastered on his face.

“Mr. Kim” Baekhyun bowed respectfully.

“Hello Baekhyun and Jung Eunji”

Eunji scoffed “You didn’t even tell me he is the male lead actor”

“Oh, but you didn’t even ask me about it” Mr. Kim smile innocently and Baekhyun snickered silently beside Eunji. The girl glared at him before turning her attention back to Mr. Kim.

“I take back my word. I won’t do this” Eunji firmly said and wanted to give back the script book to Mr. Kim. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in panic, he glanced at Mr. Kim and mouthed ‘do something!’

“You can’t back away my dearie. Everything had been plan out. If you back away right now, this club will be in trouble. What will I say to principle? You don’t want me to be fired and the club to be disbanded right?” Mr. Kim told, showing his pity face that made Eunji rolled her eyes.

“At least change the male main actor” She declared as she pointed at Baekhyun. Mr. Kim chuckled

“I can’t fulfill that one my dear. He had experienced this for 2 years. I heard you’re close with him, maybe he can teach you something” Mr. Kim grinned.

“Excuse me Mr. Kim. I’m not close---“

“Mr. Kim!” A voice cut off Eunji’s protest. The three of them turned their head towards the blonde-haired guy as known as Leo holding a clipboard with black headphone placed on his head. He waved his arms and gestured Mr. Kim to come.

“Look like someone needs me. I’ll go now. Good luck you two” Mr. Kim patted Eunji’s head

“Wait---“

“If you need anything Eunji, just ask Baekhyun okay?” He gave a small smiled and patted Baekhyun’s back before walked away, leaving the speechless Eunji with dropped jaw.

“We didn’t finish our talk yet!” Eunji screamed in frustration as she watched Mr. Kim’s back. Baekhyun chuckled silently behind her.

“Shall we practice now… partner?” He teased and Eunji turned her head furiously.

“Shut up” She snapped as her eyes narrowed dangerously at him. Baekhyun didn’t even flinch at her glare.

“Why don’t you be a good girl and we start practicing now?” Baekhyun crossed his arms against his chest firmly, looking straight into her eyes. Surprisingly, Eunji was the first one to break the eye contact. Her eyes were wondering on the floor as if she was scared to look at him.

“I need to go to the restroom” With that she left

Baekhyun blinked rapidly. Did his ears gone mad?

Because he just heard the girl stammered.


Update ^^

Yuppie !! I have nothing to say except ENJOY THE CHAPER !