Thirteen

You're Annoying !!

Kai decided to visit Naeun at her house after school. He got the address from Chorong after having a hard time to only ask ‘Would you mind giving me Naeun’s address?’

He didn’t tell his plan to the Exo boys since they would only .

Chorong wanted to tag along when she knew his plan but unfortunately, she had to help Suho with the Student meeting after school. Eunji wanted to join too after Chorong told her about Kai’s plan but Baekhyun interrupted her and said that her mother wants them to do grocery shopping. Much to his relief, he could be alone with Naeu---

Wait? What was I thinking?

He shook her head and stopped on his track when he spot a familiar number.

This is it!! I found it!!

He mentally cheered happily. He stared at the amazingly big house inside the gate in awe.

I never knew she is wealthy

His hand reached out his index finger to push the button near the gate.

“What can I help you young man?” A pretty woman in her 30 asked from the screen. Kai bowed his head before throwing a smile at the woman.

“I’m Kim Jongin. Naeun’s classmate and also… a friend?” He was not unsure whether he should be called Naeun friends since they didn’t talk much in school. It was only when they met up at the basketball hall.

“Ahh~ Jongin, sounds familiar. Come in first, just open the gate and the maid will welcome you at the front door” She smiled and the speaker let out a low beep sound before her sight disappeared from the screen.

As soon as he entered, the maids were bowing down at him like he was a prince. If there’s someone come in the house to be greeted like this, they would be awkward but Kai was familiar with all of these. He was also one of those rich kid who always being greeted like a loyal whenever he came home.

He could see a tall woman that talked to him through the screen come down from the staircase. Her eyes were soft as she looked at him.

“Come. Follow me” She instructed and walked up the staircase. Kai make a fast step to catch her up.

After walking along the hallway, Kai was brought to one of the door. The woman turned towards him causing Kai to slightly jump in shock.

“She’s inside” She suddenly told him. Kai blinked at the sudden information. “She’s having a trauma about it so we didn’t let the butlers to works for this while” She smiled apologetically causing Kai to frown.

“Is she...having a…boy phobia?” Kai asked carefully and the woman nodded her head slowly. Kai choked on his own saliva, hurts by that little fact. His mind was suddenly bombarded with questions.

What if she chases him away? What if she will not talk to him like before? And the most worried thing is…. What if she hates him?

He swallowed hard at the thought of her ignoring him. He didn’t like that fact. He couldn’t accept it EVER.

“Don’t worry young man” She patted his shoulder “Just think positive. Who knows she won’t be scared at you” She gave her a small smile before walking away, leaving Kai alone in front of Naeun’s room.

Kai let out a huge sigh before knocking on the door. A soft voice of ‘come in’ enough to make him twist the door knob open even though he was a bit hesitate.

Naeun slightly made a step back as she saw Kai at the door frame.

“Kai” She muttered his name. Kai nodded and stood still in his place, not daring to move closer towards her. Naeun wondered why he didn’t come in when a sudden realization hit her.

“Mom told you” Naeun stated as she smiled bitterly. Kai assumed that she was mentioning the pretty woman just now. He nodded.

“It’s rude of me not to invite you in. Don’t worry, I’m okay” Kai hesitated at first but when she saw her pleading eyes, he sighed and step into her room.

Before Kai could close the door, Naeun spoke up “Can you open the door slightly. Don’t close it” She told him and he knew the reason why and just obeyed.

“Can I come closer?” He asked carefully, pointing at her bed that she sat on.

“Sure”

After he settled himself on the edge of the bed, he pulled out a stack of papers from his bag before reaching it out to give it to her.

“Homework and… you know assignments”

“Thank you” She took it from his hand, carefully not to touch his skin. She would go hysteria if she did. That happened once when a butler accidently touch her finger when he want to give her a drink.

Kai noticed how careful she was when she accepted the papers in her hand.

“Can’t you touch men?” He asked and Naeun shook her head in respond. Kai’s hand automatically curled up into a fist, grabbing the strap of his bag tightly.

“Stop blaming yourself, Kai” Naeun said when she saw his fist. She knew it since the night he sent her home. How hurt his eyes look like when he stared at her trembled body and teary eyes. It wasn’t his fault at all, she never thought it was. Instead, she was thankful that he was there when she needed him, to protect her and to be by her side when she was scared.

“No, if only I come faster----“

“Don’t ever use the ‘If only’ words” She snapped “If there’s ‘If only’ then the entire incident was MY fault” She breathed out, her eyes was already teary and Kai thought it was his fault so he panicked.

“N-Naeun…”

“If only I didn’t do the project at these hours. If only I went home as soon as I finished it. If only I didn’t reject HanSun’s confession. If only I was not being weak and fought them. If only….I hate ‘if only’ Kai” Naeun started to cry, her tears flowed down her cheeks continuously, looking at him with sadness and regret.

Kai swallowed as he saw her tears. It was heartbreaking to see her like this. He wanted to wipe those tears but remembered her state right now stopped him from doing it.

“Please don’t cry” He begged, Naeun cried harder at his words.

“You made me felt bad when you blame yourself on the things I did wrong. It was entirely my fault” She spoke against her sobs, clutching onto her blanker to let out all her frustration out.

“Okay , I won’t blame myself. Now, please…stop crying” He comforted as he clutched the blanket too. He desperately wanted to pull her into his embrace to comfort her.

After Naeun had calm down, she rested her head against the headboard because of exhaustion. Kai could only comfort her with words and tried so hard not to touch her.

“I don’t like this feeling”Naeun suddenly said, head still against the headboard with her tilted head up and closed eyes.

“What…kind of feeling?” He asked, staring at the side view as he was admiring it secretly.

“Scared of men. It’s just plainly uncomfortable. I even ignored my dad for these past few days” Naeun sighed.

“I can help” Naeun opened her eyes and turned towards him.

“What do you mean?”

“Everything can be solved if we tried, including your phobia on men. I can help you with it” He smiled

“How?” Naeun frowned and was replaced with shock expression when Kai held out his palm towards her

“Hold it” He instructed. Naeun stared at it, then at Kai. He was staring back at her as he patiently waiting for her to take his hand. Naeun swallowed hard.

“I’m not forcing you Naeun, take your time” Kai was about to put back his hand when Naeun pulled the hem of his sleeve.

“I—I want to try this” She told him as she stared at his hand. Slowly, she raised her right hand and placed it on Kai’s left palm.

Kai smiled as he could feel her soft touch. Carefully, he wrapped his hand around her hand and linked their fingers.

“It feels nice” Naeun mumbled as she gazed down at their linked hands. It felt so right when his hand was wrapped around hers.

“It is?”

“Mm-hm”

“Will you be scared if men approach you?”

“Maybe” She muttered.

“Don’t worry. I will be here for you” Kai convinced as he gave her a genuine smile.

“Thank you” She whispered and unknowingly, a tear flow down her cheek.


“Oppa, when will I get to see my tutor?” Namjoo pouted, stirring the soup that hadn’t been eaten since they start having dinner.

“He will come soon” Suho glanced up at the clock behind him.

“He? The teacher is a guy?” Namjoo raised an eyebrow

“Mm-hm” Suho hummed, swallowing the food he munched.

“Really? Is he handsome? Hot? Tall?” Namjoo asked and Suho cocked an eyebrow at her question.

“I’m hiring you a teacher to study. Not to flirt with him” Suho told, putting down the spoon next to the unfinished food. The maids automatically walked towards him and picked up the plates and glass he used.

Namjoo watched her brother wiping his mouth with a napkin and said “I’m just asking. Who knows you found a handsome teacher for me. Maybe that way I can study well and get a better grade” She grinned

“Yeah right, more than daydreaming to get his attention” Suho snorted as he stood up

“Hey, why are you being so mean towards me?” Namjoo huffed and also stood up from her place. She trailed Suho from behind who made his way towards the living room.

“I’m not being mean dear. This is for your own good” He sighed tiredly, opening the entrance of the living room and smiled genuinely at someone. Namjoo still didn’t notice the person and kept whining about how Suho had treated her.

“You come early” Suho spoke and that made Namjoo stop talking. She turned towards the person and widened her eyes in shock.

“La-Lay sunbae? What are you doing here?” She asked in confusion as she blushes a little. Lay bowed his head before smiling at her.

“Let’s take a sit first shall we?” Suho told as he made his way at the sofa opposite Lay. Namjoo followed him from behind as her eyes didn’t leave Lay.

“Why is he here?” Namjoo whispered into Suho’s ear, glancing at the nonstop smiling Lay. Suho chuckled and whispered back

“Excited I see” He smirked and Namjoo pulled back before slapping the brother’s arm lightly.

“You didn’t tell her yet” Lay stated as he saw the confusion on Namjoo’s face.

“Tell me what?” Namjoo blinked in confusion, pointing an index finger at herself.

“About him being your private tutor” Suho answered her.

“He’s what? He’s my what?” Namjoo’s jaw dropped, turning her head at Lay who stare back at who stared back at her innocently.

 

“So oppa, did Joon oppa begged you to do this” Namjoo asked as she watched Lay arranging a few papers on her bed.

Since the study room was occupied by Suho and Namjoo complaining about how uncomfortable the living room is, they ended up using her room for study.

“Aniyo. I was the one who told him that I will be helping” Lay smiled, clipping the papers together and gave it to Namjoo. She took it and asked

“Why?”

“Because I want to”

“Another reason?”

“None”

The girl pouted “There must be a reason”

“Maybe because I don’t want you to be scold again?” Lay chuckled and patted the girl’s head lightly. Namjoo blushed.

“Why”

“No reason”

“It shall have a reason”

“Why would it should when there’s none”

“Oppa!!” Namjoo whined. Lay chuckled and ruffled her hair until it became messy.

“Let’s start our lesson shall we?” Lay ignored her whining, picking up her books and pencil case on the floor.

“No. Not until you tell me the reason” She huffed, pushing all the books and papers aside. Lay blinked and sighed tiredly.

“That is not important” Namjoo pouted even more and harrumphed in dissatisfied. Lay sighed once again.

“How about this. If you study and answer the papers I gave you, I will treat you ice cream”

“No”

“Strawberry flavor, your favorite”

“Don’t want”

“Snacks? Picks whatever you want and I will buy it”

“I can’t even step out of the house to buy it”

“Okay okay, what do you want? I will fulfill your wishes” Lay finally gave up, rubbing his temple as he wait for her answer.

“I can tell whatever right?” Namjoo grinned and Lay nodded

“Yes, whatever you want. Everything”

“You mean it so you can take back your words” Namjoo said excitedly.

“I won’t” Lay raised his hand. Namjoo smirked playfully and curled her index finger, motioning him to come closer. As he leaned closer, Namjoo cupped and said something that made him widened his eyes.

“W-What?” He stammered.

“You promise me not to take back your words” Namjoo whined, shaking the latter’s arms. Lay was flustered. The girl just seductively whispered to him what she wants. Not foods, not dresses or make up but the thing was an unexpected thing he never thought. KISSES. I repeat K-I-S-S-E-S.

“B-But Namjoo—“

“Fine, I won’t study then” Namjoo frowned.

“Why kiss? Out of all? I can get you food or dressed”

“Because I like you” She blurted out. Lay widened his eyes at her confession. Oh my god, he came here to teach his friend’s younger sister, not to receive a confession. A freaking confession in the girl’s room!

“N-no, your brother—“

“What about him?” She casually asked. Lay’s jaw already dropped on the ground at her question. How can she ask the most obvious thing. Suho would surely kill him if the brother knew that Lay kiss her beloved sister plus when the girl like him.

“No Namjoo, I can’t” He shook his head.

“But you told me—“ Namjoo frowned. She was upset, how could he say no when he himself told her that he would fulfill her wishes.

“Everything but not kiss okay? I don’t want to face your angry brother. If he found out—“

“He won’t if you don’t tell him. Besides, I am just asking a peck on the cheek” She pouted

“It’s still a kiss Joo”

“Let’s make a deal then” Namjoo crossed her arms against her chest.

“I don’t want to deal anything with you” Lay sighed

Namjoo’s face fell “Please, just this once” Namjoo begged, showing her index finger and looked at him with puppy eyes. Lay closed his eyes as he saw her expression. He could never say no to puppy eyes. Even Sehun’s puppy eyes could melt him.

“Fine! What’s the deal?” Lay finally defeated. Namjoo cheered in triumph as she clapped her hand. Maybe a deal won’t hurt.

“Thank you”

“Come on spill it. We have to start the lesson now” Lay ruffled the girl’s hair.

“If—“ She hung her word, glancing at him and smirked playfully.

“If?” Lay raised an eyebrow

“If I get 50 and above, I want a present from you which is a K-I-S-S” Namjoo grinned, leaning her face towards Lay causing the latter to leaned his head back awkwardly.

“That’s all?” He asked, titling his head to the side

“That’s all” She nodded

“Fine. 50 and above. Don’t take back your words”

“You agree to kiss me if I reach the goal?” She asked again to confirm

“I’m not sure if you will reach the target since your place now is 143 out of 150 students”

“Hey! Don’t look down at me!” Namjoo harrumphed. Lay chuckled softly as he patted the girl’s head.

“I’m not, but you know this isn’t easy. You left a lot of lesson in school and there’s a big chance you will not reach the target” Namjoo tched and stood up on her bed, raising her hand as she show her index finger.

“I’m Kim Namjoo, the sister of Kim Joonmyeon will work hard to get anything I want. Even I have to ditch my favorite drama and food!” She promised and looked down at the amazed Lay. The latter soon chuckled and nodded his head.

“Okay, that’s it. Let’s start our lesson now”

“Aww~ I have just made a promise” She pouted and slumped down on her bed causing it to bounce lightly.

“Yeah and that’s why we have to start now. One month more dear, that’s your only time”

“And after that one month, I will get your kiss” She smirked. Lay smiled and ruffled her hair once again. The first time ever in his life, he was amazed by a girl words. She’s so persistent, brave and compassion. Who knew his admire was could make him amused.

Little did they knew, a person peeked from the slight opened door. A smile plastered on the person’s face. He closed the door quietly before leaving the two with their lessons. 


Updated ^^

Please just slap me . I don't know why I even write this chapie. Sorry to dissapoint you guys. No BaekJi for this chaper :( .It's okay, there will be more chapters waiting for you, just keep reading okay? I might can't update much in the middle of  september bc of exam. Sorry if the story become more boring. I was rushing and unfortunately my idea ruined. //sigh// 

Thanks for subscribing, voting and please please please leave a comment at least. I really like reading your comments.