Surprises 2

A Simple Goodbye

♣ Surprises II ♣

 

Oh no.

"Please, introduce yourselves." Professor Kim ordered.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Byun Baekhyun - imnida! Please take care of me!" He bowed politely towards his new classmates. 

All eyes were on the next girl. Everyone recognized her face even with different hairstyle. The professor looked closely at the new girl and gasped lightly after realizing. The girl smiled sweetly and bowed ninety degrees.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Yu Damyeon - imnida. Nice meeting all of you!" She introduced herself.

The professor is slightly dazed and without realizing, a tear slipped from my left eye. She really looked like her. I glanced at Tiffany and she's crying horribly at Yoona's lap. Yoona's comforting her but it's no use, she's still sobbing real hard. My eyes automatically shifted towards GD and as I expected, his eyes were gleaming with happiness and sadness. It feels like he's happy that there's someone like her but he's also sad because it's not literally her. I looked at Yuri's face and my eyebrows furrowed. There's no single tear. But her face is so red that she could explode. Huh. Found some rival, eh?

I just rolled my eyes and turned back to the front. I did not noticed that the 2 new students are now sitting at my front. Ms. Yu is looking at everyone with sad eyes. I tapped her right shoulder to get her attention.

"Oh, hey. What's your name?" She asked me with a curtly smile.

"Lee Sunkyu, but you can call me Sunny." I answered politely. She was somehow a stranger to me. She only looks like her but she has a different aura. The boy at her left side stared at me for a moment before he started to speak.

"My name's Byun Baekhyun. Call me Baek." He offered a handshake which I galdly accepted. "And this is Yu Damyeon. You can call her Dami." He added.

"Why was everyone started crying when they saw me? Did I do something wrong?" Dami worriedly asked. Well, she's not bad. She still has the caring trait of Taeyeon that we all admired. I wish I can be friends with her.

"Nothing. It's just that you look someone we know and the whole school loved her." I explained to her.

"Where is she now?" She asked with a slightly relaxed tone.

"She.... died long ago." I did not felt Tiffany's presence earlier. She was now standing beside my chair with puffy eyes and a bitter smile formed on her lips. Maybe I was too dazed to her, thinking that maybe she really is Taeyeon and she did not die that day but, it's all just false-hope. We all know she's dead and there's no way Dami would be her. Dami is a little bit different from her.

"Sorry for making you feel guilty and worried but I hope we can be good friends." Tiffany offered a hand and she accepted it while mumbling 'of course'. My attention shifted to the boy who became quiet when Tiffany approached. Is he scared or something? No, he wasn't scared. It's more like he's guilty and worried? Why would he be? Hmm... is it because he feels empathy towards us?

"Ms. Hwang, will you please take your seat? You can chat with her later." Our professor ordered. Surprisingly, he had a soft tone on his voice when he said it to Fany. So he's a liitle bit taken aback and happy too? Afterall, she was a star student even if we just transferred here. On the other hand, I think my plan will work anyway. And it's more fun because Dami looks like Taeyeon. I would be happy if they would truly like each other. I'm so sorry Dami but I have to use you. For my friend.

-End of POV-

 

After a few discussions, class was dismissed and students started to gather in the cafeteria. Students heard the news about the new student who looks like Kim Taeyeon and they all waited for her just to see her face and confirm it. Dami is now sitting with Taeyeon's friends but on this day, Big Bang were separated with the 9 girls. Tension can be felt in the air and eyes are staring at her. Dami held Baekhyun's hand under the table asking for help. Baekhyun looked at her with worried eyes and whispered something.

"Don't worry. They won't hurt you as long as I'm here. You'll be okay." He rubbed Dami's hands trying to calm her down.

"Will you stop staring at her?!" Yuri suddenly shouted out of nowhere. The crowd started to disperse and people stopped looking at her. Dami mouthed a 'thank you' to her and smiled sweetly. Yuri smiled back with a nod.

"Sorry for the trouble. They just really miss her you know." Jessica apologized.

"You don't need to apologize. It's just that I don't like being stared at." Dami waved her hands at her front saying that it's okay.

"So, how old are you?" Hyoyeon asked her.

"I'm born on 1990. So I'm a year younger than some of you here. Can I call you unnie?" She looked down because of shyness having her cheeks deep red.

"Sure! I'm Hyoyeon by the way. This is Seohyun and Jessica. The girl who has puffy eyes earlier is Tiffany. This one is Yoona and on you right is Yuri. That is Sooyoung and Sunny is beside her. Of course you talked to her already earlier in class. Seohyun and Yoona are in the same age with you. The rest of us, you can call us Unnie." Hyoyeon thoroughly explained.

Dami just nodded taking in the informations said. Baekhyun excused and went to the bathroom saying he needs to wash his hands. The girls waited for him in the cafeteria and they went to class together. Big Bang walked with them but the atmosphere is dark and fiery. Like a battle of feelings are happening. This year will be a long one and things are just getting started for them.