Chapter 6

Broken Promises

 

Shinji and Taehee went to Starbucks Coffee to have some breakfast. You ordered both your pastries and different coffee flavors for each of you. You have Frapuccino and hers is Americano. The coffee shop's music in the background heard to relax every costumer and lighten up the mood for each and everyone of you inside. Shinji smiled in satisfaction smelling her favourite coffee flavor and took a bite of her pastry. While you are still bothered from what she had said earlier about the two boys's girlfriends. You gulped down your saliva realizing that they had been fighting over youand your bestfriend who hasn't got an idea what's really going on between the three of you. You were tense and felt uncomfortable at the thought so managed to sipped on your frapuccino.

 

Suddenly, Shinji interrupted your awkward silence and spoke.

 

"I'm so bothered to what he had did to Kyungsoo yesterday, so I want to make him apologize to the both of you." you were about to hesitate and answer but she interrupted you. "You know me Taehee-ah, I don't want to have an enemy so I want to set things out and back to normal." You sighed and nodded.

 

 

 

When you both finished your breakfast, She told you that you are both going to her house to make him apologize to you. You nod once again cause you really have no choice and just follow her around. When you both got home, she told you to sit on the couch for a while and she will prepare for your tea. You nodded and wait for her. The bedroom door starts to open and you saw Baekhyun looking down on you wide eyes and frowning, curious to what are you doing at their house in the early in the morning. Then Shinji came out from the kitchen and saw him staring at you and beam at him.

 

"Are you surprised, oppa?" She put down the teas at the living room table and headed to Baekhyun's direction then her face become serious glaring at him. "Apologize to her. If I came back here and kow that you still did not apologize to her, I'll never forgive you." Then she turned back to you and smiled. "Uhm..I'm going out for a while. I forgot to buy some ingredients for the lunch later so...yeah." She walked to your side and held your arm. "Tell me if he didn't apologize yet, so I can kill him later." You chuckled awkwardly and nodded. Then she opened the door and leave the two of you.

 

You awkwardly sipped the tea and avoided his gaze on you. Then you felt him sat beside you on the couch and felt very nervous to what he were going to do next. You looked at him and frowned. He smirked.

 

"You think I'm going to apologize to what I had done to him?" You raised an eyebrow then he continued. "You got it all wrong.. I'll never apologize to him." He faced you and smiled softly. "Cause I made the right decision to punch that jerk." You were about to yell at his face but he cut you out. "He wants me to be away from you. and I don't want that. I want you to know that I want to explain to you why I became Shinji's Boyfriend."

"And why am I need to know that? I don't need your explanation. Everything is clear to me n-" You got interrupted again.

"No Taehee-ah. You have to know the truth." You look at him shocked and tell him to continue."I was...I was forced."

"Forced? by who?" He sighed.

"By Shinji." Your jaw droppedin shock then he continued. "She told me to act as her boyfriend just to prove to her father that she had a boyfriend so she didn't have to marry the guy who supposed to be her husband. I hesitated at first but she begged and cried in front of me. I pitied her and decided to what she wanted to do. I'm so sorry Taehee-ah. Please forgive me." He looked down on his feet guilty to what he had done to hurt you. You sighed and pat his cheek and smiled.

"It's okay. I understand now." He smiled and asked again.

"Taehee-ah, Do you still love me?" You frozed and sighed.

"I-I can't tell you the answer yet, Baekhyun. Its so complicated." He nodded in understanding.

"I know. Just take your time. And I just want you to know that I'm still doing what I had promised to you." You frowned. 

"What is it?" He chuckled and peck your cheek.

"I promised you that I will love you forever and no one will owns my heart besides you and only you." You felt your world stopped at his words and can't believe that he still keeping his promise.

"Really?" He nodded and grinned.

"That's the only promise I'll never break." You smiled and your tears started to shed. He wiped your tears away and kissed your eyes. "I still love you Taehee-ah. Please remember that." You both were about to lean in for a kiss then suddenly, the door beeped indicating Shinji came back from outside. You both scooted away from each other and you sipped your tea awkwardly. While he pretended to watch the television and smiled secretly yet disappointed that your kiss got interrupted.

"I'm Home~. Oh! Bestie, Does he apologized yet?" You glanced at him and smiled slightly.

"Y-Yeah." She beamed and sat beside Baekhyun. She hugged his waist and kissed his cheek.

"Wahh... You're so awesome oppa. I thought you're not gonna apologize to her. Next time you do it to Kyungsoo-ssi okay?" His smile faded and didn't answer. You looked at him and you could tell he was boiling in anger when Kyungsoo's name being mentioned. You cleared your throat and stood up.

"Ahh..I guess I'll be going home now. Kyungsoo might be waiting for me at the hotel." She smiled and nodded. You were about to open the door when you heard her ask something that frozed you and Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun oppa, Do you have an another girlfriend?" He didn't answer then you heard her sighed and changed her voice. "I knew it. Promise me you'll break up with that and don't leave me. You understand oppa?" You widened your eyes at her sudden change of tone of her voice and threatened Baekhyun.

"Y-Yeah... I promised." Your eyes watered and you quietly opened the door. They didn't know that you were still there cause the doorway was narrow and hidden from the living room.

 

While walking through the hallway, you were tearing up thinking he responded to her that easily without thinking wisely. You were disappointed at him being stupid and sighed to calm yourself from sobbing. You decided to not go to the hotel yet and go to Namsan Tower where the place he promised you the same words he said earlier. 

 

You walked in the tower and saw many people happily walking inside and some are couples who walked in, hand in hand, smiling at each other. You remembered the time you and Baekhyun had a date here and felt happy and lucky at each others arms.

 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand sat on his seat in his office while thinking if he really lose his love to Taehee against Baekhyun.He can see in both's eyes that they still really love each other.. He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. He wants to be happy and yet he also wants yoiu to be happy. All he think of the person who makes you happy is Baekhyun yet he don't want you to get hurt again because of him either. He is so frustrated at the thought and leaned his back on his chair.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shinji smirked when she knew that Baekhyun really obeyed her order to break up with her another girlfriend. But even if she is satisfied to his answer, she can't help but investigate who really is that girl he's hiding from her. She is so itchy to know that girl so if Baekhyun once get out from house, she planned to follow him without his knowing.

 

And Baekhyun, on the other hand, sighed heavily on the bed while leaning his back on the headboard thiking how can he be so stupid to agree Shinji's words and promised another thing he doesn't want to do. Now that Taehee and him are in good terms now. He ruffled his hair in frustration to his stupidity. Little did he know that you overheard their conversation earlier before she got out from the house.

 


 

 tumblr_n6x19uYrJv1sa8kcro1_500.jpg