Chapter five. (NPOV)

Love's Own Providence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: So this chapter is from the POV of Nathaniel once again. This chapter is referring back to chapter three, but this time from Nathaniel's perspective as he prepares to and then meets Ed and Penny for the first time. I thought it was necessary in showing development of the Penny and Nathaniel relationship. 

P.S. I am so happy to have found this picture of Taec when he was younger!!

 

 

~~~~~~

 

Someone’s talking downstairs. It’s Connor… and someone else. Two someone elses. It’s a guy’s voice and a girl.

I didn’t realise that I was crying. By the time I had done reading the letter, my face and nose was a mess. I had never felt as disgusted with myself as I did then.

I felt weak and vulnerable. Something I vowed I would never allow myself to feel. I wanted, no, needed be in control…

I yelled out for Gavin, and he came running in. I fired off question after question to Gavin after reading the letter. Wanting, needing to know more information and questions answered. But it was the same 6 word answer every time.

                                I don’t have any more information.

I knew that Gavin wouldn’t hide anything from me. If he did have any more information, he would tell me.

Wouldn't he?

Of course he would! Nathaniel, don’t doubt Gavin or your ability to read people.

Walking down the stairs, I see them. I see her. The girl from the picture.

The picture is deceiving. She’s but a child. She’ll probably be annoying and burdensome to have here for the entire summer.

As she walks through the foyer, she is laughing and talking to Connor and another guy. But suddenly her jaw drops. What happened?

Why is she talking to another guy? Why are they walking so close to one another?

What’s their relationship?

But most importantly, why do I care?

It’s because I don’t want them here and they are already acting so rudely towards me. Treating me as air. I try to assure myself but find myself staring at her, unable to look elsewhere.

No! Nathaniel! What are you doing? You don’t even know her yet! She is probably just a vase, beautiful on the outside but devoid of inside, no different than the girls from school! Control yourself. SHE IS NOT WORTH YOUR ATTENTION OR TIME…

But as he lectured himself, he knew that she was different than other girls he had met. Different than the girls from school who threw themselves at him. She was most definitely not a vase.

I should probably say something… but what? I have only experience speaking to maids.

“Ahem” I suddenly coughed out, surprising even myself.

Connor turned his head in my direction and I can see that he is about to call those two.

Ahh! Jinjja Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter