chapter two.

Love's Own Providence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“FINALLY!!! We’re at the airport. That took almost 2 hours!” I started cheering.

“I’ll help you with your luggage, Elizabeth” Yun said, turning to his son and adding, “Ed! Those luggage cases aren’t going to move themselves!”

“Yes dad!” Ed called. After looking around and making sure that Clara already went inside to figure out the specifics, he added, “Penny! I have something for you. Wait, don’t go in yet!”

“Yah!” Yun yelled at his son. “You aren’t allowed to called her Penny! Tsk Tsk”

“Oops! Sorry dad…” but looking at Penny giggling, he felt his heart racing and knew that he was not sorry at all.

After the documents were completed, Ed turned to me and silently asked if we could talk for a moment. I nodded and we walked a few feet away from Clara and Yun. Ed handed me a small gift box and in a breath, as if he was about to talk, but before he got the chance to, his father called.

“Ed, I have to talk to you. Come here!” and Ed ran, though unwillingly, to his father’s side.

"What do you mean you're going with me? I thought that Clara was supposed to come with me!" I gasped.

"I won't be joining you this time, Penelope. Master felt that you are too reliant on me and way too shy. He wants you to become more independent and outgoing." admitted Clara.

"But why you?" I blurted out, looking to Ed.

"You know... to protect you..." Ed replied, blushing. 

Blushing?? Why was Ed blushing? Don't people only blush when they're embarrassed? Why was Ed embarrassed? Man, he's being weird today...

Upon my shocked face, Ed became defensive.

"I mean I wasn't going to ask but when I thought that you were going that far away without protection and without a chaperone, I asked for permission to tag along. Why? Do you not want me to come? Do you want to spend time alone with Nathaniel or whatever his name is? I thought you would be happy and grateful!" Ed fumed, his voice rising with every sentence.

EDWARD MASON! THAT'S ENOUGH! 

Why was Ed so mad? 

Seeing that I was on the verge of tears, Ed rushed over and hugged me.

I'm sorry, don't cry! I honestly thought that you would be happy when you heard that I am also coming ... at which point he trailed off.

"Ed, I am happy that you are coming. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter