chapter three.

Love's Own Providence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**If anyone who recognizes who this hooded figure is, shhhhhh! It'll be our lil secret :P Just for a little while longer, I promise. He plays a very crucial role in the story and all will be revealed later on ^_^ Please be patient and do not reveal :D**

As I looked around the airport lobby, I noticed that there is a man near Entrance 6 holding a sign:

MISS PENELOPE ELIZABETH

Pointing him out to Ed, he paused, turning in the direction I pointed. He checked the man over and gestured for me to follow and we approached the man.

I greet the man. “Hello there. Are you here to pick us up and bring us to the Yu family home?”

“Oh, you must be Miss Elizabeth. Oh, and could you be Mason? My goodness...!

He seems shocked.

I giggle. Of course, to an outsider, Ed looks like he might be the danger that I need to be protected from, what with his hood and sunglasses and all mystical and brooding.

We politely nod, surprised that he knows Ed’s middle name but I figured that Nathaniel's parents must have been told that accidentally.

“Hello, my name is Ed. I am the security detail for Miss. Elizabeth protection.” Ed said with a sarcastic emphasis on Miss Elizabeth.

The man continues “Yes, I am here to bring you back to meet with Young Master Nathaniel. Please allow me to introduce myself.”

“Hello, my name is Connor and I am the head housekeeper. Tonight, I will be your chauffeur, due to the fact that Ben, the driver, had a sudden family emergency.” He answered with a smile.

 “Connor, please don’t call me Miss Elizabeth. I would much rather that you call me Penny.” I told him in a kind but no-nonsense kind of way. At least I think I did…

“I would much rather call you Miss Elizabeth, if that is ok with you. You see, my job is very important and the rules are rules and I would not wish to go against regulation.” he replied, with a nervous expression.

Seems like I did say it in a no-nonsense kind of way.

“Oh ok. I did not know that… I would not wish to cause you trouble. Of course, you can call me Miss Elizabeth if that is what you are required to do.” I answered quickly.

What have I gotten myself into? The rules are so rigid h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter