.7.

Unplanned Affection

Chapter 7

 

 

 

Dara gawked towards Jiyong who was busy feeding the two dogs. This time they weren't barking anymore and were eating away their food in peace, even sharing their small pot of nutrition together. Her eyes landed on Jiyong who had a warm smile on his face as he rubbed against the bigger dog’s ear. It was the most genuine smile she had seen on him and it made her smile a little in return. Her arms were wrapped around her thighs which were pushed against her chest. Laying her head on her upper arm, she just gazed at Jiyong's face. Even though he had small stubble it actually made his face structure stand out. He was the best looking guy she had ever pick pocket from and for some reason she doesn’t regret it much anymore.

 

 

"They just didn't know who you were." She was brought back to her senses when her eyes landed on Jiyong who was now staring back at her.

 

 

Dara just nodded in response not knowing what else to do or say. The dogs gazed at her for a split second before rummaging through their food again. She was still terrified and she knew the fright she had for dogs won't decrease ever.  

 

 

"Jiyonngg?" His name out lengthy.

 

 

"Hmm"

 

 

"Do you live alone?" Jiyong straightened himself up, sending the dogs out, locking the balcony door before facing her.

 

 

"That's none of your business." Dara expected him to actually open up because the tension in the room wasn't awkward but that heartfelt gravity where you can say whatever you want but I guess the feeling for Dara was different to  how Jiyong must be feeling.

 

 

"Can't you be nice to be?" Dara mumbled, throwing Jiyong an unfriendly face.

 

 

"Nice?" Jiyong laughed out loud earning a deeper scowl from Dara. "A girl who pickpockets? You want me to be nice?"

 

 

"You don't even know what kind of life I live okay! Unlike you I have no parents!!" Dara's eyes glistened with water as she tried to keep control of the glare that was currently plastered onto her face, directed towards Jiyong but she couldn’t hold it much longer so a tear slipped. She was envious of people who still had their parents even if the parents were cruel and uncaring. She just wanted to be known as someone's child and not the 'girl from the care home'. Dara rapidly wiped away the tear so Jiyong didn’t see her in a fragile state again.

 

 

"Parents are not needed." Jiyong replied turning towards the left and into the open plan kitchen.

 

 

"Well maybe you should give your parents to me then." Dara stood up and followed his actions.

 

 

"Gladly."

 

 

"You're evil!" Jiyong smirked in response.

 

 

"Why are you even pickpocketing?" He was curious.

 

 

"None of your business." Dara grumbled, folding her arms across her chest.

 

 

"The doors open...you may leave." Jiyong snapped hearing her response. Although it’s something he says a lot, he didn’t like it when people say it to him, especially when he really wanted to know the answer.

 

 

"How can you be this mean to a girl? Because of you I have bruises everywhere okay! You made me suffer so much and all I wanted was an apology. I fell ill, my poor legs went through so much and now my hand and back is bruised. I nearly died because of your dogs...stop being mean to me." Jiyong sighed as the tears streamed down her face again. She had no idea why she felt vulnerable every time she’s near Jiyong. She didn’t like showing men she was a weak petite girl.  

 

 

"I'm not a normal guy. You need to stay away from me." He pulled out two plates, ready to serve dinner.

 

 

"What if I don't want to huh?"

 

 

Jiyong snorted once again. "You amuse me." Before the conversation could go further, the doorbell rang indicating someone was here. Jiyong's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before heading towards the door. He wasn’t expecting anyone today. Pulling it open, his eyes widened a little as his father stood tall and proud in front of him.

 

 

"Won't let me inside?" His father’s head crooked to one side as he waited for his son to move aside so he could go inside.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong demands, as he shuts the door once his father was fully inside. But the man was more intrigued seeing a girl stood in the centre of the living room, blinking away. He could tell she wasn't the s he usually caught his son with. The innocent face gave it away. On the other hand, Dara could clearly tell he was the father of Jiyong. They both looked identical.

 

 

"You fell in love son?" Jiyong choked on a cough hearing his father.

 

 

"Are you being serious? To her?" His finger pointed towards Dara who was left stunned.

 

 

"Excuse me! Every guy in this city would want to date me! Like you're anything special...pffft." Dara glared at Jiyong before putting her attention on his father and bowing with a huge smile. Jiyong scoffed at her movements. Especially at her bipolar actions, one minute she's crying, next she's swearing him and now she's all cheerful.

 

 

"Wow...she's strange." His dad muttered with a smile on his lips which Jiyong noticed straight away. His dad doesn't smile. Let me repeat that, his dad does not smile.

 

 

"I'm Park Sandara but everyone calls me Dara!" Dara introduced herself making the older man chuckle. Jiyong was left by the door in astonishment. He has never seen his father react like this.

 

 

"Uhh what's going on?" Jiyong asked. Lightly pinching his arm to see if this was all a dream or not. But he was ignored as Mr Kwon sauntered into the living room and sat down.

 

 

“I’ll bring you a cup of coffee!” Dara grinned before rushing to the kitchen. Jiyong’s mouth was left wide open as he eyed her liaise with her father. She was even acting like this was her house. Within minutes, Dara appeared from behind the wall and towards her father who was actually waiting patiently. What the is going on? Is it change of personality day today? Jiyong thought. “Jiyong come come! Join your father! Do you want a coffee too?”

 

 

Jiyong took one step forward. “What are you doing? This isn’t your house!” He hissed towards the girl who ended up puckering in disappointment.

 

 

“Son, stop being mean to the young lady. So Dara how do you know my ill-mannered and disrespectful son?” Mr Kwon asked as he leaned back on the sofa, sipping on the coffee.

 

 

Dara snorted in amusement. “You’ve got the definition of your son perfectly right Sir!”

 

 

“YAH! Before I kick you out my house…its best if you keep your mouth closed!” Jiyong warned before meeting eyes with his father. “And what are you doing here?” Dara could see how much Jiyong didn’t favour his father. Mr Kwon’s eyes however flickered towards Dara for a second before landing back on his son. He had no idea what the girl knew but he didn’t care. It would take him a second to get rid of her if she attempts to tell anyone.

 

 

“The location for the new drugs is in London. I want you and TOP to go there and do your thing. You will go by Tablo’s private jet and you have 2 days to do everything. Understood?” Jiyong nodded his head. Dara however was left speechless.

 

 

“YOU’RE GOING LONDON?!!! OMG CAN I COME?!! PLEASE CAN I COME!!!! ME AND BOM!!! PLEASEEE!!! AHHHHHHHHHH LONDONNNNN!!!!!!!” Jiyong took a step back seeing the possessed face Dara had coated on her face.

 

 

“Dara calm down…” Jiyong muttered but instead Dara jumped onto him.

 

 

“Please! Can we come with you guise?!! PLEASE!!!” Dara batted her eyelashes towards Jiyong. Her lips were pouting as she begged Jiyong to take her and Bom along with her. Hearing London escape his father’s mouth, she was left in a trance and she was ready to do anything to get there. She was ready to give him anything. Maybe not. Jiyong pushed the girl off him, brushing away the imaginary dirt.

 

 

“No.” Jiyong retorted with his apathetic expression.

 

 

Mr Kwon was left entertained. The girl was totally different and he knew she had some sort of effect on his stoic son. “Take her with you Jiyong.”

 

 

“KYAAAAAAHHH!!! THANK YOU SIR! THANK YOU!!!” Dara bowed continuously, proving her gratitude towards the old man. He chuckled lowly before pulling out a cigar. On the contrary, Jiyong’s palm slid across his face in annoyance, hearing the words leave his father’s mouth. He didn’t know how he was going to deal with this crazy girl for two full days when he can’t even handle her for 2 minutes. A loud snarl scrammed out of him as he trudged up the stairs and into his room.