5

Unplanned Affection

Chapter 5

 

 

 

A yawn left his mouth as his eyes tiredly scanned the tiny girl hovering around the sea. He knew it was impossible to find the wallet and was only doing it to punish her for stealing and disposing it in the first place. His phone rang bringing him out of his own thoughts.

 

 

"Yes Appa?"

 

 

"I didn't find it Appa. Sorry to disappoint you." Jiyong sighed hearing his father from the other end. His hands rummaged through the compartment of his car, pulling out his shades. "I'll be there. Neh." His long, slender fingers pulled open the shade box whilst the other hand held onto the phone as his dad lectured him about dishonesty and blood and some other crap that went in one ear and came out the other. However, as soon as the box was wide open, Jiyong's eyes broadened seeing the black small rectangle placed inside his shades box.

 

 

"I found it." He mumbled. "I ing found it!" He shrieked through the phone taking his father by surprise. So the USB all along wasn't in his wallet but the shades box. How could he have forgotten placing it there the other morning? "I'll bring it to you Appa. Bye" Disconnecting the call, he grinned in triumph.

 

 

-------

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

"Ugh!" Dara grunted as she laid flat onto the shallow side of the sea. She was freezing from top to bottom. She had a runny nose and to add to it her legs were scraped due to the hard sharp surface it kept landing on. The constant sneezing wasn't helping her much. She couldn't even find anything apart from a ring which looked like it was made out of gold. For those few minutes she was happy. She could make money out of it. She couldn't wait to tell Bom. And then her emotions changed to irritation and fatigue and she was soon to give up.

 

 

"Is that ogre even watching?! How can he have not come and stopped me yet?! He really has no heart!!" Dara cursed under her breath. "But if I give up will they harm Bom?" She muttered softly as a sigh escaped her lips. Bom was her only best friend, the girl she took as a sister; if she lost Bom then she'd have no one.

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

"Oww!" Dara moaned holding her leg. Blood was already started to gash out as it accidently rubbed itself against something sharp. "My scarless leg!!! Waaaah!! This is your entire fault ogre! Look at all the marks on my precious legs!"

 

 

"Stop crying and get up." Dara swiftly turned her head to the direction of the voice, spotting the heartless ogre stood there with a stoic expression.

 

 

"Look what you did to my leg!! You monster!" Shoving her legs near Jiyong, she didn't realise she was giving him a sneak peak of her pink laced . Jiyong smirked getting a free view. "Yah what are you smirking about? You find this funny!" Dara stood up and headed his way with a limped foot.

 

 

Ignoring her, he started walking away. "Are you taking me home?"

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

"But my leg is bleeding and it hurts." Jiyong glanced over at her and then his eyes landed on her leg.

 

 

"I'm not a doctor so I don't care."

 

 

Dara flipped him the middle finger when he started to walk back towards the car again. She glared at her feet and then started to follow his action, only to groan at every step she took. The blood continued to escape leaving her whole leg red and icky.

 

 

Jiyong took in a large intake of breath hearing her make weird noises behind him. He punished her for no reason and he didn't feel a bit guilty. "Aish!" Okay maybe he felt a little guilty after seeing her state. Turning around on his heels he sauntered towards her. Dara's eyes widened slightly seeing him inch closer.

 

 

"No don't kill me please!" She shrieked in fright but instead felt herself get lifted. "Omo!" Her petite hands quickly wrapped itself around Jiyong's neck as he carried her back to the car. Focusing ahead, Jiyong ignored her playful stare. A blush however crept up on Dara's lips feeling his warm but rough hands make contact with her bare thigh.

 

 

"You do have a heart." Placing her hand on top of his chest, he was taken by surprise by the contact. He felt warm inside for the first time. "Look its beating!! Omo why is it beating so fast?!!" Her warm orbs landed on Jiyong's who immediately looked away.

 

 

"Don't touch me." He snapped making Dara pout and removes her hand.

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

"Aish what the !" Jiyong hissed when she sneezed directly on his face.

 

 

"Sorry sorry!" Dara apologised feeling slightly embarrassed.

 

 

Finally reaching the car, he pulled open the door with one hand, placing Dara on the side. "Wait." He mouthed, stopping her from making any movements. Opening his car boot, he pulled out a worn t shirt and another one. "Wear this." Dara once again was taken aback by his actions. She expected him to let her freeze to death. Her heart nearly popped out its chest, seeing him wrap the other tshirt on her bleeding foot. "Get in the car and make sure you don't put blood anywhere." He muttered before stepping to the other side to get in.

 

 

Dara didn't hear anything but the fast "thump thump" sound against her chest. Her eyes landed on Jiyong and she blushed immediately.

 

 

*sneeze*

 

 

"Cover your mouth!" Jiyong repeated.

 

 

"It’s not my fault! You left me there in the cold!!" Dara pouted.

 

 

"Ok."

 

 

"Huh? Is that all you're gonna say? Ok?!!!"

 

 

"I ain't apologising if that's what you're expecting."

 

 

"Whatever."

 

 

"Type in your address in the nav.." Jiyong instructed, giving her the NAV. Dara stared at it for a moment before typing in the care homes address. Does he know I'm from a care home? She thought. Placing it back onto its pouch, Jiyong followed the NAV towards wherever Dara had inputted.

 

 

"Where's Bom?" Dara asked just to avoid the silence.

 

 

"Wherever she stays."

 

 

"Yah you never told me your name!" Dara squealed from nowhere.

 

 

"We're not going to meet ever again so me giving my name is useless." Jiyong retorted.

 

 

"I don't care. I will still haunt you when I die...so give it?" But instead Jiyong ignored her. "Aish tell me!!"

 

 

"Jiyong."

 

 

Dara grinned instantly hearing him. "Jiyong. I like it." Her cheeks contoured the colour red as she fiddled with her fingers.

 

 

"Are you not angry at me anymore for losing your wallet?" She asked cautiously not wanting to touch a nerve.

 

 

"No." He wouldn't have cared in the first place because he had many wallets and money but it was because of the USB he went hunting for her only to find the USB wasn't even in the wallet. Clenching his fist around the steering wheel, he tried to keep the guilt deep inside. He can't let Dara find out about this, god knows what this crazy girl will do to him.

 

 

"Hehe."

 

 

The car fell into muted silence once again as Jiyong drove quietly towards her home. "You have reached your destination" awoke Dara from her daze.

 

 

"Is that your street?" Jiyong questioned seeing the blocks of house in a straight line. She didn't add a door number so he had no idea where to stop.

 

 

"No." Dara replied timidly. "It's that one. That's my home."

 

 

Jiyong's eyes hovered to the opposite end spotting a bigger house than the other ones. But what surprised him the most was the name written at the front of the gate. 'Seoul City Care Home.'

 

 

"You live in a care home?" He couldn't help but reassure himself. Then what was the address of the personal information his comrades had found for him. It did not say anything about her being in a care home. Dara nodded at his question. Noticing how Dara's mood turned upside down he decided not to question anything further.

 

 

"Go inside." She nodded once again opening the door trying her best to walk out slowly so she doesn't hurt her bleeding foot.

 

 

"Don't worry. You don't have to help me inside. Bye Jiyong. You are a very mean person but you have a heart." Viewing him her tongue she chuckled lowly trying to hide the weird atmosphere. Turning around she strutted inside. Jiyong just eyed her fading back before laughing to himself. The girl definitely left a mark.

 

 

"Stupid midget." He mumbled before driving off.