five

Fairytale

 

 

Kyungsoo heaved out a heavy sigh as he stopped typing on his laptop and leaned back on his fluffy chair. He quickly glanced on the wall clock at his left.

 

6:45. He silently read with his wide eyes.

 

Is Eunjoo already awake? She wakes up so early. Did she eat already? What if the maids cooked something that she doesn't like? Maybe I should cook for her. Should I go check?  Countless thoughts about her were popping out in his head. But he couldn’t bring himself to go out and see her for he was preoccupied by the tons of work his father gave him just awhile ago.

 

His beloved father sent him a lot of work as compensation or maybe punishment for him since he wasn’t paying any attention to the company since Eunjoo has been hospitalized. “Damn old geezer. Why is he giving me all the paperworks when he has tons of employees at the company?” he mumbled as he sighed again and just sunk deeper into his chair. His father can be really cruel at times. Or maybe all the time. 

 

Kyungsoo thought of a very brilliant idea and immediatey sat up. “I’ll just quickly finish all this and then, I’ll go and see her.” he encouraged himself as he stretched his neck to the side and immediately went back to typing. He just really want to see Eunjoo right now. Yes. They see each other everyday. But, it's just... not enough.

 

Everyday, every time, every single second, he just couldn't keep at ease when she's not by his side. He's afraid that she might go somewhere far and never come back again. Or what's worse is if she regains her memories back. So if it was possible he'd really want to be with her every single time.

 

he was already immersed in doing the paperworks when suddenly, he heard someone knocking on his door.

 

“Come in.” Kyungsoo mumbled lazily, thinking that it’s one of the maids who would bring him some snacks like always. The door opened at his command and he didn’t even bother looking up for he was busy. Too busy to be exact. And he never realized that it was Eunjoo.

 

Eunjoo quickly walked over to his side and carefully placed the tray on his desk, just beside his laptop. And that time Kyungsoo realized that the girl he'd been dying to see is already in front of him. “I didn’t know what you liked so I just made coffee for you.” She smiled sheepishly at him as she said those.

 

Kyungsoo stared at her, frozen. Eunjoo just made coffee for him. She made coffee for him. Dammit. She never shared or gave him even a single piece of candy before. And now she made coffee for him. She went all the trouble of preparing a cup of coffee for him when she doesn't even give a damn about him before. Kyungsoo bit his lip as he tried to stop his smile. And as lame as it may sound, his heart was really moved by this cup of coffee before him.

 

And right now, he’s even thinking of preserving it.

 

Kyungsoo tried to think of anything good to say. And couldn't think of any so he just blurted out what was in his mind without thinking twice. “You didn’t have to do that. The maids are there. You should’ve just asked them to bring this to me. You shouldn’t move around a lot. You’re still on your recovery stage. You should be resting.” He rambled on and on. He was just concerned. That's all.

 

Eunjoo was saddened by his response. Her sunny smile slowly faded away. It’s like he didn’t appreciate what she just did. She thought he’d be smiling from ear to ear while hugging her, saying ‘Thank you’ and all. But it was not like how she pictured things.

 

“And …thank you by the way.” Kyungsoo said as he smiled awkwardly, his lips were forming a small hea rt shape as he smiled. “You should go and.. rest. Call me if you need anything.”

 

Eunjoo nodded at him before she silently walked towards the door with a heavy heart.

 

Are always like this? Why is Kyungsoo always, always cold to me?

 

Eunjoo glanced back at him. He was busy typing again. 

 

Maybe he doesn’t love me anymore that’s why he’s acting cold towards me. Maybe he just couldn’t afford to break up with me because he felt like he should take care of me, especially now that my mother’s dead and I lost all of my memories. If that’s it, then I’m just weighing him down.

 

Eunjoo bit her lower lip still thinking if now's the right time for this. She’s aware that he’s busy. But she just couldn’t keep silent about it. She needs to talk to him. Right now.

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

“What?” he asked as he looked up at her the very moment she called his name.

 

“Do you…” Eunjoo bit her lips as she struggled to find the right words. “You don’t love me anymore don’t you?” she asked as she smiled sadly at him.

 

Kyungsoo was taken aback by what she said. Shock was written all over his face. “What are you talking about?” he asked her as he suddenly stopped typing, his full attention is now on her.

 

“Is it because you promised my mother that you’ll take care of me? Or is it because I lost all of my memories? I think you’re just taking care of me because you’re pitying me. Is that really it?” Eunjoo asked him as her tears were already pooling up at the corner of her eyes.

 

“What makes you think that way?” he finally stood up and made his way towards her. Seriously, how did she came up with those conclusions?

 

How dare this girl think that he doesn’t love her when that was what he’s been doing for the rest of his life?

 

Eunjoo's face crumpled into a pained expression as she spoke. “You’re always cold to me. You’re always avoiding me. You never held my hand. And you never kissed or hugged me. Are we really in a relationship? Or do you want to end this relationship?” she asked as she eyed him who was already standing in front of her.

 

“Eunjoo that’s not it.” Kyungsoo said as he cupped her face with his hands, making her look at him and him alone.

 

“Then what?”

 

Kyungsoo stared at her unable to say anything. He can’t possibly tell her that he’s not used to showing his affection to her, that he couldn’t hold her hand because he was afraid that she’d push it away like how she does before, that he couldn’t just hug her because he has never done that as well. He can’t tell her all of these because they were not really in a relationship before. He couldn’t say anything because she might know that he’s just lying to her.

 

And he doesn’t want that to happen. Ever.

 

To Eunjoo, his silence was a sign that what she suspects is right. He couldn’t say anything. He couldn’t justify his own self. Doesn’t that mean she’s right? That he doesn’t love her anymore? By just thinking of that really makes her sad. And without her knowing it, a lone tear already trickled down her cheek. And soon, she was already crying her eyes out.

 

And Kyungsoo felt like he was the most horrible guy on earth for being the reason why she cried. “Please… don’t cry.” He wiped her tears away with his shaky hands. Seeing Eunjoo cry would be the last thing he'd ever want to see.

 

“Do you want me to leave? Just tell me. I’ll quickly leave if you want me to.” Eunjoo told him.

 

Kyungsoo immediately shook his head. Her, leaving him would be his biggest nightmare. “I would never want you to leave. Ever.” Heembraced her as tight as he could, genty crushing her to him. he was hugging her so tight, as if he would never want to let her go. “Just stay by my side. Forever. Will you?”

 

“Do you still love me?”

 

Even though he didn’t want to, Kyungsoo let go of her and turned to face her. “I never stopped loving you.”

 

“Really?” Eunjoo asked him as she searched for his eyes, trying to see if he was being honest or not. Kyungsoo smiled as he gently placed his forehead on top of hers and stared at her dark brown eyes with sincerity. “Really.”

 

And without even thinking twice, he slowly inched closer to her until their lips finally met. It was  sweet, slow and passionate kiss just like how it should be. And at that time, Kyungsoo truly wished for time to stop. He wanted to make the moment last forever if it was even possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you have many things to do?” Eunjoo asked him worriedly as he arranged his fringe. Earlier he was typing so many things that he never noticed her. But now he left all of those behind for her.

 

“You’re much much more important than those paperworks.” Kyungsoo told her as he kissed her forehead. “I love you. Eunjoo.” He said as he smiled and quickly pecked her lips.

 

Eunjoo stared at him weirdly. She’s still not used to him being like this.

 

“Why’re you staring at me like that?” Kyungsoo asked her with a small chuckle. The expression in her face was just to cute.

 

“You’re weird. Before you’re not even looking at me in the eye. And now you’re so sweet to me. And you never did kiss me before. And now, you’re showering me with kisses. Why?”

 

“What do you mean ‘why’?” Kyungsoo dryly laughed at her as he looked away. Not knowing how to explain all these.

 

“Before, why are you not showing your affection to me?” Eunjoo asked him curiously. She found it really weird before that Kyungsoo never did showed his affection for her. And now, she wants to know why.

 

“I… I was thinking that you’d be shocked if I did. I mean.. you lost your memories. So I think I should be more careful in approaching you. I just don't want you to be surprised that your boyfriend just kisses you out of nowhere when you're still in your recovery stage.” Kyungsoo half-lied. Half of what he said was the truth. And the other half, it's all lies.

 

“You’re so sweet.” Eunjoo finally smiled as she placed her head on his shoulder. Now she fully understands him. And today she realized how lucky she was to have this guy right here as her boyfriend. He's everything that any girl would ask for. “I love you Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he gently ran his hand through her silky hair. Hearing those words from her are enough. Those are the words that he longed to hear for so long. And he doesn’t care anymore if everything’s a lie. Even if he just made everything up. It doesn’t matter. He can weave a thousand lies just to make her stay. What’s important is her. She’s here with him. And what's more is, she loves him.

 

That’s the most important thing to him.

 

 

 

“I love you too. Eunjoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've already decided about what will happen to the ending of this story. Hehehe. ^^

I just heard Park Boram's song 'Beautiful' it's a great song really and I really regret not listenig to it before. And her hair color the blonde one is really niceeee. <333 Looks good on her. I want her hairrr. Like really.

So that's it for now. Goodluck on your exams if you have any. (we do. TT.TT) 

Bye!

 

:>