three

Fairytale

 

 

Long chapter aheadddddd. :>

 

 

 

Kyungsoo coldly eyed the bouquet of white roses in his hand and the box of chocolates next to it. “Dammit. If this won’t work, I’ll really sue you for defamation Byun.” He mumbled as he impatiently tapped his foot and leaned on the white marble wall behind him. He was never the type of guy who would give such cheap things like a single bouquet of roses and a small bar of chocolate. He’s the type of guy who’d buy a whole rose plantation and all the dairy products available in the stock market.

 

Yes. He’s that arrogant.

 

Kyungsoo deeply inhaled as he felt the coldness of the marble seeping into his back. He thought as he frowned, his heart shaped lips twitching to the side. What if she still refuse? It’ll be embarrassing.

 

What’s taking her so long? He thought as he diverted his gaze from the floor to his watch. He’s been waiting for her for over half an hour now. He had clearly told her that he’ll pick her up today. Her work ends at 4:30. And it’s already 5.

 

“Where are you Shin Eunjoo?” he mumbled as he looked at the hallways, trying to find her. But there were no signs of Shin Eunjoo. The girl with bright smile and long curly hair was nowhere in sight.

 

She didn’t possibly leave right?

 

Eunjoo has this bad habit of avoiding him everytime he tells her to wait for him and he’s anxious of the thought that she already left.

 

Kyungsoo decided that he’ll just call her to her where she is. He was just about to grab his phone to call her but he realized that she already did. Eunjoo is calling him. Kyungsoo couldn’t not believe his eyes as he saw Eunjoo’s number flashing in his phone’s screen. This was definitely the first time that she called him. And he couldn’t help but feel happy.

 

Yes. It may sound cheap but.. what can he do when his heart skips a beat by just seeig her name?

 

With a sharp intake of breath, Kyungsoo finally answered the call. “Where are you?” he asked,  trying his best to sound as normal as possible.

 

 

“Is this Do Kyungsoo?”

 

 

When he recognized that the voice on the other line was not Eunjoo, he immediately frowned in disappointment. He was actually thinking of talking to her but it seems like a big ‘no’ “Who is this? Why do you have Eunjoo’s phone? Where is she? Let me talk to her.” He rambled on an on in an authoritative tone.

 

 

“I’m a nurse from Sucheon Hospital. Shin Eunjoo and her mother were caught in an accident.”

 

 

Her words rang through his head. And Kyungsoo felt the world fell on him as he heard digested what she just said. “W-what?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo slowly turned the knob open, praying that they told him the wrong information. He was thinking that maybe they just had a mistake. Maybe it wasn’t Eunjoo. But when he looked up, he realized that they did not make a mistake.

 

It was really Shin Eunjoo. The Eunjoo he knew. And he Eunjoo he loved. She was there, on the hospital bed. Her eyes were closed and there were a few scars and bruises across her face. Her head was covered with white bandage.

 

And what’s worse was, she was barely breathing.

 

Kyungsoo slowly walked inside while trying to compose himself not to cry. Seeing the girl he loves, lying there almost lifeless is just a painful thing to watch.

 

“How.. why… what happened?” he asked, his eyes still not leaving her fragile figure.

 

“They were caught in the bus accident along Gyeumdong. And unfortunately, her mother died upon arriving here in the hospital. But on the ambulance, she kept on calling your name, asking us to call you and to tell you to take care of Eunjoo.” The nurse narrated in a low tone.

 

How did all of this happen so suddenly?

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Eunjoo will surely breakdown if she knew that her mother’s already dead. Her mother is her only family. And now, she’s gone.

 

What would happen to her now?

 

“How’s she? Why is she not waking up?” he softly asked.

 

“The doctor will arrive here later to give you the results.” Was the nurse’s quick reply before leaving the room, leaving Kyungsoo there standing in silence, not knowing what to do anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“According to our findings, her vitals are all stable. She’s lucky enough that she only sprained her left leg. Other than that, she’s okay.” The doctor explained to Kyungsoo as he adjusted his glasses.

 

But Kyungsoo didn’t look relieved. Looking at Eunjoo’s current state, he has no room to be relieved. “Why isn’t she waking up?” he asked the same thing he asked the nurse earlier.

 

“I’m sure she’ll wake up soon. Don’t worry.” The doctor patted his shoulder and tried to cheer him up.

 

But the problem is the ‘soon’ that doctor promised him never happened. Eunjoo never woke up. She never opened her eyes. She was just there, lying comfortably on the bed for almost two months now.

 

And that greatly frustrates Kyungsoo.

 

Every single day that she isn’t waking up, worries him and he couldn’t even work properly. If he could, he’d stay by her side every single time. But he knew that he couldn’t. His father would kill him then.

 

“Wake up. Eunjoo. Don’t you dare die on me.” Kyungsoo silently whispers as he held her hand. His little prayer sounded more of a threat. He lightly smiles as he stared at her tiny hand clasped with his. If she was awake, he’d be dead for sure. Eunjoo hated his touch but she’s in a deep sleep right now so she can’t do anything to him unless she wakes up.

 

And that’s what he wants to happen.

 

For Eunjoo to wake up.

 

“I can take it if you will hate me for forever. It’s okay for me if I can’t even hold your hand. Just please. Wake up. I can’t stand seeing you like this anymore.”

 

 

 

“Her platelet count dropped and she---“

 

“I don’t care about the platelet count and all the you’re talking about. Dammit. I don’t understand every single thing you say. Just tell me if she’s fine or not.” Kyungsoo impatiently told him. He couldn’t understand those medical terms anyway so why does he bother explaining it to him in the first place.

 

“Eunjoo is fine. We don’t really know why she’s not waking up. But all of her vital signs are fine and---“ Kyungsoo forcefully grabbed the doctor’s collar and glared at him.

 

“You’ve been telling me that for two months now. If she’s okay then why can’t she get up? Why?!” Kyungsoo raged.

 

The doctor tried to calm Kyungsoo down as he tried his best to explain. “Eunjoo is in coma. It’s normal that she---“

 

“Normal? You call this normal? How can this be normal? I’m here beside her and she’s not shooing me away. That’s not ing normal. She normally shoves me away, telling me hurtful things. But why is she like this?!”

 

“We don’t really know why. The recovery depends on the patient herself.”

 

“You call yourself a doctor when you don’t know what’s going on with your patient?!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “ My uncle owns this hospital. Do you want me to call him and have you fired?!” he threatened the doctor and regretted it a few seconds after.

 

Kyungsoos grip on his collar slowly loosened as he broke down into tears. “I’m sorry. Please… please. I beg you. Please save just Eunjoo. Save her please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo found himself on the small chapel near the hospital. He’s not the religious type nor he did have a God. But this time is different.

 

It was for Eunjoo.

 

Who knows? It might.. just work. She might just wake up.

 

Kyungsoo looked up and stared at the cross at the center.

 

I heard you grant people’s wish. Grant mine too. Save Eunjoo. That’s all I want. Just save her. I can take her hurtful words and glaring eyes. But I don’t think I can take it if you take her away from me.

 

Why can’t it be me instead?

 

Please. Let her live. If she lives, I promise. I’ll leave her alone. I won’t ask her to marry me anymore. I’ll even let her go to that Junmen whatever even if I’m a hundred times better than him.

 

Just let her live. Please. Don’t take her away.

 

Please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few weeks has passed.

 

And his visits were more frequent than ever he didn’t care if his father scolds him or whatever. He just wanted to stay near to where Eunjoo is. And sometimes he’s even sleeping on the hospital and refuses to go home.

 

Kyungsoo was awoken with a light tap on his right shoulder. He slowly rubbed his left eye and looked up. Eunjoo was sitting in her bed, staring innocently at him.

 

“I must be dreaming.” Kyungsoo thought as he shook his head to bring himself back to reality but still, she was there, staring at him.

 

It seemed real.

 

He held her hand and gasped. It was real. Eunjoo is finally awake. “You’re awake!” he exclaimed as he hugged her out of nowhere.

 

Eunjoo didn’t push him away like how he expected. Instead, he asked him a question. “Why are we here?” was the first thing she said after being in a deep sleep for so long.

 

Kyungsoo pulled back and gave her a look. “You got into an accident a few months ago Eunjoo. Wait here. I’ll go call the doctor.” he explained as he stood up, ready enough to call the doctor.

 

“Eunjoo? Is that.. my name?” she queried with an innocent look. Kyungsoo froze in his spot as he stared back at her. Did she…

 

“You don’t remember?” he managed to ask her.

 

Eunjoo bit her lower lip and held the pillows near her. “I can’t seem to remember anything.” She confessed as she drew invisible circles on the pillow and slowly looks up to Kyungsoo again. “But.. who are you?”

 

He was stunned by her question.

 

I’m the guy who loves you but you hated me to death. You hate me. Kyungsoo looks back to her, unable to say a word. He doesn’t know how to respond.

 

He can’t say the truth. He doesn’t want to. He doesn’t want her to hate him again. He loves her. And for all these years, he’s been wishing for her to like him back and this might just be the time for that.

 

“Who are you?” Eunjoo asked again. Seeing her innocent expression just makes everything harder.

 

But he already made a decision.

 

And that decision will turn things around.

 

This time. Maybe, Eunjoo will like him.

 

 

 

“I’m Kyungsoo. Your boyfriend. Remember?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you guys watched the first episode of Kyung's drama? I'll watch it nowww~ :)

We reached 100+ subs! Thank you guuuuuys. <333